Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hair in Stool, urinating more

Thanks krazyaboutkatz! Yes Paulie is my very first cat, we got him last June from the SPCA, he has been such a wonderful friend I just wish I could get him feeling better, if he's not itching it's somthing else . This mornin ghe urinated at 7am so that was good! I'm going to pick up his new prescription food at the vet's tomorrow so I am going to leave her a note then asking if he should be ok. Thanks again for your help!

Ok I did some research and they either:

Swallowed a hairball
    Ate human hair

or they might have a few problems (such as loose hair... or the mange)

The mange is where their hair comes of easily, and if they were grooming, some hair might have came off

Thanks for your help! My vet prescribed a medication called metronidazole. Has anyone ever heard or used this before, I'm worried because she doesn't have diarrhea just soft stools that aren't formed also what if there is still a piece of hair stuck and this binds her up even more? She wants her to take it twice a day for five days. she also wants him to drink more water, does any one know of a special bowl cats like to drink out of. Thanks again!!!

That medication is for any 'bugs' or bacteria that may be Paulie's digestive tract.

As for water, my cats get filtered water in stainless steel or ceramic bowls.

If Paulie eats wet food, mix it up with some warm water to make it a bit goopier - that's another way to get more water into her system.

I hope she feels better soon!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

Thank you both for your help!!!! It's weird because one day his stools will be normal and then the next day they will be soft . That's why I'm sacred to use the medication because it's not an everyday thing and they aren't like pudding or anything just not firm.

USE IT. Trust me. I used the same stuff on tiny foster kittens - it's a normal med to get the bugs and any protozoa out!

If untreated, those bugs will reproduce and grow. Not a good thing!

Thanks for the advice. I started the medication today, is there any side effects I should look out for? How long was your kitty on it, Paulie just has a round of 5 days twice a day.

That's how long my kittens were on it. If you want to know about side effects, just call the vet. Or just wait and see how Paulie does.

I hope Paulie feels better soon.

My vet to watch out for if he starts acting drunk, I really hope that doesn't happen . I hope this works for Paulie the vet said if he keeps having soft stools we'll have to change his food but the wellness he's on now is helping his allergies so I don't know what we'll do. Thanks for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by MyCatPaulie View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I started the medication today, is there any side effects I should look out for?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=metronidazole+i...de+effects&l=1

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

Thanks for the link CatLady ! Do you know how quick side effects pop up? Would he have already had a recation to this medication? He took one pill at 12:30. Sorry I have so many questions, Paulie is my first cat and I want to make sure I do everything right!

Hi everybody, Paulie seems to be sleeping more today, is that anything I should be concerned with?

Quote Originally Posted by MyCatPaulie View Post
    Hi everybody, Paulie seems to be sleeping more today, is that anything I should be concerned with?
    I would call your vet with any concerns about Paulie. It could be a side effect though. Good luck.