Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What is the absoulute best breed of dog???

GREAT DANES , NO QUESTIONS ASKED!!!!!!

------------------
    CRS

I've been around MANY dogs in my life . My Father had a Dog Kennel in our backyard when I was a kid ,he had Poodles, Boston Terriers Schnauzers, Pekinese, Coondogs, Irish Setters,Ithink thats all he had . My Sister raised Rott's & Boxers My brother had German Shepards & my husband & I have had Dobies,Pit Bulls, Mixes,Boston Terriers & Boxers, and of them all Boxers are the smartest & most behaved & definatly the easiest to train cuz they are so smart. But Boston Terriers are my mostest favorite they are smart somewhat behaved little and so loving .

Hello Melbajoyce
    I'm so glad to see an Oklahoman on here I have a Pom that lives next door to me . If they accidently let her out she runs for ever usually she has my Boston Terrier Baby get out there to chase her and my Baby will make her hold still till they get there to catch her. I don't know why she holds still for her but it works so they come over & ask can Baby come catch Julie for us its funny to watch . Are ther any more Okies out there ?

I can't say that just one breed is the absoulte best. I feel the Pomaranian and the sheltie are the greatest!

I totally agree with LabLover!!!!

Have to agree with 'buckwild', the mutt rules. What a magnificent looking dog is Tide. I have met a couple of Pharoah crosses, and they always seem to enhance the qualities of the other breed of the cross. Do you think this is because the Pharoah is so ancient? My other favorite crosses are Border Collie/Golden Retriever; German Shepherd with Samoyed works well; for the smaller breeds, well the Poodle/Maltese is a good mix if you don't mind the grooming. You get more vigor and less congenital problems with a cross.

I think that German Shepherds are the best because they are exstreamly versatile and I own one!

------------------
    Becky Weise & Iris - the German Shepherd
    http://www.geocities.com/iris_gsd

Originally posted by Reba'sDad:
    ... But we all know it's not the breed ... it's the relationship which grows between us and our loving and devoted canine friends.

Well said, Reba's Dad.

Labs and Golden Retrievers are the best and most popular breeds of dogs, and always will be!! I have a Black Lab, named Sadie. I just love Labs and Goldens!!

The Alaskan Malamute is my number one breed of choice. But I am glad they aren't popular with everyone, because they are certainly NOT for everyone! And this also prevents too many being bred, which leads to bad breeding....

I also really love Dobermans... they're gorgeous... and Great Danes.. and many others, lol

------------------
    Kodak Moment the malamute/husky, Keesha Marie the cocker/field spaniel?, Fuji Film the chow/aussie?, Secretariat and Grem Lynne the unrelated brown tabby and white DSH, Hollow and Sparky, father/daughter black DSH, Cheyenne Autumn my pride and joy TB, Matastar's Morning Star my Rocky Mountain horse colt, and the birds!

In my opinion, Labs are the best. They are great, especially with children!

------------------
    Spellbound

I'd have to go with boxers, with their natural ears, not the trimmed ones. I mean, come on, just look at my friends dog, Bagsy. You gotta love that face.

That's a good dog!!

------------------

Igor Inc. (c)2001

Huskies are BEST.

------------------
    Huskies RULE the kindom of dogs

Siberian huskies are the best and if you would like to see my beautiful huskies goto www.pandoffspups.cjb.net
    Thanks
    Shawn

I think the best breed of dog is The Rottweiler.I love them,everyone thinks that they are vicious but they`re only vicious if you raise them like that, but if you don`t and you raise them nicely they are so loveable,But... I have a cocker spanile I like cocker spaniles too but not as much as rotties if you want ot see my cocker spanile then visit my web site www.pjallie.iwarp.com or you could just go to previous dogs on dog of the day and then go to January 30,2000(He has been Dog of the Day before!!!)

[This message has been edited by Rottieluver45 (edited June 02, 2001).]