Thread: Roxie

Roxie

Roxie....What a beautiful lady you are.I love pitt bulls. It is not the animal it is the person that owns them that make them mean. Most animals just want to be loved and taken care of.Roxie, you are very pretty. If you lived near me I would keep you in tennis balls. Take care of your family and brother lovely lap baby. Congratulations on DOTD.

Linda
    SC
    LHCamry

Roxie, I had no idea there were competitions for weight pulling for dogs. I know about tractor pulls but dogs I didnt know about. Is it a healthy thing for you to pull heavy weight?? I hope so. It sounds as if your owner loves you very much and vice versa. Congrats on being DOTD! Kay in NC

Happy Dog of the Day, Roxie! So happy to meet you, beautiful girl! What a magnificent APBT you are!!! I've heard of those competitions you participate in, but had never before seen pics of you kids in action! Wow, what strength! No doubt before long you will clinch that title! I'm looking at your gorgeous, defined shoulder muscles in envy! Between all of that exercise, and pesky little brother Sir keeping you on your toes, not an ounce of fat to had on that gorgeous frame! But as impressively strong and mighty as you are, just as your human says, you're really just a softie, a mushy lap doggie at heart, loving all things living, unconditionally! What a wonderful ambassador you are for your noble breed, Roxie; what a fine example your family sets for responsible doggie guardianship!

Thanks for the big smiles, Roxie! It was great fun getting to know all about you and your happy, active, love filled life (and I learned something new, too)!Hoping you and Sir, and your humans, all enjoy a very special, active, fun filled day, and many, many more wonderful years together! Hugs and kisses to you beautiful Roxie, our very special and most deserving, honoree!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Roxie

What a beautiful dog she is!- but iam wondering also since i have never seen or heard of this kind of competiton for dogs -doesnt that hurt the dog in someway? eventually there has to be a point where its to much weight for them and am sure she cant tell you that,how do you know when to stop?Im sure the humans couldnt do what she is doing!
    Iam sorry and am not trying to be nasty in anyway but this is just not knowing on my part.

She is one beautiful girl. I've never heard of that kind of competition. I really don't like things like that b/c it could really hurt the dog, no matter what age and especially as they get older. It's a strain on them. I would rather see her pulling a rope toy with somebody. I hope she doesn't hurt herself.

Hey, no problem, glad you asked. If the weight is too much, she can just sit down, or decide not to pull. The training is very carefully done so the dogs stay safe, though as with human athletes, sometimes injuries happen despite the precautions. Often it's fuzzier breeds, like Newfoundlands, so you don't see the effort, or the muscle definition like we can with Roxie!
    I've Been Frosted

Rah-Rah for Roxy!

As long as you are having fun, and the weight isn't an unhealthy strain on you, have fun! (Are vets in attendance at these weight-pulling events? I hope so)...
    I wish you the best on your DOTD status!

Hello Roxie,

What an awesome pup you are. Beautiful, smart and athletic. I have
    heard of the weight pulling competiion meets, but never met a dog who did
    the contest before. I understand it is open to all breeds. It is great that you
    are healthy enough to do so well. Congratulations on being honored as our
    special DOG OF THE DAY. Sending hugs & kisses just for you Roxie.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Hi there, Roxie! What a gorgeous face to wake up to on my birthday this morning when I saw you earlier! You look like a doll and I bet you are bully ambassador for your breed. I love the bullies as if you couldn't tell. Tell your people to spoil you extra rotten for me today! Hugs and kisses for you sweetie on your special well our special day!
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Roxie

Roxie, you are such an athelete! I think it is great that you are doing the weight competitions and you look like you put your whole heart and soul into it. I have seen the giant horse breeds do the weight pulling contests in person, it sure would be neat to see dogs do it, too. I used to have a gorgeous Pitbull named Bella, she was fawn with a tiny white strip between her eyes. She was all muscle, just like you! She had floppy ears like yours. I am glad you are representing the breed awesomely, congrats to your owner too on finding you a sport that you excell at, and reminding all dog owners that making sure their dogs are excercised is a good reminder to us all! Enjoy being DOTD!
    Warmest wishes from Kansas, Robin

Roxie

I've heard of this weight pulling and I have to agree with Angelchampy. She is a beautiful girl and I know your proud of her. As you well know this breed is head strong and don't give up easily and can hurt themselves after the fact. Good luck to you and your kids...cheers