Thread: bed bugs

bed bugs

The last 2 months or so I've been living in a motel. One of those cheap ones on the bad side of the tracks that people go to "hourly". haha Ya know what I mean.

Anyway, I've just been informed by my cleaning ladies that I have bed bugs. My boyfriend has been having the worst problem. Waking up scratching with welps on his legs and arms. They arent bothering me too bad. The cleaning ladies started spraying my bed today, but they are gonna be in my clothes and whatnot. Because I'm limited on what I can do right now is there anyway to try n get rid of these lil suckers on my own? Id prefer to not have our bed sprayed with chemicals.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Bug experts say bed bugs are around at an alarming rate. There was a program on tv where they said your best bet is to get a new bed. If that's not an option, wrap your mattress up in a mattress protector (you can buy them at any bedding store). That will at least contain them till they suffocate inside the protector. Wash ALL bed linens in hot water. Dry on hot. That's all I can remember.

Good luck, Lute. I hope you find a solution to the problem. Bed bugs are awful!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

From what I've read, launder ALL your clothing in HOT water with plenty of detergent and throw away your luggage unless it's a duffle bag that you can also wash.

Them just spraying the bed isn't going to do much, they have to fumigate the entire room. Bed bugs can live in any crack/crevice not just on a bed. Bed bugs also don't live there because the hotel isn't clean, but because their guests are bringing them in.

I'd think the hotel should pay for the cost of you to launder your clothes, and replace any luggage. Also be sure to add the hotel on http://bedbugregistry.com/ so that others might know the place has them.

More info...

http://www.bedbugsguide.com/bed-bug-...-travelers.htm

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

They had this on TV the other day. You can also carry them in your cloths, shoes and purses, that is how they are spreading to movie theaters, restaurants and other public places. I think I heard them say 30 minutes in a hot dryer will kill them in you clothes. You need to also get something to put your pillow in like the matress protector. They do get in everything, drawyers, pictures on the walls, headboard, sofas..

These things are spreading like wild fire and I fear it's going to get a lot worse!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

The thing is with these stupid bugs, is like any other bug we have problems with now that we didn't until recently.....All the products that work well at killing the little buggers has been banned. Yeah, ok, so we've used it for dozens of years or more and it worked, so let's ban it and make a "safer" product. Yup, safer alright, it doesn't even kill the bugs!

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

This has been on the news and I heard that bedbugs are becoming epidemic in America after half a century. Hope you can get rid of them Lute - how frustrating this must be! Makes me itchy just to think of it. I would let the cleaning people spray to their hearts content! Don't think you can get rid of them on your own.

Hmmmm....I never met them on my trips to the USA, but I did in Asia, almost everyplace I slept. Never seen them in Aussie either.
    Like was said before....anything that ever really worked has been banned.

thanks for the advice. I just caught the end of the show about them n didnt get to see it. We are going to move to another room n before we move our stuff to the new rooom were gonna wash n dry it. Thats the best we can do right now.

Does anyone know if that show will air again? Id love to see it.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.