Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Neighboring Dogs

Aww, where we live now there is a young Rhodesian Ridgeback, Reilly, growing up - and up is accurate she just keeps getting taller, and a Shiba Inu who gets walked by several different family members, but is not interested in strangers.
    I've Been Frosted

The city (Dunedin) I live in is nicknamed "dog-Eden." So, as you can imagine we have several dog neighbors, most of them I know personally because they are clients at my work!

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Quote Originally Posted by Kfamr View Post
    The city (Dunedin) I live in is nicknamed "dog-Eden." So, as you can imagine we have several dog neighbors, most of them I know personally because they are clients at my work!
    How fun! Sounds like the perfect place for you and your crew, too!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    How fun! Sounds like the perfect place for you and your crew, too!
    It's pretty neat! We have several murals downtown dedicated to creatures, mostly dogs. You can see them here:http://www.muralsformutts.com/gallery.html

None of my pups are on there, but several I know are!

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

We have 2 Sibes next door that try and jump over & go through the fence. So our guys cannot use the back part of their yard.

1 swf that yaps 22 hours a day that lives behind us.

And the SBT & scruffy mutt who used to roam the neighbourhood have "disappeared". And not coming back according to one of the rangers.
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    Our neighbors have a German Shepherd mix (Freeway), two houses down they have a Boxer (Dodger), the house across from them has dogs but I've never seen them (I've lived here for 7 years) I believe they are huskies. They may only have one now, but I do hear a dog barking from there more often now than before.
    At the end of our court is a German Shepherd (Maddie). Our neighbors behind us have a white Standard Poodle (Bon) and one of their children has a cream Golden that visits. And there are several dogs we see being walked. One is a chocolate Lab and she lets her potty on everyone's lawn.
    So I guess there are only bigger dogs in my area. Or the people with small dogs do not walk them.
    Our house backs up to a community park so people take dogs there often. Even though they aren't supposed to be off leash while in the park. There have been PLENTY of times that my dogs are going crazy in the corner (that backs up to the park) because of a dog.
    Well, I'll update my response from 4 years ago.
    In the house where Freeway lived, we now have two Chihuahua's, Tai and Chi.
    Bon still lives behind us, at least I think it is still Bon. Who knows, it could be another white standard poodle.
    Dodger has passed away and they now have a little white dog (not sure of the mix, possible bichon) named Ruby.
    The house directly across the court has a Chihuahua named Dolly. When they moved in, someone put a huge sign across the garage that said Welcome Home Dolly!
    The other neighbors still have a dog that I've never seen................EVER. And now I've lived here for 11 years!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I live out in the country. One neighbor, an old farmer, has two dogs, one chow mix and one shepherd mix that roam as they please. Another neighbor has two short and tremendously fat possible bulldog mixes. I only see them outside on a leash occasionally, and they are usually just laying in the grass.
    Owned by my baby and heart-dog Lolli.

If each pet we love takes a part of our heart and replaces it with a part of theirs, my heart is a very strange collection of pieces, but I wouldn't have it any other way

Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go, and then do it. --Ann Landers