Thread: The "Sunscreen" Song...

The "Sunscreen" Song...

I was stuck in traffic this morning when this came up on the radio. I found it very inspiring!!

Here are the lyrics:

http://www.bondon.com/sunscreen_song.html

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I have always loved that "speech" since the first email forwarded to me, and while it isn't by Kurt Vonnegut, as it originally claimed, it is still great.
    I've Been Frosted

Oh yeah, I have heard this!!!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

These lyric contain some great words of wisdom,

But trust me on the sunscreen.
    This is the one I wish I knew 60 years ago. I have had to undergo several
    surgeries to remove skin cancer just in the last year. I am still recovering from my last mohs surgery and it looks like I will have a significant scar.

My Dad, who was an avid golfer, had skin cancer that he had to have burned off. He loved the sun, never wore a hat or sunscreen.

There was one part I heard on the radio that wasn't in the written lyrics. "Solving life's problems is like trying to solve an algebra problem by chewing bubble gum."

In any case, I love it!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kokopup View Post
    These lyric contain some great words of wisdom,

This is the one I wish I knew 60 years ago. I have had to undergo several
    surgeries to remove skin cancer just in the last year. I am still recovering from my last mohs surgery and it looks like I will have a significant scar.
    Hubby went through the mohs surgery yesterday in Rochester. If we would of only known way back then about skin cancer. It is bad stuff but at least they can do something about it now. They only had to cut hubby once, after removing & looking at the tissue, & then sewed him up (13 stitches) They got it all is what they said. He has to go back in six months for a full body check. Another guy that was waiting had to go back in they didn't get it all. They have you sit in the waiting room with a guaze over the incision while they check the tissue & if cancer cells are in the tissue they remove more until they get it all. I can see where you would have a good size scare plus it takes up to a year for it to completley heal.

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom View Post
    I was stuck in traffic this morning when this came up on the radio. I found it very inspiring!!

Here are the lyrics:

http://www.bondon.com/sunscreen_song.html
    And how much sense that all makes....eh ???

Quote Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
    Hubby went through the mohs surgery yesterday in Rochester. If we would of only known way back then about skin cancer. It is bad stuff but at least they can do something about it now.
    I go for a checkup every year at the SC Clinic....just came back from the last one about two weeks ago. Had about 10 on the back of my hands that they froze off, and one on the left ear that had to be cut out.....about 9 stitches.

Yes, Wom, I have heard that skin cancer is an even bigger problem in Australia. Paul is Irish, as is his mom, both have had skin cancer surgery already, and will have to have an annual check for the foreseeable future. I have no doubt that at some point I will as well, the number of time I burned the skin on my nose - and the fact that I am the poster child for warning signs for people who should be concerned; "Fair skin, blonde as a child, burns easily, freckles ..." though compare to Paul and his brother, I don't count as freckled at all.

Skin cancer is nothing to take lightly, Paul's aunt died from it not long after we were married.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Yes, Wom, I have heard that skin cancer is an even bigger problem in Australia.
    It's very serious here, the Aussie sun is hard on us fair people.
    My dad died of melanoma 10 years ago.
    I've had two now on my ears that had to be cut out, because I wear caps a lot, the ears are exposed. I really need to get a floppy hat....one with many colours

Love this.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfq_A8nXMsQ
    I'm whiter than white and often scare myself when I see my legs out of the corner of my eye. LOL. I've always known that SPF is my friend. I'm either snowy white or burnt red. Burnt red hurts and just is icky. My favorite advice is: Dance!
    C
    Last edited by kitten645; 09-19-2010 at 02:10 AM. Reason: spelling

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kitten645 View Post
    Love this.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfq_A8nXMsQ
    I'm whiter than white and often scare myself when I see my legs out of the corner of my eye. LOL. I've always known that SPF is my friend. I'm either snowy white or burnt red. Burnt red hurts and just is icky. My favorite advice is: Dance!
    C
    WOW! That was a great video. Thanks for sharing that. It covers (especially suncreen)everything. It basically answers any questions you have about life & leaves you a feeling life is good enjoy it while you can.