Thread: The Betta's!

The Betta's!

So, a couple months ago, I had taken a large 20 gal. tank and divided it for my betta's. In doing so, I brought home a new male. What I didn't realize is, he had a fungal problem going on, that quickly spread to all the other betta's, and over the course of a few weeks, I lost them all, despite treatment. Thankfully, my prized rescue betta Taco (the tri-color in my siggy), was being housed seperately and was not affected. All the other betta's in my sig, unfortunately were affected and passed away.

So, I have a new group of betta's now... 4 new ones to be exact. 2 were planned... 2, were not, LOL.

This is Judea and Jordan, dragonscale veiltail betta's. These two I had found while I was out specifically looking to buy a betta. They share a 10 gallon divided in half.

Judea...

Jordan...

Their divided 10 gallon tank...

Judea's side of the tank...

Jordan's side of the tank...

*MORE*

Then there is Jericho and Joppa, who weren't really planned purchases. I had the name Jericho picked out for another betta I had seen at the pet store... but he was sold when I went back. So I went to pick up some groceries at Super Walmart, and had the bad habit of browsing the fish section. Behind 3 cups with dead betta's, I found Jericho and Joppa in the back. I notified a manager of my disgust, again, with how their betta's are housed with dirty water and medical problems.

Joppa and Jericho are both currently sick. Jericho is beautiful, but has a swollen gill and a tumor looking lump near his back tail. I've been told it may be a deform swim bladder. Thankfully it does not affect his swimming. Joppa, has a serious case of clamped fins, and very pale colorationm but otherwise seems to be okay.

They're both currently housed in seperate 2.5 gallon hospital tanks. Once theya re better and fully healed, they'll get their own divided 10 gallon tank.

Jericho...

Jericho's current tank (the driftwood was removed this morning and replaced with a couple tall plants)...

And Joppa...

Joppa's current tank...

*DONE!*

Aww, poor fishies. I hope they live. They are really pretty.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

I love Jordan! I hope all of your sick Bettas get better. It's a shame the way they keep fish in some places.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I hate the way Walmart treats fish. There's always at least 1-2 dead ones everytime I look at their fish section.

Glad you brought these two little guys home and hope they get better quickly. They're both very pretty. I love their colors!
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography