Hi everyone...
I'm new to the forum and seeking help as I'm not a very emotionally stable person, though I do have support from my family and friends.
Yesterday, we unfortunately had to put our 8 1/2 year old cat to sleep. We found a few weeks ago that it's Kidney's were failing(we took it to the Vets after we saw signs that something is wrong like not eating, not drinking, no energy and unfortunately it lost a lot of weight.
We got medication for it which the Vet said we could try.. it would not permanently fix the issue, as you can't stop Kidney failure, but he did say it will slow it down.
We decided to go with it, and see what it does. He had it for a week, and had no issues with it at all... I thought life was starting to change again last week when I saw him starting to gain a bit more weight, he was eating more, active again, etc...
Then like a slap to the face this weekend he just stopped eating... started sleeping constantly.. stopped doing everything that he normally did...
Yesterday morning he tried to jump onto my bed but unfortunately didn't have the strength to get up.. I knew this would be his last week...
Yesterday afternoon comes along and I was sitting in room... he tried to walk down the stairs, but then he just collapsed..
I picked him up to put him on our floor and he couldn't walk.. if he did, he would wobble back and forth..... I took him into the litter box but he just sat in there...
I knew it was time to let me furry friend pass on into heaven's gates..
I said my goodbyes to him at the Vets... hugged him and kissed him for 5 minutes then held his hand while he was being put to sleep... The Vet's say it took around 30 seconds for him to be gone.. he was asleep in 10 seconds..

I cannot believe that he is gone... I got no sleep last night.... it makes me depressed(emotionally) thinking that I will never be able to see my furry friend again

What can you guys give me for advice to make me accept the fact that he is passed on.. I have good memories with him stuck in my head, but then I can't get that awful picture of seeing him asleep out of my head...

Thanks for any advice guys.. it's appreciated.