Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What is the absoulute best breed of dog???

What is the absoulute best breed of dog???

I think the absoulute best breed of dog is Shelties even though I own a Border Collie.

I would have to say the Mini Schnauzer,
    they love to play, have a great personality,
    independent, great watchdog, don't shed, and love their family.

Even though I own an aussie mix and a pug I would have to say the best breed (aside from my wonderful dogs) is the German Shepherd Dog. I think they are the most beautiful, noble, strong, intelligent, brave, loyal dogs. My next dog is going to be a GSD without a doubt!

I agree with AdoreMyDogs .

Basset hounds! No doubt, Basset Hounds. My mother said once, looking at our beautiful Daisy, "I just don't get it." I asked her what she didn't understand, and she answered, "I don't understand why EVERYONE doesn't want a Basset!" That sums up my feelings. Basset Hounds rule.

Rottweilers are definatly NOT for everyone. But they're MY absolute favorite breed of dog!!!

The reason I have two Golden Retrievers is that they are my favorite breed. I love the power and size, but mainly the wonderful personalities and love these dogs display constantly. They are magnificent looking, and just plain wonderful companions for the whole family, children, adults and cats! I think Labrador Retrievers display the same wonderful qualities as Goldens.

But, the next dog, Golden or otherwise, will be one that needs me more than I need him/her.

Rottie,
    I wanted to tell you that I watched a wonderful program about Rotties on Animal Planet this afternoon. I think they must feature a breed and spend the whole time talking about them.
    Those Rotties were magnificent. There was one named Carl, belonging to Alexandra Day, an author who has a whole series of books based on Carl, the Rottweiler. Is that where your Carl got his name?
    You must watch for a repeat of the show if you haven't already seen it.
    Logan

Logan, is that the one where the dogs were dressed up to go to the hospital or nursing home?
    If its what I am thinking of, it is Breed all About it on animal planet, very informative!!

[This message has been edited by shais_mom (edited February 20, 2001).]

love the Doberman Breed. I love their loyalty. their protectivness and their ability to learn fast. I also love the GSD because of there look, their size and their character.

I have to say my choice of best breed is the Beagle. I agree with Daisy's Mom on the Basset Hound to but the beagle has my heart :0)

GO PIT BULLS!!!!!!!!! ( also i will add german shepherds.. i just got back from my uncle's house and his neighbor has a beautiful 1 yr old male german shepherd I fell in Love with him.. but then when I got home simba went crazy!!!!)

------------------
    *.KayAnn.*&Simba*RuFf*

Shais Mom,
    It was "Breed all about it". Thanks for remembering the name for me.
    Logan

Papillons, of course. Brains and a bark (not a yip), loving, loyal, obedient, and beautiful all in one small, easy to take care of package!

There is a commercial on TV for Celebrex in which there is a dog walker in the park. There is a Border Collie who is featured and it mimics the exercises being done by a group of people in the park, but if you watch for the shot of all the dogs with the dog walker, there is a Papillon among them.
    (Just realized when I watched Westminster that I wasn't pronouncing the name of this breed correctly.)