View Poll Results: Who cleans better? Women or men?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Women

21 61.76%
  • Men

4 11.76%
  • 50/50 We do it both equally

9 26.47%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do women clean better than men?

Do women clean better than men?

My friend and I are having a little disagreement on whether or not women clean better than men. My vote? I vote for women! Granted, I'll seen a lot of clean freak men, but when it comes to the overall community who is cleaner? We're not counting people with mental issues here either. Just normal, healthy people. K?

Examples are doing the dishes (by hand, not using a dishwasher), doing laundry, folding laundry, putting laundry away, vacuuming, mopping, scrubbing the bathtub and tile etc. You know, every day cleaning actitivites. I asked everyone at work and every single one voted for women.

I'd like to know what state you're from too. Maybe men are cleaner in different parts of the world?
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

My bf does the dishes and I think every time he does I find at least one cup with gunk still on it. Bless his little heart for trying though!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

It was not hard for me to vote because the things you listed my boyfriend doesn't do. He is good at cleaning the kitchen counters though. That's his job when we are getting ready for a party. But it's also because he is the brainiac who decided to put floor tiles on the counter. So he gets to scrub them.

When he does dishes I always find crud on them. I show him and ask him if it looks clean. Never really get an answer on that one.

I guess he does fine on the vacuuming (although he doesn't do it often). Although he does keep the house tidy. Our house is not cluttered. Dusty, yes. But not cluttered (just don't look in the office or our bedroom)

I do not allow him to do laundry. He did it before I moved in, but since then....NOPE! My parents owned a dry cleaners all of my life (up until 2007) so I want to be in control of my own clothes. Funny thing is I didn't learn how to do laundry until I was probably 22 or so.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Women!

The BF tries, but when he's cleaning, he doesn't seem to get in the corners like I do. I also think nothing of getting out the vacuum or wiping down the counters- if I didn't tell him things need to get done, I think he'd live in filth!

I do the laundry because I want my clothes to come out of the dryer the same size that they went into the dryer!

His specialty is cooking- he makes fantastic meals and I can barely boil water!!

So the trade off works well for us!
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

I voted women for a few reasons. After college I worked as a janitor in a big hospital, and most of the men who also had that job totally slacked off or got the "easy" jobs.

The other reason is because I clean better than my husband. To be fair, he cleans just as much if not more than I do, but I feel like I do a better job, especially at organizing!! He just does not get organizing. But when he's cleaning, I just let him go at it; I'm not going to a mess with a good thing when he does his fair share, even if I notice things I would have done better.

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Ladies ~ Hope you realize that some guys deliberately do a crappy job so that you'll give up and do it yourself.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

My boyfriend must be the ONLY one so far in this. LOL.. he cleans a lot, and likes to keep things tidy, especially in the kitchen. He always helps me clean, as well, so it's 50/50!
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

I think women for the most part because we are taught it is women's work. It is up to mom's of the world to show their sons that housework, yardwork, childcare, cooking, baking, wash are to be 50/50 and to show them how so they can do it for themselves if they are single and help out their mate when not.

This thread is rigged !!!!
    10 answers
    9 women 1 man
    Votes = 9-1

I was taught it was equally mens' and womens' work. Emphatically so.

In our house, though, Paul does most of the cleaning, as I am allergic to most cleaning products because of the artificial scents companies put in them. I am even allergic to the smell of ammonia itself - I avoid shopping stores when they are cleaning the floors for just that reason. I use white vinegar for cleaning whenever I can. I am also horribly allergic to dust, so Paul does all the vacuuming, by order of my doctor. Paul was raised by his mother who was a Chemistry major and a Medical Technologist, so he has exacting standards for cleanliness.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by kuhio98 View Post
    Ladies ~ Hope you realize that some guys deliberately do a crappy job so that you'll give up and do it yourself.

Yup, my hubby has that perfected. He's not allowed to clean the bathroom anymore after I found out he was using a single paper towel and a sponge to clean the whole thing. He's not allowed to do laundry for a myraid of reasons. However despite the fact he's lousy at doing dishes I make him do them because he dirties more dishes in a day than I do in a week.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

I would say in general women are much cleaner and do a better job at cleaning. Not all women are clean though. I've had my share of female roommates who never cleaned their bathroom or room and they would leave food on the dishes or dirty dishes in the sink. Just because they say they're neat and clean doesn't mean it's true either. I'm so glad that I now live alone so if I make a mess it's my mess.

Quote Originally Posted by kuhio98 View Post
    So true!!!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

There's no guys in my student flat, and we have a very clean kitchen. My friend in the flat above us, however, often finds the remainders of food from days ago in her kitchen, courtesy of her male neighbours!

I have met some men who are very good at cleaning up after themselves, but admittedly, women generally outnumber them.

Zimbabwe 07/13

I honestly don't know. I do know one man who puts me to shame when it comes to cleaning, well, two actually; my son and one of the men in the African band that I managed. They both detail the house when cleaning.

I can say this, though: when I was cleaning houses for a living, men's bathrooms were always cleaner than women's. Always. I was shocked at the condition of women's bathrooms but the men seemed to really try to keep the bathrooms as clean as possible.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11