Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: My Brain Tumor - Bill is $62,000.

My Brain Tumor - Bill is $62,000.

Yes, just like Laura, I had a meningioma. Mine was removed Wednesday morning, and I came home yesterday – just 48 hours post-op.

It was bigger than I thought – the length of two golf balls, as deep as one golf ball. The only residual effect I have is temporary loss of fine motor function of my left hand. My Neurosurgeon said it should be back to normal within a couple of months. I’ll start O.T. next week. It is already better after one good night of sleep in my own bed.

Meanwhile, I use the good old hunt-and-peck method of typing, so please excuse any errors. Surprising to me how many spelling mistakes I make typing letters with my right hand that are normally done with the left.

It’s good to be back
    Last edited by Grace; 09-18-2010 at 06:06 PM.

I'm sorry I've missed this, it must have been so scary! Glad that you had surgery now, and that you're already back home and on the mend. Keep improving!! Did they remove it through your nose?

I must have missed it too but I'm glad all is well Grace. Hope everything continues upwards for you.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

OH Grace, I had no idea. I am soooo glad you are back with us and
    will storm heaven with prayers for your complete recovery. (((Hugs)))
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Wishing you a full, quick, and complete recovery, Grace!!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Gretchen - I had no idea!!! Many prayers and well wishes going out to you, for a speedy recovery. Take care of yourself, my friend!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Grace,

I'm sorry I missed this thread. I'm glad that you're making a full recovery. My thoughts and prayers are with you!!

Love and hugs,

Donna and fur kids

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Don’t feel sorry for missing anything – this is the first I’ve posted about it.

Kirsten – no, not through my nose. I have an incision, about 5” long starting at my hairline above the right eye, and it ends about an inch behind and above my right ear.

It felt really good to get in the shower and get that dried blood out of my hair this morning.

Aziel, liz, Phred, Ellie and Donna – thanks for the good thoughts and prayers.

I had it in my head, that everything would work out well. I was determined to be home no later than today. I was fearful, but not frightened. What bothered me the most was waiting the 5 weeks from diagnosis to surgery date.

I will say I think my doctor is totally surprised by my recovery. Apparently, the first thing I said to him when I woke up was, “ I’m going home on Saturday.” And then said it 3 more times, He asked Douglas what was going on that day, and Doug told him that I was just planning to be home then, nothing more.

Inside this 70 year old body is a 35 year old mind, and when I make a decision, I am determined to carry it out ☺

So glad everything has gone well. Thoughts and prayers for your continued recovery.

Grace, I had no idea either, but I'm glad it went well and you're back home.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Grace, I am so glad you are okay. That must have been scary.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

How lucky you ahve been that they could get such a big thing out through your nose. That explains why you are already home. In my case they ahd to open the skull although it was only walnut size.
    Take it easy- it is a major surgery and you may feel the shock of it more in the time to come.

Barbara, it was not through her nose.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara View Post
    How lucky you ahve been that they could get such a big thing out through your nose. That explains why you are already home. In my case they ahd to open the skull although it was only walnut size.
    Take it easy- it is a major surgery and you may feel the shock of it more in the time to come.
    No. it was NOT through my nose, as I explained earlier -

Kirsten – no, not through my nose. I have an incision, about 5” long starting at my hairline above the right eye, and it ends about an inch behind and above my right ear.

For those of you thinking you missed something, don't worry, Grace purposefully didn't post about this ahead of time, waited until she came home!
    I've Been Frosted