Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Baby name drama..

Baby name drama..

lol... well not that much.. haha..

we´re definitely set on Ariel.. but Samantha (hubs choice) and Jordan (my choice).. have been discarded.. lol.. he just isn´t too set on his suggestion but he ain´t too happy with mine either.. he thinks it´s to snobby or something..

so we´re looking onto other name that goes with Ariel.. either in front or after it.. so it depends also on how it sounds when said in full..

I read a WHOLE book of names.. yeah WHOLE.. and the other names that I like are either Randi or Zafiro (sapphire in Spanish)... but I´m not that convinced

I also likes Sophia.. or Sophie.. but just a week ago I met a friend from hubby and his wife n kid.. ironically her name is Sofia.. (variation of Sophia).. so that is out too..

any suggestions??...(I do like names with a meaning )
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

sana, I believe she's talking about her human baby

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

Hey, husky mom, I was wondering, you could name her "Helen", if no one else has that name in your family. It means "pure" btw. I have a couple others too: Ayla or Anya (it's Russian ) Of course, there are only suggestions. But whatever you name her, please do come and tell us alright?

Ariel Zafiro seems to fit well together, and I think it's lovely. There are tons of Sophias and Sofias nowadays, and that's just different enough to be nice.

And there's always the Spanish standard Maria - Ariel Maria is pretty, a mixture of old and new ...
    I've Been Frosted

I like Ariel Sophia. I am pretty traditional in the names that I like. The Z name just isn't my style, but it's up to what the parents like.
    Cooincidently, we have an Ariel in my family. I have twin 6 yr old cousins, Ariel Kay and Brice Marie.
    My sister is the exact opposite of me. Her kids' names are Brielle NaShay and Ruger Adkin-William (yes, after the gun...). Hey, to each their own!

All of my kids have paws

Check out my puppy blog: http://www.blogger.com/profile/03459239028021586699

Once the baby is born and you look into his or her face you will know.
    Everyone has a mental picture of how a Ariel, Samantha, Barbara or Ashley in their head.
    I personally would stay away from names that are too different as it might cause problems for the child always having their name mispronounced, misspelled. It gets old always having to explain ones name. After the 5000 time you begin to really hate it.
    My friend named her son Seamus. And yes the girl at the Peds office called him SEA-MUS and my friend said "do you really think I would name my kid SEA-MUS? It is pronounced Shay-mus but spelled Seamus as is was in Ireland ages ago.
    Now it's a great name but you better believe that kid is gonna be picked on so he better be tough. So why put a kid through that especially a girl?
    They are worried about looks and fitting in and then an odd or unusual name and many kids just crumble. Some shine with unusual names but some don't.
    I named my son Ian and he HATED it. People called him I-in instead of the correct way of saying it which is E-in. Now as a grown man he is ok with it but as a kid not so. Even the teachers said I-in. I was so sick and tried of explaining that E-in is the scottish form of John.
    Ian Gillian Singer of Deep Purple
    Ian Fleming The Writer
    Ian is an popular in England as Michael and John are here which is great if you live there but the poor kid suffered.

I disagree - I grew up with a very common name, Karen - look how many Karens there at as part of Pet Talk. I was always jealous of my elder siblings' more unique name, Johanna - which is far more common now than when we were kids, and Iver - which I always have to explain to people, and is a good, traditional Swedish name.

I was almost never the only Karen in any given group. It was annoying. Whereas a child with a unique name automatically has at least a topic of conversation! It depends more on the child how she will react naturally. My friend Renée was a very shy kid when we were in second grade, and when the teacher called her name for the first time, she pronounced it "REE-nee" instead of "reh-NAY" as we all knew it should be. Renée was completely mortified, but too shy to correct her, so I took her, blushing and cringing, by the hand up to the teacher, and explained. Mrs. Coughlin apologized and told us she was glad to hear, as the only person she had met with that name pronounced it REEnne. And she got it right the rest of the year, thankfully!
    I've Been Frosted

Ohh Karen and Marigold, don't even talk about teachers. My teachers, nearly always spoke wrong names. Our gate keeper used to call my cousin (female) Yoonoosih although her name was Zoonish. My sister's teacher called Marva, a class fellow, Marukh, Mehwish, and even Maarva, which I don't think is a name becuase it resembles Larva. I guess teachers are always teaching so they don't have time to learn how to pronounce names. And you know something, Marva, Ruhma, Zuhaa, These names are common. the kids in school call Zuhaa (Zuuhaa), Zoha and Ruhma (Ruuhma), Roma.

Ariel goes with... Ariel is best if named only singularly, meaning Ariel John or something.

Ariel Mischka

Ariel = Lioness of God, Hebrew.
    Mischka = Loved One, Russian

Ariel is a really pretty name, I am not too fond of Jordan, it just strikes me more as a boys name. I feel like Samantha (while pretty) is really common. Sophia is not that great either, lol, I am sorta picky with names. But that's just not my opinion.

My name is never spelled correctly, it was always pronounced right, but it's spelled so many different ways. Alissa, Alysa, Elyssa, and it's just never spelled my way which is obnoxious.

Compromise: Ariel Jordan or "AJ" for a boy OR girl

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

hehe.. I do kinda like unisex names.. hence I liked Jordan.. lol.. and Samantha could be Sam.. lol

about the Maria... I don´t think so.. waaaaaaaay too many of em.. not to mention they are in my own family..lol.. but thanks for suggesting it..

I kinda like unique names.. but also am considering not to rare ones.. hard for them to write and pronunciate (the kids)..

I also don´t want any names from someone either in the family, friends, acquaintances or co-workers circles.. lol.. I guess i´m picky too.. lol
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    I disagree - I grew up with a very common name, Karen - look how many Karens there at as part of Pet Talk. I was always jealous of my elder siblings' more unique name, Johanna - which is far more common now than when we were kids, and Iver - which I always have to explain to people, and is a good, traditional Swedish name.
    LOL, for the VERY first time this year, I introduced myself to another Johanna! I have known about her for years, but we never spoke on the phone until this year. It is very weird.

There are two baby J's in J's class this year. I don't hear his name that often. He was very excited when he told me about the other one.

couple more crossed my mind

Ariel Elizabeth (variant of Isabel.. which neither of us want, but the variant we do like.. haha.. my grandmother, mom and I are Isabel´s.. that´s why)

Ariel Reneé

Arwen Ariel (yeah I know.. lol.. LOTR..)

Kimberly Ariel

Daphne Ariel
    Last edited by Husky_mom; 09-10-2010 at 12:54 PM. Reason: adding few more names..lol

notes-to-my-husband blog

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Husky_mom View Post
    lol... well not that much.. haha..

we´re definitely set on Ariel.. but Samantha (hubs choice) and Jordan (my choice).. have been discarded.. lol.. he just isn´t too set on his suggestion but he ain´t too happy with mine either.. he thinks it´s to snobby or something..

so we´re looking onto other name that goes with Ariel.. either in front or after it.. so it depends also on how it sounds when said in full..

I read a WHOLE book of names.. yeah WHOLE.. and the other names that I like are either Randi or Zafiro (sapphire in Spanish)... but I´m not that convinced

I also likes Sophia.. or Sophie.. but just a week ago I met a friend from hubby and his wife n kid.. ironically her name is Sofia.. (variation of Sophia).. so that is out too..

any suggestions??...(I do like names with a meaning )
    My great-grandaughter's name is Ariel Anna. I like those 2 together. I very rarely call her just Ariel. Of course, the way I say it sounds like 1 name......Arielanna
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.