View Poll Results: Do you have male or female cats?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • My cat(s) is/are male

6 18.75%
  • My cat(s) is/are female

7 21.88%
  • I have both

19 59.38%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Male or female?

Male or female?

Do you have a male or a female cat - or both of it? Is it that you prefer having a boy respectively a girl or doesn't it make a difference to you?

Thought it would be interesting to find out!

BTW, I always had females so far!

Kirsten

I have two boys and one girl - love 'em all to bits. Had boys and girls at different time of my life. Makes no difference at all to me which sex they are.

Lynne

I have 2 boys and 2 girls. Then boys are definately more laid back. The girls tend to get cranky (must be p.m.s.)
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

I have three boys and three girls. My hissy, spitty cat is a female, but it's not really her fault. My cuddle cats are one female(ivy) and one male (onyx). It never really mattered to me what sex they were when I got them. Most of them just showed up anyway!
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

I have two boys and they are pretty laid back type of guys also.

I have 2 girls and one boy. Abby (F) is a priss, and can get crabby. She's also rather bossy.

Bo (M) is a snuggler and a lover. Very mellow, not much bothers him.

Hanna (F) is very snuggly and lovey too, she latched onto Bo after I brought her home. She is still a kitten, but I hope she stays lovey.

I have a female and that was by choice. Had a bad experience when I was a teenager with a male who "sprayed" a suede coat of mine which I had saved and saved my hard-earned $ to buy.

That odor NEVER came out.

I have a female and that is my preference for 2 reasons. Like Edwina's secretary said, no spraying problems and the other reason is to even up the male/female ratio in the house.

I have three of each...

Texas is way male- the king, the boss, and controller.
    Georgia- is a peachy kind of gal- very loving- if you are laying down.
    Tennie is a big baby boy- he is a lovedozer (kinda like a bull dozer, but softer), and nothing gets to him.
    Allie is a bratty girl- very affectionate- very bad. She is about as laid back as the water coming over Niagra Falls.
    Dakkie is perhaps the biggest baby in the world. If Tenny is a lovedozer, Dakky is an lovesubmarine. Nothing stops him from loving (or eating ). He takes the love right out from under the others.
    Then, there is Minnie. She wants to be a lover, but can't right now, cause she is so scared.

I don't care what they are, as long as they are happy, healthy, and black and white

Originally posted by Cataholic
    II don't care what they are, as long as they are happy, healthy, and black and white
    You need to move up here. The dominant cat gene up here is black and white. The shelter is over run with black and white babies. They tend to take a very long time to get adopted as they are so common. Everyone wants something more unusual. Our shelter would love you!
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

2 males and 1 female kitties

I have ferrets and have more males than females. I love my females but prefer the boy ferts because they are more laid back and cuddable(I know not a word but it works for me!) The female ferts that I've had experience with are more hyper and nippier.

It's the opposite with cats. My boys are more hyper and my baby girl is a cuddler. Of course it all depends on the personality of the pet and sex really doesn't matter, I just found it intriguing the differences in personalities between my male and female ferrets and my male and female cats.

Tiff and the ever expanding krewe
    Scout, Gigi, & Bixby -the kitties
    Rory, Lola, Jax, Max, & Lulu -the ferrets

I cheated: I voted male because they are BY FAR my favorite! But I actually have both, 8 males and 3 females.

three

2 males and 1 female

Graemer - lovey dovey kinda cat. Loves to be held like a baby.

Miley - Graemer's litter sister. I call her Sybil because she has so many different personalities and dispositions.

Gabe - a NJ kitty - kinda bratty, but a big ball of fluff inside and out. He just acts tough. He is one big scardie cat!

I prefer the male cats to the females, although I have has some wonderful female cats in the past. They don't seem to adjust as nicely to visitors and new pets, as the male cats do.

I love em all.

Personally, on the occasions that I have been able to "choose", which is two times, total, I have chosen females. I wanted to avoid the "spraying" issues that might happen with males.

Shrimp Boat and Mimi were perfect ladies. I miss Shrimp Boat still . Mimi still keeps me happy after over 13 years together.

Butter just came. And he was ALL BOY and still is, but I couldn't love him more (well, maybe I could), but he has never sprayed anything, never messed in my house, and I think he is pretty well behaved for the most part. (Can't believe I just said that!!! I must love him lots!!)

Logan

Originally posted by Glacier

You need to move up here. The dominant cat gene up here is black and white. The shelter is over run with black and white babies. They tend to take a very long time to get adopted as they are so common. Everyone wants something more unusual. Our shelter would love you!

OHHHHH...you are in very big trouble. Just wait until Grasshopper, Tuxluvr, VermontCat, just to name a few, see this message...Black and whites are NOT common...you must be confusing your words...and you must mean commonly loved the mostest!