Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Doo, Doo, Doo, Looking out my back door?

Doo, Doo, Doo, Looking out my back door?

Looking Out My Back Door
    By John Fogerty....

Just got home from Illinois, lock the front door, oh boy!
    Got to sit down, take a rest on the porch.
    Imagination sets in, pretty soon I'm singin',

Doo, doo, doo, Lookin' out my back door.

There's a giant doing cartwheels, a statue wearin' high heels.
    Look at all the happy creatures dancing on the lawn.
    A dinosaur Victrola list'ning to Buck Owens.
    Do do do lookin out my back door

Tambourines and elephants are playing in the band.
    Won't you take a ride on the flyin' spoon?
    Doo, doo doo.
    Wond'rous apparition provided by magician.

-----------------

Bother me tomorrow, today, I'll buy no sorrows.

Doo, doo doo lookin out my back door

This is one of my favorite 'silly songs' of all time.

I never thought that it would come true for me. No, no giant doing cartwheels or statue wearing high heels either!

Saturday night I went to the kitchen to look to get a something to drink. I looked out my back door and saw a triangle shaped face in the cat's food.

Nope, not anyone I know!!!!!!

It's a giant frigging POSSUM. I look for the cats and don't see any....I was looking for something to scare him away and see a piece of cucumber in my compost bowl...I opened the door and winged it at him/her. She took off a running and I was up and down all night waiting to see if it came back....nope, no problem whatsoever!

Last night, Looking Out My Back Door?

I was in the bathroom and heard someone rooting around between the houses and went to look out the back door?

I see a Fracking Pit Bull and a rather large dog that I cannot tell What The Heck It Is, running around in the back yard.

Like WTF is this? A petting zoo?

They either they came in by busting thru the back fence or came in under the front gate. There is a 'sweeper' flap of metal attached to the underside of one of the gates to keep creatures out/in.

I opened the door to see if I could shoo them out and this stupid PB starts to bark at me like HE IS IN CHARGE.

I grabbed my pellet gun to defend myself and took a few more steps out side and the effer would not back down!!!!

So I decided to check for the cats- they were hiding on the top of the wood box and jumping onto the roof, so they were safe!

I decided not to mess with them until daylight and sure enough, they were gone.
    I looked at the sweeper on the gate and it was pushed outward to the street, I fixed it and am ready to see who shows up tonight.

I think I would welcome that dinosaur Victrola after all the animals.

No Elephants or Tambourines tonight, please!

RICHARD,

You stoned or something???

Ya gotta be careful, man. I saw what I thought was a cat and started walking towards it. It was waddling!!!

It was a SKUNK!

I ran to my car!!

Thank God there is no such thing as Au De Opposum!!!
    Last edited by moosmom; 10-05-2010 at 06:07 AM.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom View Post
    RICHARD,

You stoned or something???

Ya gotta be careful, man. I saw what I thought was a cat and started walking towards it. It was waddling!!! I ran to my car!!

Thank God there is no such thing as Au De Opposum!!!

Me and you and the possums?

------------

I drank four beers all weekend-That was it.

I swear, things would make more sense if I WAS ALL JACKED UP.

Maybe someone opened a petting zoo close to you and forgot to tell yo...

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Let's hope Pepe La Pew doesn't invite himself over!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Animal House ????

I always assumed CCR did some acid when they wrote this.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Richard (and anyone else)-

Do you know just how that song came about?? I read a interview with John Fogarty many, many years ago and he spoke of how that song got penned........anyone??
    Bunny & Kitties:

Taz - F (7); Majerle - M (4) & Loki - M (8 months)
    (pronounced: Marley).

wow, I so totally had the lyrics of that song wrong all these years!
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

I'll have you know that song has been running through my head off and on since you posted it!
    I've Been Frosted

Mine too...dang it! I wonder if it is some sort of an odd moon phase...I was driving home from my friends house the other night and came across a herd of deer right in the middle of the road. There was over 10 of them at least!

Catsnclay,

Not a clue. Care to divulge??

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

It's with great regret that I tell you that I found the possum dead behind the shed I am tearing down.

No wonder the dogs were going crazy that night, they must have cornered it and killed it.

Once again I stumbled upon a carcass unexpectedly.

A moment of silence, please?

Thanks!

This sucker had a tail that was about 18 inches long!

---------------

"tangerines and Elvis are playing in the band"

How John Fogerty came about the lyrics to this song:

When he came home after a very long tour, he found his young son playing alone in the backyard, talking to his "friends". John & his wife sat on the porch in silence just listening to him talking & responding, after several minutes, John interrupted and asked his son who he was talking to. His son answered he was talking & playing with his friends, then proceeded to point in one area and say can't you see that stupid statue wearing mommy's high heels??? He also mentioned others, like the giant and all the lawn animals.

John was amazed at the boy's immagination, and from there the song was born!

I always thought that was a great story, somthing I will never forget. Many of my nieces & nephews has great immaginations, too.

Never underestimate a childs mind.

Now you all know some trivia!
    Bunny & Kitties:

Taz - F (7); Majerle - M (4) & Loki - M (8 months)
    (pronounced: Marley).

Quote Originally Posted by Catsnclay View Post
    Richard (and anyone else)-

Do you know just how that song came about?? I read a interview with John Fogarty many, many years ago and he spoke of how that song got penned........anyone??

Acid! I tell you, it HAD to be acid!
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien