Thread: Stormylicious

Stormylicious

Stormy, I'm in shock after reading your story. I can't imagine how you could have gotten trapped in a harness to that degree that it caused needing a skin graft. You poor boy! How wonderful that your humans came along when they did. Yes, I'm in total agreement w/adopting an older cat or dog, too. You give such love and seem to be so grateful to have a permanent home. All my Fur Posse are rescues, some older, some not but should the day come when I rescue again, I hope it would be an older cat. And hey, you look so much like my Specs, a Maine Coon, that you could be twins. I'm so glad that all worked out well for you and you are so deserving of the title of COTD. Enjoy, handsome boy.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Stormy, I am so sorry for what the stupid person did to you with the harness. It just makes me shake my head at the stupidity and cruelty of some people. I hope one day they get what they deserve.

Then, on the other hand, we have the loving caring people who rescued you. Thank you for taking pity on him and saving him from more pain. Stormy, I do hope the skin operation will take care of your problem and that your pretty hair will grow back. In the photo you are a very handsome boy. I am so glad you now have a loving home with a wonderful family and hope all of you will be together for a long time. Congrats on being COTD! Kay in NC

Congrats on being COTD, Stormylicious! You are a beauty. You're a lucky boy for finding your new home.

I agree older cats make great companions. We adopted a 7-yr old who looks similar to you.

Hi neighbor

Nice to know that such a kind-hearted couple lives in the town next to mine (St-Hubert, Quebec). Thanks so much for saving and helping Stormy. I volunteer in animal rescue so I greatly appreciate a happy ending for a change. Hopefully Stormy will want to stay in sometime soon (it is getting colder) where he will be safe and get all the loving he has missed out on. I too believe in adopting older cats. My Angel Beyli was 5 when I adopted him and he was my heart. After I lost him to CRF in January 2009 I decided to help another kitty and the rescue told me he was 2 and healthy - turned out he was 10 with a tumor in his leg. The rescue asked when I wanted to return Caramel! Of course he is still with me and doing just fine, and sometimes even likes his "brother" Riley (I live for the day when I catch them cuddling!). They really do show you their appreciation in so many ways.

Take care of each other and bless you for helping this gorgeous fella.
    Last edited by catlover11; 10-17-2010 at 01:30 PM. Reason: addition
    Please have your pets sterilized as soon as possible to lower, and one day hopefully eliminate, unwanted and abandoned pets. It IS our responsibility. Adopting from a shelter also helps - encouraging breeders just adds to the overpopulation.
    http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/QC64.html
    Angel Beyli's Mom thanks you!

I have talked to my friends at the Animal Welfare Association and they have told me some very sad stories of Ctas who have collars that are so outgrown that like Stormylicious they have actually grown into the Cat!!!

We are glad that an Older Stray like Handsome Stormylicios has found a Couple so warm hearted, generous and caring that they give up two weeks in the sun to make sure that Stormylicious has the vet care that he needs.
    You are very rare Cat Guradians indeed and we salute you.

It is good to help an Older Stray and Tubster Panther My OLd Black Cat and Tubby 2 Angel agree!
    Tubster Panther m, Tubby 2 and All My Porch Cats past and present salute Stormylicious , Our Newestt Second Chance Cat ^^ Our Newest Friend Our Newest Cat of the Day^^ and His Very Special Guardians whose hearts are full of love!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Stormylicious what a gorgeous fellow you are!!!

I am so happy that you found a loving family to help you through your earlier distress!!! How horrible that must have been for you!!! That's all over for you now though. I wish you and your loving family nothing but sunshine and happiness from now on.

Congratulations, sweetie, on being our very special Cat of the Day!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stormylicious

WHAT A GREAT THING-OLDER SHELTER/STRAY CATS! MY TUXEDO BOY SAMMY IS 7 AND I GOT HIM WHEN HE WAS ABOUT 3. YOU STORMY-ARE A SWEETHEART! WHAT A GREAT-LOVING RESCUE YOUR HUMANS DID-GOD BLESS! A CAT-LOVING/APPRECIATING BOYFRIEND IS A DOUBLE BLESSING FOR SURE! WELL DON'T LOOK BACK HONEY-YOU ARE IN A GREAT HOME AND I ENJOYED SEEING YOU ON PET TALK-HAPPY CAT OF THE DAY! SUSANSWATLIN518

So happy to meet you beautiful boy, and a very happy Cat of the Day to you! What a most deserving, extra special Sunday honoree you are, Stormylicious...your wonderful family too! God bless such good people; taking you in, doing all in their power to heal you, including giving up their vacation to cover the cost of your surgery! And as your wise Mommy says, rescue is definitely the way to go, and the rewards in adopting an older kitty, a mature kitty, priceless in the unconditional love they give us in return!
    I can't imagine how you came to be homeless, with your harness on! I've read so many horror stories of stray kittes and doggies being found with their collars/harnesses grown into their skin. Thank goodness your Mommy found you in time! Gosh, to think that you required skin grafting is simply heartbreaking! But thankfully you came through with flying colors, healthy and whole, and oh yes, so very handsome, the most handsome "wannabe Maine Coon" I've ever laid eyes on!') (I know you look like a hairless wonder right now, but that glorious coat will grow back!)
    Enjoy your hero worthy Cat of the Day honors, Stormylicious! I wish for you and your family not only a very happy day of celebration, but countless more happy, healthy, carefree years of shared love and companionship! Hugs and kisses to you, beautiful Stormylicious!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Stormy, you are sooooo handsome! I love your sweet white whiskers. I definitely see Maine Coon in you! Happy Cat of the Day!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I can't imagine what it was like for you being trapped in that harness. I'm so glad, Stormylicious, that you were rescued by such fine people and have found a loving home.

Greetings, Stormy! I have seen a few cats (and dogs) come into the shelter where I volunteer with their collars embedded into their skin, but I have never seen a cat who has a whole harness embedded. You poor guy! Hearing your story, I realize you were already in very bad shape, and I can't imagine the consequences if you hadn't been rescued when you were. You must have felt terrible with the infection you had, and I'm sure your skin transplant wasn't painless Thank goodness for wonderful, kind people like your mom and her friend who were determined to rescue you and find you a home. You found your forever home with her, though, didn't you It sounds as though you are getting the best of care. You are truly loved by both your mom and her boyfriend!

It's amazing you're as playful and forgiving as you are, so you must understand it wasn't your mom who put you in the harness and lost track of you. You know she loves you and you like to tease her in return, but I'm sure you give her lots of love, too You are beautiful in your old photo, so I can't imagine how handsome you will be once your gorgeous coat grows back. Maybe your mom will post some new photos soon!

Happy Cat of the Day today and every day, Stormylicious! You have earned the title forever!

XXXXXXXXXXXAll our children have paws!
    XXXXXXXXNewman, Lexie, Molly, Emma, Billy,
    XXXXXXXXJess, Jinx, Midge, Sofie, and Tiger

RIP at the Rainbow Bridge:
    Our kitties, Simmy, Duke, Blackie, Mama Cat, Riley, April, and Chloe.
    Our dogs, Shilo, Misty, Nikki, and Shadow.
    We miss you. Play gently until we meet again.

Stormylicious Mom here

You guys are just the sweetest ever!

I sent in that text 5 years ago and yes, Stormy has recuperated 100% (except for the faking wanting to go in part and running away...) and he lives happily ever after with 7 other sad storied stray kitties including one other Cat of The Dayer Tiddles
    Like myself, he misses Ringoletta very much.

There is love for cats in this world, thanks to people like ourselves.

Take care!!