Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any Gleeks?

Quote Originally Posted by Suki Wingy View Post
    I guess her name is Sugar and she is self diagnosed. While self diagnosis is not a problem, (some people don't have the resources to get a proper diagnosis) I guess she's using it as an excuse to be really awful to a lot of people.
    Yes, the character claimed to have "Self-diagnosed Aspergers" and used that as an excuse not to self-censor. She thinks that will let her get away with being just plain rude. However, now that she's "in" the group (although she cannot sing well, she can dance okay), she has toned down that behavior.

No one ever portrayed her as really having Aspergers.
    I've Been Frosted

OOOOOOOH yeah ok I know what you are talking about now. I forgot about her.

But yeah... what Karen said.

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

So what do you think of the season so far?

And Army folks, would someone really be given a discharge for accidentally firing his rifle while cleaning it, and therefore shooting himself or someone else in the leg? Not that expect reality from Glee, but just curious!
    I've Been Frosted

I think this season is depressing, LOL.

There's no way Finn could've gotten out of the army that easy, so I don't find much truth to Glee's story there, but of course he would be the one to fire his rifle and screw up. It's his character lol.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Sp did anyone catch this week's episode? What did you think?

To me it seemed kind of choppy, and is anyone else bothered by the fact that we never see Sue's baby? Even as a bundle of blankets or anything? And why no mention of treating Marley's mother's eating issues as well as Marley's own?

I dislike that they chopped up so many of the songs - what is wrong with the original beginning to "Have Yourself a Merry little Christmas," why just focus on a few lyrics and repeat them? And did anyone believe, for example, that Rachel, in Artie's dream sequence, would be such a wallflower if Glee never happened? She's been practicing for Broadway since she was a toddler, after all ....
    I've Been Frosted

Bump
    I've Been Frosted

Surprising Glee Episode + good kitty moment

There has been a decent amount of controversy around this week's Glee episode. I actually thought it was a decent and fairly well-done way of dealing with a school shooting incident, and while some people are upset and calling foul at the fact that the actual culprit was Becky, the Down's Syndrome character, I don't think it was badly done at all. I think Becky is probably the most honestly portrayed Down's Syndrome kid on TV currently, and nothing she did was malicious or because of her disability. She is a regular character on the show, and I dare say if any of the other regulars were the culprit, their ethnic or cultural minority group would have cried foul just as well.

But I was happily surprised at the moment, near the end of the episode, when it is revealed that one of the characters has adopted a cat from the shelter, and purposefully got the overweight one that had been there "a long time," which was not only fitting, but suited both characters well. That was an "awww" moment for me, even though the kitty in question was NOT happy about being concealed in a gym bag one bit!
    I've Been Frosted

I finally got the chance to curl up with the dogs and catch up on Glee. For the longest time I have been thoroughly unimpressed with recent episodes, but I thought this week's episode was really well done. It kind of renewed my faith in the show.

Sad news today about Glee cast member Cory Monteith. Found dead in his hotel room, only 31 years old. His struggles with addiction were well know, and for now it appears they may have done him in. Rest in peace, sir. Your character touched millions of lives.

I wonder if Glee will address substance abuse and addition at all in the next season ... hard to do tastefully, but it seems more important now.
    I've Been Frosted

This has really made me sad today. I haven't watched Glee in a year or more, but seeing someone with such a bright future leave this world so young... just makes me sad.
    I have said a prayer for Cory's family as well as Glee cast-mate Lea Michelle, since they had been dating.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

I saw this early this morning and was quite surprised and saddened by it. I've never kept up with his personal life, so I wasn't aware of his substance abuse. Its hard to see anyone, but young people in particular, struggle with their demons. Even sadder to hear of someone so young losing their life. Hopefully he has found some peace now.

My sister and I were chatting about this earlier and both agreed that we didn't like the character he portrayed while in highschool, but we really took a liking to him in this past season. He'll definitely be missed.
    The Minions:
    {The Dog: Towser & Raiden} {The Cats: Khaith, Martha, Adelaide, Snowball, & Floki} {The Bird: Gir}

Pretty much one of my favorite actors and characters on the show, so this is devastating news.

Really thinking about the cast, especially Lea in this awful time. As much as his fans are grieving, I can't imagine how his friends and loved ones are feeling.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

One sad Gleek here.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Addiction is so difficult for some to combat, and it is tragic. They have released the news that it was a combination of alcohol and heroin that killed him, and that it was likely an accidental death.

There will be some who will say, "He was young, successful, and handsome, why do drugs .." but by his own admission, he had been battling addiction since he was a teenager. You know his early life was not all rosy, and he started taking drugs at age 13. I do hope someone out there earns something from all this.

My church houses many recovery groups, AA, NA and many others, and while that is not the answer for everyone, the members tell us all the time how it has saved their lives.
    I've Been Frosted

Autopsy results - overdose of heroin and alcohol.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...rug-death.html

"It should be noted that at this point there is no evidence to suggest Mr. Monteith’s death was anything other than a most-tragic accident."
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda