Thread: Marbles' adventures

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!

Marbles' adventures

Some of you have been following me on FB so you know that Marbles recently went through another bout of not eating and constipation.

She is now on Periactin to stimulate her appetite and another drug for mega-colon.

All of her tests had come back normal - blood, stool, etc., so the vet is baffled at her symptoms.

She now is eating and everything seems to be moving normally, but she still seems unhappy.

I think Nancy the cat psychic was right and all that is wrong is that she needs a friend. I will look and hopefully get her a buddy soon.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Poor Marbles. I hope that this new drug will do the trick. Did your vet ever mention Lactulose? My RB Pepper had constipation problems and this worked very well for him. Does she like canned pumpkin or any kind of squash? This could also help her. Does she like to eat canned food at all? I've been feeding some of my cats Wellness grain free canned food and it has sweet potato,squash,zucchini,cranberries, and blueberries in it and so far it's even helped my senior cat Storm with his sometimes constipation problem. You can buy it at Petco, Petsmart, Pet Food Express, Pet Club and many other independent pet stores. I've found that Pet Club has the best prices though.

Marbles may be bored and a bit lonely when you're away at work so I bet that getting her a buddy will help her to feel happier. I know that my kittens Alani & Blaze love playing and wrestling together and they are best buddies and really have needed each other. Good luck in your cat/kitten search for a buddy for Miss Marbles. I would recommend a young laid back male cat or kitten. Possibly an orangie.

She won't eat wet food - I've tried everything from Friskies shreds that the old vet suggested to all the higher-end brands, she won't touch pumpkin, she won't eat people food. She's even turning her nose up to Fancy Feast. She loves her Evo Wild Cravings treats, occasionally will eat Temptations treats but only if she's in the mood to eat them and is eating the Life's Abundance dry food.

The Cisapride has given her runny stools, so we're cutting down on that med. She's now hip to the fact that she can flip a pill out the side of her mouth - she's SMART! So she's only getting the appetite stimulant once a day.

It's obvious she's not feeling well, but all the tests have come back normal. She is absolutely miserable in this heat that we've been having. She hangs out in the bathtub or sink and I spritz her down with water or play with her with ice to cool her down.

I'm not sure what's next. We have a follow-up appointment with the vet tomorrow.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here

I am sorry to hear about Marbles not feeling good.. Come on baby girl & eat ok.. Hope you get to feeling better real soon.. Sending Lots of Prayers & Huggss..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Well I know that we've been having a heat wave but I would think that you'd be much cooler being in S.F. than I have been. My cats are still plenty hungry for their food and they let me know it. I hope that Marbles vet visit will go well tomorrow. Please continue to keep us updated about her. This weekend should also be much cooler so hopefully she'll begin to feel more comfortable. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.

Marbles' weight is up and so is she. 9.3 lbs. of Marbles' nuttiness. The vet said to keep monitoring, keep administering .3 ml. cisapride 2x a day and watch the food intake.

She's pretty much back to being her normal runaway, door darter brat who was also oh-so-helpful (not) when a friend tried helping me with some computer issues yesterday.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here

I'm glad that she's gained some weight and I hope she'll continue to do well. More prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.

So glad to hear that Marbles is feeling much better & eating again.. Keep up the good eating Marbles.. More Huggss & Prayers

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Glad to hear that Marbles is doing better. And what a good idea, to get her a friend!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I need to buy stock in Ping Pong balls! I swear there are at least a dozen somewhere in my apartment, but only one was visible when I left this morning. I'm sure it will be under the bed, bathtub, loveseat or stove by the time I get home.

she's back to being her bitey, bratty self. The little fluffy goon.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here

Awww....you GO Marbles!!!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Well done, Marbles!!!!!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery