Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Neighboring Dogs

My dog, One Down is the only, tame meaning dog owned in my neighborhood. Other than that we have street dogs which includes, a Golden Retriever, a grey colored dog. And my cousins have named them all before, that's because all our street dogs used to pay a daily visit to their house and those dogs used to sleep right outside our garage gate. They are great dogs because they never bite a person, like a neighborhood person, a visitor to our neighborhood is observed very closely Once the golden retriever had puppies, and now we have more street dogs. one Down enjoys chatting with the street dogs, once we actually heard a long conversation!

Our new neighborhood is fairly secluded place to walk, I thing I've seen most the locals now: I think Hobbs is a Havenese mix - looks like one but he's much too big. Behind us is the newest puppy - I'd never heard of the breed before, but she's a Plott hound + beagle mix. Also see a Golden retriever, an adorable Rat Terrier, a Peke thats with a beagle mix, an ancient GSD, a mastiff mix & rotti mix that live together, occasionally a Bulldog, an old boxer, a boxer/pittie mix, and a Pomeranian ball of fluff. We don't see many other Siberian huskies in RI, although several times I've driven past a man walking a black&white sibe puppy not far from here.

We share the neighborhood with...

A spoiled little Shih Tzu.
    Two Cocker Spaniels.
    A sweet, little King Charles Spaniel.
    A Black/White Springer Spaniel.
    One Chocolate Lab.
    One Black Lab and a Red/White Border Collie.
    A well-behaved -- yet yappy -- little Rat Terrier.
    And a Lab mix that looks so much like Ethan that they could almost be twins!

I think that is everyone.
    The Minions:
    {The Dog: Towser & Raiden} {The Cats: Khaith, Martha, Adelaide, Snowball, & Floki} {The Bird: Gir}

Let's see.

There's Lou a pit bull mix next door
    Doc the schnauzer
    Scout the lab
    A mastiff mix I forget his name.

(They all live together)

Some yappy dogs across the street, A rough collie, some doxens down the street and some foo foo dogs lol.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

well there are my 3 dogs and the apartment below me they have 3 teen tiny dogs who all in total weigh 22lbs.

there is rocky who is hope's bf and above rocky there is lady a beagle and her brother bruno who is a beauitful boxer and then there is tiki who is a chow

and her brother who is a shar pei

i have seen an older golden around last summer and ther are tons of pits around here and 90% of them i have petted and wanted to steal.. seen some jrt and a lab and some weinrymers (sp?)

I live in apartments (very dog friendly which I love!), and most of the dogs are labs. I believe there are... 6-7 lab/lab mixes? There are 3 pit bulls, a BASENJI (That's just cool!), a golden retriever, a few smaller dogs like westies, yorkies, shih tzus, doxies, and chihuahuas. Theres an adorable new vizsla puppy that I love to see as well... and my close neighbor has a new JRT mix puppy. A german shepherd and... that's all I can think of for now. lol

No other poodles or cockers though!

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

We have two little Boston Terriers....Bucky and Shiner who live next door to us, and Gracie the yellow Lab and Savannah, the Shiba Inu puppy live behind us. In the next block, our friends have a black and white springer named Carson who looks a lot like our Boomer
    Shannon, Boomer, and Sooner

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    I already blathered on and on about my mom and dad's block...
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/showpost...90&postcount=1

In my building there's a fawn-colored Pug (Sophie), a fawn Puggle (Rocky), a long-haired black dachshund (Bailey), a Yorkie (Enzo), a tri-color Papillon (Cammie) who I just love to pet; and a red short-haired dachshund that's mean and growls at everyone. 3 other cats on my floor, two more upstairs and one on the first floor.
    I have new neighbors on the first floor, a young married couple, whose dog looks a lot like Twisterdog's! I'm waiting for a time to strike up a conversation and learn more about them and their dog.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I live in a historic neighborhood, in the downtown area. Many of the homes have been converted into apartments. But I have a single family house next door and they have a gorgeous brittney spaniel named Maggie. My Sasha kittyloves to sit int he window in the spring and summer and torment her!

I see LOTS of people walking their dogs, but the one that stands out the most is the St. Bernard that walks by every evening in the spring and summer. There are also a couple of rotties who live in one of the houses behind mine. They bark at me every time I take my trash out and I can hear them in the summer when the windows are open.

In addition to the doggies, we have some feral kitties who come by to visit... and of course the raccoons and squirrels!
    Proud Meowmie of Sasha

RIP sweet Tabitha, my heart kitty. You are loved and missed every day. 1988 - 2010

We've got several yellow retrievers and labs, some Jack Russells, an American Bull Terrier, a bulldog plus a variety of some-of-this-some-of-that. Love them all!

Well, on my coul de sac, here are some of the dog breeds I am aware of:

My family: 2 dogs: a golden retriever and a bichon frise shizu
    other families (based on what I have seen): a small collie (lives across the street), a male border collie, a brown lab mix, a female black lab, a red golden retriever (my golden is a blonde version), a pointer named, Sadie (she usually roams around the neighborhood when her owners are home), as well as another bichon frise shizu named Bella. Down the hill from my house, I haven't seen all of the dogs down there, but some noteworthy ones I have seen includes: another golden retriever, a minature schnauzer, a pomeranian, as well as a red husky (though I haven't seen him in the last year, so I am not sure if the people down the hill have him or not).

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I live in the country where most people have very large fenced in yards - 2 acres and up - so you don't get to see folks walking their dogs around here. The neighbor on one side of us has a little fluff ball that looks EXACTLY like Sparky!!! One time he got loose and came over here and I freaked - thinking that Sparky had sneaked out without me knowing. Neighbor on the other side has a couple of dogs that I've rarely seen close up. One is white and resembles a Lab of some sort, and the other is a tan dog about the same size. Occasionally the white one finds an escape route in the fence and comes calling here (and leaves his calling card! ), but always goes back home. There used to be a very old (and mean) Chi there too, but I don't think it's around anymore. The elderly lady behind here has a Sheltie, and her next door neighbor has a couple of Husky/mix looking dogs. Then of course there was that wild and crazy psycho Pitt Bull that was constantly terrorizing us. Thank goodness I haven't seen that maniac in a good long time. I think he finally got picked up by Animal Control, or hit and killed while running down the middle of the road. I don't think his irresponsible owner finally did anything to control him.
    Other than that, I know there's A LOT of dogs around here since I can hear the barking in the nicer weather, even tho I don't actually see them.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Well, in my neighbourhood, now are a few dogs only, they are stray and live around in the streets. And then there's my One Down, He loves running around the balcony looking at cars, new things and stuff, and there are a few other animals but my neighbours don't have dogs or pets either You all have quite a lot of neighboring pets

We have a lot of dogs in the neighborhood. I'm thrilled to say that my neighbors with the standard poodle right below us FINALLY moved away! They used to leave the house early and let that dog howl ALL day. We went back and forth about it but they never did anything to stop it! I was SO glad to see them go! I'm sure Animal Control was happy to stop getting my calls all the time too, LoL.

As for NICE people with dogs, we have a schipperke, several cavaliers, a pug, a dachshund, a puli (!!), a HANDSOME bull terrier, My SIL's Cattle dog/English Shepherd mix, and a big chow mix.

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    I already blathered on and on about my mom and dad's block...
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/showpost...90&postcount=1

In my building there's a fawn-colored Pug (Sophie), a fawn Puggle (Rocky), a long-haired black dachshund (Bailey), a Yorkie (Enzo), a tri-color Papillon (Cammie) who I just love to pet; and a red short-haired dachshund that's mean and growls at everyone. 3 other cats on my floor, two more upstairs and one on the first floor.
    Rocky and his people moved. Bailey has gone to the Rainbow Bridge. I don't know what happened to Enzo and his person. I just found out that Cammie and her dad are moving to Florida permanently. That breaks my heart because she's so sweet, affectionate and adorable. I heard another of our neighbors tell him yesterday that it's fine if he moves to Florida but he needs to leave Cammie here with us. He just laughed and said she'd love the attention!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678