Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cats Laying on you...

Cats Laying on you...

Mama cat has this new routine when I go to bed at night. She likes to lay on top of me which is funny because it took her a couple years after I brought her inside to even lay in my lap.

Last night I just wanted to go to sleep so I petted her for a few and then tucked my arms into my blankets. She was so funny, she got all snuggled up on top of my upper torso area and was purring so sweetly. Every once in a while I would feel her come close to my face and sniff, sniff, sniff my mouth. I guess she was trying to see if I was still breathing.

Does anyone else's cat lay on top of them like this?

That is so sweet! When I go to bed, Fister always come up and walks around my head. He will stand in front of me for a few seconds with his tail almost in face, until I stroke him. Then, when I have settled with my book, he turns around and sits down, clawing into my arm and purrs loudly. After a while, he will turn on his side and expects tummy rubs, which I provide, of course! He never came under the duvets much, but I have recently put it over him with only his head sticking out and he stays longer and longer - I love that!

As soon as I turn off the lights, he goes behind my head, settles down on his pillow in the middle of the bed and gives himself a thorough wash. LOL!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

That is very sweet. No, my cats will usually sleep in their cat beds which are on my bed, the cat condo in my room, or at the foot of my bed. Sometimes Storm will cuddle with me and lay in the crook of my arm.

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    That is so sweet! When I go to bed, Fister always come up and walks around my head. He will stand in front of me for a few seconds with his tail almost in face, until I stroke him. Then, when I have settled with my book, he turns around and sits down, clawing into my arm and purrs loudly. After a while, he will turn on his side and expects tummy rubs, which I provide, of course! He never came under the duvets much, but I have recently put it over him with only his head sticking out and he stays longer and longer - I love that!

As soon as I turn off the lights, he goes behind my head, settles down on his pillow in the middle of the bed and gives himself a thorough wash. LOL!

That is sweet. They each seem to have their own routines. Tink always come in first before Mama. Tinky does her little dance is what I call it. I will pet her and she will dance back and forth, side to side and I will give her chin and ear scratches. Then she will lay down, belly up and I will give her a belly scratch. When she is done she leaves and Mama comes in. Buddy never sleeps up near my head. He will come back to bed shortly after I get into bed too and he always sleeps at my feet.

Yes I have several of my babies that like to sleep on top of me.. I just get used to it.. I do have three babies that like to sniff my mouth too.. They only do it in bed in the early mornings right at wake up time.. I have not figured out why yet..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

All of our babies like to sleep on or near us at night thankfully not all at once They make nice little bed warmers We have leg-layers, arm-curlers, chest-squishers, and one chin-snugger.
    Too many pets? What's that?

I actually had a post about this somewhere on the board...I wondered if their choice to lie upon us in particular places was based on where on mom they nursed as kittens.

I let only three or four cats in the bedroom at night, otherwise it would be a free-for-all. Murphy sleeps in a clothes basket, Grover sleeps on a high window shelf, and Susie sleeps on top of me. She waits until I'm settled in and crawls onto my side. At 17 lbs she's a big girl, so I don't move much the rest of the night. haha

Cuddles in particular loves to sleep on top of me. I am a "stomach sleeper," can't sleep any other way, so she "cuddles" on my back, lol.

Sparkle LOVES mint toothpaste, maybe that is what your cat is sniffing in the evening? Not that tshe likes to eat it, she tried it, decided it was "yucky." But she LOVES the mint smell, ha haa.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post

Sparkle LOVES mint toothpaste, maybe that is what your cat is sniffing in the evening? Not that tshe likes to eat it, she tried it, decided it was "yucky." But she LOVES the mint smell, ha haa.
    My CH baby, Phoebe, loves the smell of my mint toothpaste She has chronic congestion and can only smell STRONG odors. She's my chin-cuddler at night, so I almost always get mouth sniffies from her
    Too many pets? What's that?

Update

Last night I fell asleep in my recliner and just wanted to get into my bed without any interruption and go back to sleep. I curled up on my side and tucked my hands under the covers to get warm. In comes Mama and climbs on top of the length of my arm. She wanted petted so every once in a while I would sense something close to my face, open my one eye and see her paw coming down trying to find my hand. She is just the sweetest thing in the world when she does that. She only stays for about 5 or so minutes and then leaves the room. I am not sure where she sleeps at night.

Havoc usually ends up laying on my torso, and occasionally I'll wake to find Toby draped across my waist. Havoc is very rarely a lap kitty, and Toby only does it occasionally, so I appreciate the warm kitty-ness whenever I can get it

Mac always sleeps on me or right next to me and he purrs both of us to sleep. Ming cuddles under the covers with my son. They are so close it's not funny. I never saw a boy (he's 22 now, but he was15 when we got Ming) love a cat so much, and vice versa. They are inseperable!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Quote Originally Posted by katladyd View Post
    Mac always sleeps on me or right next to me and he purrs both of us to sleep. Ming cuddles under the covers with my son. They are so close it's not funny. I never saw a boy (he's 22 now, but he was15 when we got Ming) love a cat so much, and vice versa. They are inseperable!

I think that is so wonderful for your son to have/love his cat. I always say owning/having/loving a pet growing up is one of the best things you can do for your children.

Boo loved to lie on my chest and tuck his head under my chin. These last few months he was practically glued to me. God, how I miss that now. He's the only one of the Fur Posse who did that. Coco Puff likes to lie on top of my shoes even if my feet are still in them.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11