Thread: Introducing...Momma Copper!

Introducing...Momma Copper!

Dear Momma Copper. I can't begin to tell you how touched I was reading your incredible story this morning. Moved to tears of joy as I read how you and 3 of your babies survived such abuse and angered beyond measure at the cruelty you and so many other defenseless wheekers suffered at the hands of those despicable breeders. As the Mom of 2 rescued piggies myself, I know first hand of your gentle, loving and forgving nature. I can't begin to convey my gratitude to your rescuers. No living being should ever be relegated to a life of reproduction for the sole benefit of us humans. You truly are a miracle girl. And now, in the sanctity of your safe and loving forever home, surrounded by the love of your humans, you may indulge in that life of luxury you so rightly deserve!! Me and my piggies Squeekers and Moonbeam send to you our love and sincere wishes for a very long, healthy and happy life, precious one! Congratulations to you brave, courageous, BEAUTIFUL little Momma Copper, our most deserving, inspirational, Pet of the Day! I know that your special day will be filled with all the love, lap time and yummy treats you heart desires! Popcorn!!!!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Back to complimenting again!!!

Good morning Momma Copper you cute little thing!! Aww, I am so sorry you had to deal with those living conditions. It must have been terrible. I am also sorry about your precious baby that was lost. I'm sure you miss him a lot even though you did not have much time to see him. You had been pregnant for seven months of your life??!! Wow, you must have been very strong and patient to do that. I am so glad that you can get all the food and water when you want and play with your children when you want! See how much it pays off to trust us humans?! I also cannot believe your beautiful fur was once not there. You look so pretty with your fur!! What a wonderful story you have, Momma Copper, and bes wishes to you and your babies. I hope you recieve many special things on your special day!! Congratulations on Pet of the Day!!
    Britt, Floppsy, Lady, Sally, and Kelsey.

Good Morning Momma Copper, my what a beautiful girl you are with all the beautiful hair just flowing. One would never guess that you were bald at one time. I'm so glad that your family rescued a pretty little girl like you from those deplorable conditions. Now you have a wonderful life with your babies and it sounds like you are quite the Gourmet with all those veggies and fruit to eat. I love to hear that you are so content that you love to sleep in your Guardian's lap and are so relaxed.
    Congratulations dear, sweet Momma Copper Our Very Best Pet of the Day. I'm sure your family will be giving you some very special veggies and fruits to you on your Very Special Day.
    Jackie, Miss Daisy and Perry

Oh, Momma Copper, you are such a winner! First, you survived a terrible beginning. Then you found such love in your heart to give to your new caring family.

Not many creatures can get away with a hairdo like yours, Momma Copper! But, your loving nature has earned you any "do" you want, plus all the veggies you can eat. No doubt, you deserve to be our remarkable, lovable, extraordinary Pet of the Day!
    "Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

Momma Copper
    Your story touched me so much! I'm so glad your loving new family rescued you from such an awful life. I love your hair do!! and your sweet face too. I hope you gets lots of cuddles and veggies as a treat today. Congratulations on being our spcecial, sweet Pet of the Day today.

Your ock Momma Copper! Glad you found your way to a house where everyone love you!! Love that hair cut girl! Congrats for being Our Pet of the Day!!

Your story is a heartbreaker. I'm so glad you and your little family are in a happy home now. It looks like you and I have the same hairdresser. LOL Is that hairdo typical of your breed? I bet you would be warm and cuddly curled up in my lap. Enjoy those veggies on your special POTD!

Momma Copper would like to thank you all!

I apologize for us not seeing that she was POTD sooner...if you look at my signature you will see that ours is a busy house (and about to get busier...on 11/10 2 rescued African Pygmy hedgehogs will eb joining our forever family...both have been neglected and need some serious TLC which they will get here...their names are Zevida and Vanya) so I don't get online on a timely basis.

Momma C is one of the most gentlest gps I have ever met...from the first day she seemed to know she could trust us. All of our animals seem to know this....none are skittish and all seem to just understand that we love them more than words could ever say. Her daughters live with her (all 27 females live together) and her son lives in a home next to the big condo the girls live in and they visit thru the walls of their homes.

When we got her she was 9 mos. old and out of those 9 mos. had spent 7 mos. pregant (3 litters...approx. 70 days gestation per litter). We honestly did not think she would survive. She was malnourished and dehydrated and in labor when she arrived (I think she was holding the babies in...not wanting them to be born in Hades and would have sacrificed herself in keeping them from being born) and when I contacted people who were experienced with gps (we had just gotten our first 3 in April and she came to us in June so we were still new to it all) & they didn't think she would survive (her chances were so slim). She is light bulb shaped from her ribs having never had a chance to form correctly due to her getting pregnant so young. She has bladder issues for the same reason (she she relaxes..she pees.....it HAS gotten better in the last 17 mos. though). She was in pretty sad shape. She was the oldest of the gps who came from Hades...the others were 4-8 weeks old. They are all doing great, too.

We get a lot of comments when we tell people 50 animals live here....and soon 52....but...we believe strongly in providing homes for neglected and unwanted animals & spoiling them for the rest of their lives. It makes for a crowded living room...but it is worth it!
    ~Raiza~
    35, married for 17 years & mom to 4 sons (16, 14, 12 & 10) &
    "Mom" to:
    The African Pygmy Hedgehogs: D'Artagnan (3), Zevida (2), Tiggy (almost 1), Winkle (1--born 11/01), Vanya (1), Gweny-Fi (7 mos.), Glori-Rose & Porthos (6 mo. old twins) & Rivka (born mid-Oct./02)

The Dogs: Buckeye (8yo Black Lab), Sassie (19 mo. Black Lab), Daisy-May (9 mo. old Beagle/?) & Gizmo (3 mo. old Yorkie)

& The Guinea Pigs: All rescued or adopted between 4/01-6/02, none bred here...we have 27 females & 9 males

"Grandma" to 2 Missisippi Map turtles who have a catfish maid

Welcome to Pet Talk, Raiza!! As a piggie mom myself (just 2!) I was especially touched by Momma Copper's story. What a sweet, sweet girl. Thanks to you, your dedication and devotion, so many abused, neglected and homeless creatures have found heaven on earth Labbies, a Beagle boy, hedgehoggers, guinea pigs, and the list goes on!! Thank you so much for rescuing, sheltering, protecting these innocent creatures from this sometimes cruel world! I noticed you've posted on a few threads. Hopefully, in the course of your very busy day, you'll find a moment to share more of your beautiful family with us! Welcome from Sandra, Cody, Star, Oliver, Mr. B., Squeekers and Moonbeam!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Sandra, thank you very much!!
    I have a few pics of severla of my animal kiddos submitted...I will submit more as soon as I get a spare moment. I love showing my animal kids off.....
    ~Raiza~
    35, married for 17 years & mom to 4 sons (16, 14, 12 & 10) &
    "Mom" to:
    The African Pygmy Hedgehogs: D'Artagnan (3), Zevida (2), Tiggy (almost 1), Winkle (1--born 11/01), Vanya (1), Gweny-Fi (7 mos.), Glori-Rose & Porthos (6 mo. old twins) & Rivka (born mid-Oct./02)

The Dogs: Buckeye (8yo Black Lab), Sassie (19 mo. Black Lab), Daisy-May (9 mo. old Beagle/?) & Gizmo (3 mo. old Yorkie)

& The Guinea Pigs: All rescued or adopted between 4/01-6/02, none bred here...we have 27 females & 9 males

"Grandma" to 2 Missisippi Map turtles who have a catfish maid