Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any Gleeks?

I am a Gleek and proud of it.
    I love the guy who plays Finn. He's about 3 years older than me in real life.

Well you know only the real Brittany Spears can play herself well. Lea Michelle who plays Rachel is a good actress and singer. I think she pulled it off pretty well. I think she can pull off anything. She has amazing talent!!
    The girl who played Sunshine last week was really good, too bad they only gave her a few parts. Maybe she will be on in the future. Did anyone recognize John Stamos who plays Carl? He is a hottie way too old for me but he played "Jesse" in Full House.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

What did you all think of last night's episode? I do think it was the best of the season so far, and I had tears in my eyes several times. It could have been pretty cheesy, but I thought they handled the whole topic extremely well.

I won't say anything else about specifics in case others have recorded it but haven't watched it yet, but I thought even the song choices were extremely appropriate, and even the scene with Mercedes' church was great, and that's usually not done very well.
    I've Been Frosted

I liked it and have a wad of tissues to prove it. I'm more prone to the campier episodes. I LOVED the Brit episode last week (as much as I'm not a Brit fan) It was pretty great.
    However, I Want To Hold Your Hand, I LOVED. I'm a Beatles freak and love how it was treated in Across The Universe too. Not so pop as much as heartfelt. LOVE GLEE!!

I loved last night's episode! I thought "I want to hold your hand" was gorgeous.. loved it.

"Thank you grilled cheesus" had me crying from laughing so hard, and of course "I Want To Hold Your Hand" was stunning and heart-breaking. I'm a total Gleek!

Yes, I was worried what song they would choose, but "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" fit perfectly, and heartachingly sung. That was one where I got tears in my eyes, and I am usually pretty stoic watching TV.

I thought the episode really handled religion very well, and was pretty darned respectful of each character's beliefs without being preachy.

And I simply adored the "You had me a fabulous hat" line, and the outfits of people in Mercedes' church, just so very well done without making fun.

Oh, and I thought the child they chose to play younger Kurt was a GREAT choice, really looked a lot like him!
    I've Been Frosted

What are people's opinions about the new photo spread in GQ? I haven't read the story, so I am curious about why they went with that style of photo, but I've seen the pictures and they are pretty racy, especially Lea Michelle!

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomilynn View Post
    What are people's opinions about the new photo spread in GQ? I haven't read the story, so I am curious about why they went with that style of photo, but I've seen the pictures and they are pretty racy, especially Lea Michelle!

I was disappointed when I saw the photos (what they could show on TV, anyway).

I believe they took the photos last summer. Probably trying to draw in more male viewers. But, do we really need to see another crotch shot? Do we really need another photo of a guy grabbing his co-star's butt?

Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Did anyone see last night's show yet?

I did, and as the opening part was sung, it took me a second to figure out whose mouth it was, but I knew pretty quickly. Turns out there was some guessing online - some folks thinking it was Quinn, some thinking Tina ... but I was right on who it actually was ...

*** Did you figure it out? I am VERY visually oriented, so maybe I have an advantage.

anyway, the show revealed it today, it was

Santana - did you guess that?

i thought they did a decent job at Rocky Horror - I couldn't imagine how they were going to tame it to be acceptable at an Ohio high school, but it was pretty well put together. And I loved that they performed the show just for their own selves at the end, not an audience.

I also think Kurt's character should never sing in that low a range - it is not his best voice for sure!

Oh, and as for the GQ "controversy," I think it is a bit of a stretch - all the actors are adults, after all, they just play high school students. In poor taste? Maybe, but worthy of controversy? I don't think so ...
    I've Been Frosted

I enjoyed the show last night, but I didn't really like how it ended. I didn't like how the song ended, and then it was just.... done. I'm not a huge fan of Rocky Horror either, so I wasn't super excited about it.

I knew it was Santanna as well, Karen!

So did anyone see last night's show of Glee? I watched it - we DVR everything - and thought the girl's performance of "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face" was so very very well done. Just moving, and not at all corny and false like some numbers can be ...

And I never even was a fan of the original song, I knew it well, but didn't really care for it ... or honestly, give it much thought.

What did you think?

And every once in a while "Moves Like Jagger" has popped into my head today, too.
    I've Been Frosted

I loved the performance of First Time I Ever Saw Your Face, and Moves Like Jagger. I was also really impressed with Rachel's version of Without You. I think I might actually like it more than the original.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

I used to watch it every now and then during the first season but I sort of drifted away from it. I did hear that there was an Aspie character who was just an awful misrepresentation. Of course I haven't watched it myself but that is what I've been hearing.

Niño & Eliza

Quote Originally Posted by Suki Wingy View Post
    I used to watch it every now and then during the first season but I sort of drifted away from it. I did hear that there was an Aspie character who was just an awful misrepresentation. Of course I haven't watched it myself but that is what I've been hearing.
    A character with Aspergers? I can't think of who that would be. There is a girl on the show that has Down's Syndrome.

I liked last nights show. Moves Like Jagger is one of my favorite songs right now lol and I normally listen to Country. so when it came on the show last night I cheered out loud LOL. it was a sweet episode and I liked the ending

I love the episodes where you see a little crack in Sue's hard exterior

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

I guess her name is Sugar and she is self diagnosed. While self diagnosis is not a problem, (some people don't have the resources to get a proper diagnosis) I guess she's using it as an excuse to be really awful to a lot of people.

Niño & Eliza