Thread: Missing the litter box

Missing the litter box

Help! I'm tired of cleaning up poo off the floor We rescued a BIG batch of feral kittens and kept a few for ourselves We understood litterbox training might take a little while, but it's been a looong while now. There are two that refuse to be consistent; both are about 4 months old. When they were younger, we started out with the bathroom lined with litter boxes and reduced them every few days. When accidents started occuring more often, we wormed them and kept them in the pen a few days. Now, one uses the litter box most of the time, but has occaisional "accidents" in her favorite cubby. The other one The only time I have seen her use the litterbox is either when I put her in it (and make her stay), or when she is in remedial training (small pen + litter box). She will go right beside the litter box, but not in it As I said before, I'm so tired of cleaning up poo. We have many litterboxes (# of cats + 1), big and little ones, and different litter amounts in each. Anything else I can try? Thank you.
    Too many pets? What's that?

This website 'The Litterbox' is one of the best at explaining how cats view litterbox comfort vs humans. Some of that info may help. Good luck.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

Try Composure Chews; someone else on here had success with them. You can get them off Amazon.com

If the kittens are feral, I'm not sure how you would ensure each kitty gets ONE, so think about that. Here are 2 links with info on them:

http://www.vetriscience.com/composur...dogs-MD-LD.php

http://www.vetriscience.com/sellshee...re%20Chews.pdf

Oh, the kittens are tame now Just through some of my research, I've read that once feral kittens/cats can be a little more difficult to litterbox train.

I read that website, and it definitely gave me some good ideas to try. Thank-you.
    Too many pets? What's that?