Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vaccinations for Indoor Kitties

We go for our cats shots for the FVRCP - Rabies shot too since they are indoor kitties.
    In loving memory of Tigger 2003-2009. In loving memory of Ashes 2001-2013.

All three of mine got vaccinated today for Rabies, Distemper and Leukemia. I usually only get rabies, but after I let Jane in my house with no shots (I did isolate her), I didn't argue with the vet today. Since Spunky will be 10 next year and Same will be 8, they may go to 3 year shots at a clinic. I'm not likely to bring another stray inside. I know my limitations.

Sam is tuckered out right now but he also got a Convenia shot and some medrol for his stomatitus. His gums were irritated and we are trying to minimize his discomfort.

I only did rabies for the longest time because of the epidemic in our area. I didn't want the critters confiscated.

I haven't thought about the rubella-mumps vaccine. I'll ask the doc. I get the dpt (tetanus about every 8 to 9 years. I usually injure myself in a manner requiring a tetanus shot every 8 to 9 years, so I've kept it up.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)