Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Veterinary Odyssey so far

Wow very cool! Must be neat having ponies right outside your window! The town sure looks like it has anything and everything. Thanks for posting the pix, I enjoyed looking at them.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

OMG I'm so jealous! I adore London and Camden. I bought a silver toast rack at the market there for five pounds and it was recently appraised at $325! I wouldn't sell it though since it has great memories for me!
    Horses and Cows in Camden? Who knew? LOL! Trafalgar Square is my most single favorite place on earth. I want my ashes scattered there!
    I'm hoping to visit again next year. I used to go a couple of times a year but haven't been since 2000! Very homesick.
    Good luck with your studies. You are a very talented and smart girl and you'll do great!

Claudia & Calvin

Great pictures. What a wonderful and exciting and difficult time too with all the coursework, but enjoy this is a special time in your life.
    I was in England 2 years ago and it is the most wonderful place on earth.
    Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy. Sending you best wishes for much fun and not too much stress.
    You look beautiful and young and it's as if the whole world is for you to take and make it your own.

Nice room. It looks very much like the French student rooms. And it is a chance you have it and did not have to find an apartment outside the campus.

Having the animals there is so great! I guess they must be very spoiled in a vet school

You, the photos, the descriptions given...amazing! What an exciting time, and thanks for sharing a glimpse of it with us. I wish you nothing but the best, and then some.

Wow, thank you all so much, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    You have to change your "location" - you're not in Lancashire any more, that's for sure! I've visited London twice, and there's so much to see and do! How cool that you have the animals right outside your windows, do you sneak treats to the ponies? I would!
    Yup, the grey pony will stick it's head through the kitchen window and she's been slipped a carrot or two... The cats don't have it quite so lucky, as I'm vegetarian!

Quote Originally Posted by momcat
    That kitty is adorable! Do they actually come in your room?

Please accept my very best wishes for your continued success with your studies. One more question, could Groucho be put on the waiting list for your veterinary services when you have your own practice?
    Tigger pops into our kitchen every now and then if the window's open but he's wary of rooms - probably best since we wouldn't want him getting accidentally locked in! It's lovely to have animals around when I miss Mercy so much.

Of course, I would be privileged to have Groucho on my list!

Thanks again everyone, the comments mean so much.

Zimbabwe 07/13

I'm so glad you are enjoying your new adventure. It's great to be able to see your photos.

I was just in London about three weeks ago and went to Greenwich which I had never been to before. We had to wait five minutes or so until they cleared a film set away from road so we could all get through. I've since discovered that they were filming the fourth Pirates of the Carribean. So have you met Johnny Depp yet???

We've been trying to keep an eye on the London Evening Standard as to where they might be filming next. Word on the grape vine is somewhere around Regent Street!

I'm not doing so well on celebrity-watching I must admit! My friend has seen Rod Stewart and Penny Lancaster at Camden Lock, as well as Tim from Junior Apprentice at a freshers' party, and Amy Winehouse has supposedly been seen out and about by a few people (she lives in Camden).

I *think* I've seen an ITV newsreader and camera crew rushing across Kings Cross Station, and I've attended a seminar given by the professor who presented 'Victorian Pharmacy', which was recently on BBC2. As yet that's as well as I've done on that front, although I am hopefully going to meet David Attenborough when he comes to Gower Street in November. I also plan on attending some film premieres (such as Harry Potter) at Leicester Square, I'll try to get photos for PT!

Zimbabwe 07/13