Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Random Cat Thoughts

Random Cat Thoughts

Tonight I gave my cat Leela some cat treats, for the usual reason (none at all). As I scattered them from my palm, I noted that she seemed to be really interested in those that rolled away...she looked as if they might be prey!

This started me thinking. Wouldn't it be great if cat-treat makers could make cat treats with little (totally organic and digestible) motors in them, so that the treats could wiggle and wobble and behave like things that cats would naturally pounce upon? The cats would eat them like crazy, sales would go through the roof, owners would find their humans being more pleased, and OH DAMN IT I've given away another multi-million idea, haven't I? Oh dear, no wonder I'm poor and all.

Post random cat fanciful thoughts here, please!

Or flying ones like moths. Tinky loves moths. She will sit and stare at the ceiling for hours waiting for one to come along. Only occasionally will one get inside the house but she never gives up.

You sound like you are on a roll. Can you come up with a way to teach cats to clean their own litter box and dispose of the contents?

LOL this reminded me . . . you've seen those treat balls? Round knobby ball, small hole in one end, you put treats in it? The knobs ensure the ball doesn't roll in a straight line.

When Sparkle was a hefty 18 pounds, my vet recommended I get her one. Took her less than 5 minutes to figure it out. Lie down, hold it with front paw, rotate part way forward and back, lean forward and eat treat. Rotate part way forward and back, eat treat.

Not exactly what the vet had in mind, ha haaa!

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    LOL this reminded me . . . you've seen those treat balls? Round knobby ball, small hole in one end, you put treats in it?
    Exactly! I used a home-mad version of it for Peppito because he was eating too fast. It was a cylindric plastic box (tube) in which I made holes. He loved hunting his kibbles and learned to eat them one by one.

I got the new Whiska Treats , the Functional Ones as I had two BOGO Coupons. They just love them, and I will have to try rolling one to see if they will chase!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I throw their treats down the hall and make them run. Loads of fun.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Franklin has to do his "tricks" before he gets any treats...even then I hide it under my hand so he has to work to get it....
    Diane
    Central Coast CA
    "Cats happen......"

I think my meowmie should stay home with meeeeee!!!

Purrs,
    Cassie

Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Today is World Cat Day! Go to www.bing.com and see the kitty picture! Elebenty zillion hugs and lovies to all the PT kitties!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Congratulations and Celebrations to all Kitties around the World AND the kitty Angels at the Rainbow Bridge too, and to all the people who love them!!!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

All the best to all the kitties around the world!
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Blog Entries
    I love all cats and I cannot lie!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by happylabs View Post
    Or flying ones like moths. Tinky loves moths. She will sit and stare at the ceiling for hours waiting for one to come along. Only occasionally will one get inside the house but she never gives up.

You sound like you are on a roll. Can you come up with a way to teach cats to clean their own litter box and dispose of the contents?
    Flying Temptations!!! OMG! My cats would love it ❤️ 👍🏿 That's doable, I'd pay for those. As for cleaning the litter, if they could ... they might, but probably no. They have spent a lot of years training peeps to do it, why bother now.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    LOL this reminded me . . . you've seen those treat balls? Round knobby ball, small hole in one end, you put treats in it? The knobs ensure the ball doesn't roll in a straight line.

When Sparkle was a hefty 18 pounds, my vet recommended I get her one. Took her less than 5 minutes to figure it out. Lie down, hold it with front paw, rotate part way forward and back, lean forward and eat treat. Rotate part way forward and back, eat treat.

Not exactly what the vet had in mind, ha haaa!
    Clever and hungry Sparkle laughed at that trick!!

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    I think my meowmie should stay home with meeeeee!!!

Purrs,
    Cassie
    Oh, Cassie girl... what I wouldn't give to have those days back again.