Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nina adopted, She at the vets *PRAYS NEEDED*, Going to New Home Tonight 11/8/10

Well the x-rays came back and everything looks good.

At first they told me she didn't have a fever but that was incorrect. She actually does have a fever and so they are going to give her a shot of antibotics and they are going to watch her for the rest of the day to see if it goes back down.

They said if it goes higher or anything they will call me.

Melissa

Well I sure hope everything turns out ok for Nina.. Now is she going to her new furrever home after she gets well?? I sure hope that she got a new furrever home.. Get Well Soon Nina.. Keep us posted ok..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

I hope nothing serious is wrong with Nina. Hopefully the antibiotics will clear it up and she can go to her forever home.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Her new mom is supposed to come over tonight to pick her up at 7 p.m.

I just hope everything goes well today, I haven't heard anything else from them so hopefully that means things are going well.

I called the vets around 3:30 p.m. to check up on Nina and they said she still had a fever of 103 and they were hoping that with the antibotic shot they gave them yesterday morning it would have went down. So they gave her another antibotic shot yesterday and said that they would like to keep her overnight.

I agreed that would be fine to do. So I stopped over there last night and spent some time with her and fed her and petted her.

She wasn't limping anymore but she was pretty warm.

This morning I stopped by to see her and give her some more can food and she was being so sweet, I could tell she wants to leave.

I'm not sure if my friend is going to adopt her anymore or not. Last night she said something that makes me think she will back out but time will tell.

Anyway, if you would just say a few prays that her fever breaks and she is able to come home with me I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!
    Melissa

I just spoke with the vets and she still has a fever of 103.5

The vet isn't sure what is going on but she said she's starting to wonder if it's FIP.

Oh god I hope not....I can't lose another one to that.

Please say a pray....I'm starting to get really worried... I feel like crying but I can't at work....

Melissa

Oh no, not the horrid FIP! How I HATE that disease!!!

Come on, Nina, respond to the antibiotics or let the white coats what something easy to fix is the underlying cause of this temp. Sweet girl, you have so many folks routing for you!!

Prayers for sweet Nina.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Has she been checked for Bartonella? If not have them test her for that. If I am not mistalen it takes a special antibiotic to treat that and that could be why the one she is on isn't helping..

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Quote Originally Posted by Laura's Babies View Post
    Has she been checked for Bartonella? If not have them test her for that. If I am not mistalen it takes a special antibiotic to treat that and that could be why the one she is on isn't helping..
    I don't think she has been. They did a CBC of her blood yesterday and things looked good there.

She doesn't have a bludge in her belly or anything like that so I wasn't sure if it could be FIP or not....they did mention FELV but she was combo tested on Oct. 19th and I was told she was negative, I may have them re-test her just to make 100% sure she isn't but I'm sure if she was..wouldn't something show up in her blood?

Melissa

I just called the vets and they said that her fever did go down some !

They said once the vet is done with a patient she will give me a call and give me the full report!

Well Nina's fever broke. !!!! YEAH!!!

Not sure what is going on just yet, they are not sure if it was the Metacam that broke the fever or if it was finally the antibotic that dropped it.

They want me to keep a close eye on her and of course I'll do that. Hopefully, she continues to do well and it's not FIP.

There are some other tests to run but things are looking good right now so we are not going to run them at this moment.

I hope she goes back to feeling better and I'm going to make sure she gets lots and lots of loving tonight.

Melissa

Poor Nina. I'm happy to know there's some improvement and her fever has broken. Many prayers are going up for both of you. Could I ask you to give her lots of lovies from me?
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Prayers of gratitude that the fever broke, and prayers that Nina will be all better very soon.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I am so happy! We need some good news here, and this was it! Go Nina!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!