Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So Special Solomon

So Special Solomon

I cannot even imagine why anyone would abandon you, Solomon. Words fail me. People who abandon animals should be punished severely – and for those who are cruel to animals, no punishment could ever be bad enough.

Bless your mum for rescuing your and giving you a warm, safe and ever-so loving home and also for saving little Alexandra.

Your new home suits you and it shows in your wonderful photos, Solomon the wise. May you have many happy years more in your furrever home with your loving mum and Alexandra. And congrats on being our beautiful pin-up boy as Cat of the Day!
    Last edited by Romy; 09-08-2010 at 03:35 PM.

Angel, Puddy and Tinkerbell

Quote Originally Posted by Romy;

I cannot even imagine why anyone would abandon you, Solomon. Words fail me. People who abandon animals should be punished severely – and for those who are cruel to animals, no punishment could ever be bad enough.

Seven and a half years…. and no one rescued you until your wonderful mum. Bless her for giving you a warm, safe and ever-so loving home and also for saving little Alexandra.

Your new home suits you and it shows in your wonderful photos, Solomon the wise. May you have many happy years more in your furrever home with your loving mum and Alexandra. And congrats on being our beautiful pin-up boy as Cat of the Day!
    Thank you for your post. I guess we were a little imprecise. Solomon has been part of my life for over seven and a half years. His previous people abandoned him in 2003. I cannot fathom why they did that or how they could. He is such a sweetie and it all but breaks my heart when I think of his confusion at being left.

Oh Solomon, I think I am in love! Just look at that totally adorable grey face. *mwah*

It is very clear that you have found yourself a wonderful home with a wonderful Mum who loves you very much. Every cat should have such a home, but sadly they are not all as lucky as your sweet self and Alexandra.

I hope today is your very best day out of all your great days! I hope you have tasty food, fun toys, heaps of cuddles, and everything that you love best. Nothing is too good for a Cat of the Day!

Welcome to PetTalk Windflower. I hope that you will stay and tell us more about Solomon and Alexandra. Lots more photos would be welcome too!

I had a grey feral mum show up in my garden with two kittens some years ago now. I have posted their picture below - taken some time later. Dad was also grey, as were the four kittens from the next litter they had before we managed to catch them. I have a bit of a soft spot for grey cats now.

Solomon

I can't think of a punishment great enough to give the "person" (I use that term lightly) who would abandon a wonderful cat like this in the coldest month and coldest place I can think of in the Winter. Thank goodness you were found, loved, and given your forever home. Bless you for surviving, and still having the wonderful personality that you do. Cats are very forgiving, it seems. Anyway, have a wonderful rest of your life with your new younger playmate; take care. Thanks for the wonderful story.

Ah, Solomon, in color and in circumstance, you remind me a great deal of my RB kitty Jamara. She was solid grey and we found each other one February when she had been abandoned. So sad these things happen.

In your case, you landed in a wonderful home with a mommy and fursib that love you dearly! I'm so glad! You deserve this special day just for you!! Enjoy all the extra attention and treats you'll get and have a wonderful day!!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Wow!

What a beautiful, beautiful boy, wow. Kind of reminds me of my Bobbie with those huge inquiring eyes! OMG, I can't even read stories when they say things like 'my owner didn't want me' makes me want to cry. I'll post some pics of my other 3 babies and my guinea pigs when I get a second.

Miss Chunk xo

How sad that you were abandoned, Solomon, especially on the coldest day of the year. However, it led to being adopted by your wonderful new family and now you even have another kitty as company, so it all worked out for the best. You sure are a handsome guy and you photograph so well. Enjoy your day as COTD, big boy.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Handsome Solomon!

Such a handsome, distinguished gentleman! Enjoy your day, dear Solomon!

That is so sad when the Cute Little Kitten is no longer cute , and people sto paying with the Mature Cat , who would still play if given the oppurtunity.
    My Michael at 19 still plays, maybe as much as he did when he was young.
    That is so sad Solomon that they did not take you to a shelter , but left you out in the cold.
    Thank God you are as lucky as to find a new Good Furr Ever Home where you are King.

WE love Gray Cats here, they are so dignified and calm. You are one Great Cat and we see by your sign that you are left handed, a real south paw!!!
    What a fine home you are in, you have won the Found Cat Lottery!!

We Found Cats salute you Wise Solomon, and started by Smokey Angel Send A Booming MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW To Our Newest Second Chance Cat ^^ Our Newest Friend ^^ and Our Newest Cat Of the Day Wise Old Solomon.^^
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Sweet Solomon

I loved reading your heartwarming story - it is important for people to realize that when adopting a kittycat they do become attached to us so we should never take abandonning them lightly - they may not recover from this letdown, depending on their age, how long they end up in rescue or a shelter, etc. Luckily Solomon got to find his forever loving home.

Suggestion to his mom - try Sasha's Blend (all natural) - very good for muscles, arthritis etc. - he may be jumping as high as he was before! My Angel Beyli was on it for quite some time and it really helped him with aches and pains and exercise.
    Please have your pets sterilized as soon as possible to lower, and one day hopefully eliminate, unwanted and abandoned pets. It IS our responsibility. Adopting from a shelter also helps - encouraging breeders just adds to the overpopulation.
    http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/QC64.html
    Angel Beyli's Mom thanks you!

Good day, Solomon! You are very handsome and very wise! I agree with Romy - may you have many more wonderful years with your caring mum and Alexandra. I would love to pet you -- your grey coat looks so soft and plush! I too am owned by a grey kitty so I was delighted when I saw your photo. Happy, happy Cat of the Day to you, sweet Solomon! *kiss*
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Solomon you are one gorgeous fellow!!!

What a treat to see your sweet pictures today! You remind me of Mousie, a cat my brother had when we were youngsters. I'm so glad you are now in your forever home with your forever family. Enjoy your special day to the fullest and demand an extra treat or two.

Congratulations, sweetie, on being our special Cat of the Day!!!

Windflower, welcome to Pet Talk. Thank you for sharing your sweet Solomon with us.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Solomon

Solomon, You are a very handsome fellow! I am so glad you were adopted by a caring person. It is obvious that you are loved and I'm sure you love your family too. I am so sorry you were abandoned and left in the cold by previous people (I personally do not know how anybody could do that) but so glad you eventually found a wonderful home. Congrats on being COTD! Kay in NC

Solomon and I thank you all for the posts and best wishes. I am writing this instead of him because at the present time, he is zonked out on the back of the chair.

Quote Originally Posted by catlover11 View Post
    Suggestion to his mom - try Sasha's Blend (all natural) - very good for muscles, arthritis etc. - he may be jumping as high as he was before! My Angel Beyli was on it for quite some time and it really helped him with aches and pains and exercise.
    Thanks for the tip. I will check this out for him. I have him on high-quality food at present, but will see about this.