Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Dig your way out of this mess?

Dig your way out of this mess?

It has gotten to the point were very few people stay faithful in a marriage.
    From my experience from family, friends, co-works, neighbors or just people I know casually maybe 20% don't cheat.
    I don't think man was meant to mate for life, geese yes, man no.
    Makes no sense for man to do so. He needs to spread his genes after all.
    Now with women working and being so independent it's easy to start a romance, office romance especially since we tend to spend more time with our co-workers then our spouses.
    When you are at work you also tend to point your best foot foward, no belching or farting no yelling or being late or rude. Just nice and perfessional and funny. You look good, no house coat or slippers, tie and suit for some and dresses for women so yea I can see how easy it could be for some people and have seen it first hand it fact.
    Is it right, don't know. I am not involved in their marriages so I can't say I don't think it is all that bad, like I said I don't think man was meant to just have one mate.

"My dad's favorite food is steak with avocado -- he eats it with lots of avocado," Omar wrote on BBC. "But he hasn't been sent anything like that because the food sent has to first be studied by a nutritionist."

Well sonny, not much good sending them down a pot of Broccoli Casserole, there might be an explosion

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    He's in some deep doo doo?
    Or both of them

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I wonder what poster #2 would do if her husband was spreading his genes around? Or maybe he is and that's just their lifestyle.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

People cheating in their marriage don't need excuses to do so. They just have low morals or none at all. Why would you disrespect your mate by belching, farting, yelling or being rude if you care an ounce for that person. Does being married to someone exclude us from everyday good manners? And why would we care less about our appearance at home than for people we meet at work or other places? No reason to be running around in a housecoat at home unless a person is ill. I for one dress for my family and don't give a hoot if my appearance pleases others or not, if my spouse finds me attractive then the rest of the world can abstain from looking at me if I offend them by how I dress.
    I must say that the number of people that I know that cheat are not amongst those I want to be around or call friends. Being flattered by some pompous idiot trying to impress the world doesn't hold water for me.
    Funny, I thought our vows said for better or worse, in sickness and in health, till death do us part. I guess the vows must have changed while I wasn't looking.
    People who cheat are people who let frivolous crap go to their heads and are out looking for a good time, they never did mean to commit. Relationships take hard work, some people don't want that, they prefer looking at life as a bowl of cherries.
    Man was not meant to mate for life---what a great new discovery . I don't think I've ever heard such a dumb comment in my entire life, wonder what brilliant scientist discovered this?
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

Quote Originally Posted by Asiel View Post
    People cheating in their marriage don't need excuses to do so. They just have low morals or none at all. Why would you disrespect your mate by belching, farting, yelling or being rude if you care an ounce for that person. Does being married to someone exclude us from everyday good manners? And why would we care less about our appearance at home than for people we meet at work or other places? No reason to be running around in a housecoat at home unless a person is ill. I for one dress for my family and don't give a hoot if my appearance pleases others or not, if my spouse finds me attractive then the rest of the world can abstain from looking at me if I offend them by how I dress.
    I must say that the number of people that I know that cheat are not amongst those I want to be around or call friends. Being flattered by some pompous idiot trying to impress the world doesn't hold water for me.
    Funny, I thought our vows said for better or worse, in sickness and in health, till death do us part. I guess the vows must have changed while I wasn't looking.
    People who cheat are people who let frivolous crap go to their heads and are out looking for a good time, they never did mean to commit. Relationships take hard work, some people don't want that, they prefer looking at life as a bowl of cherries.
    Man was not meant to mate for life---what a great new discovery . I don't think I've ever heard such a dumb comment in my entire life, wonder what brilliant scientist discovered this?
    Very well said - and very true. It's too bad that so many people feel and act otherwise.

You nailed it for sure. Stand up and take a bow for this one, my friend.
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post

Hahha..... Yeah he is.

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    Very well said - and very true. It's too bad that so many people feel and act otherwise.

You nailed it for sure. Stand up and take a bow for this one, my friend.

Thanks Pom - I just hope that no young impressionable minds were browsing the forum and read the above post and believed that trash. I have to wonder where some people leave their brains sometimes or are they posting in their sleep
    Asiel

I've been Boo'd----

Quote Originally Posted by Asiel View Post
    Thanks Pom - I just hope that no young impressionable minds were browsing the forum and read the above post and believed that trash. I have to wonder where some people leave their brains sometimes or are they posting in their sleep
    Marigold does have a point tho.
    I was reading something a few years ago about "unfaithfulness", and the article said that it was estimated that 70% of married men are unfaithful to their wives at some time.....perhaps just once, or all of the time.
    I know that figure sounds kind of high, and it certainly surprised me.
    But also for every man in that percentage, there must be a woman involved ???? I have no idea how many of those women would be married, but I would have to say that many of them would be, and even if they were single, I would suppose that most of them would know that their partner is married.
    I believe Marigold has hit the nail on the head.....perhaps humans are NOT meant to be with one partner all of their lives, but a lot do of course, but I believe that many don't stay "faithful".
    I suppose the real issue is "why should someone be faithful in their marriage ??"
    Any feedback on that one ????

Blog Entries
    Why should someone be faithful in their marriage? Why not? You take vows when you get married & it is like trying to obey the 10 commandments. Not easy. Some people can do it & some can't. There is also that inner conscious there that can hold you back & make you think about consequences & is it really going to be worth it to be unfaithful & who are you going to hurt if not yourself in the end.

"Why should someone be faithful in their marriage? Why not?"
    Well, why should people be unfaithful in their marriage ??? Why not ???
    What about marriage breakdown ?? Sexual incompatability ??? Falling out of love ??

"You take vows when you get married & it is like trying to obey the 10 commandments. Not easy."
    No, it's not easy.
    But with current figures suggesting that the divorce rate in the USA and Australia runs at about 40-50%, it seems that vows in marriage are not working too well.

"Some people can do it & some can't. There is also that inner conscious there that can hold you back & make you think about consequences & is it really going to be worth it to be unfaithful & who are you going to hurt if not yourself in the end."
    But if my above figures are correct, and 70% of married men commit adultery, including probably the same amount of women, then the consequences are in the back of their minds and are only going to be relevant if they are caught.
    It's obvious to me, that most people don't care about the consequences, and that being unfaithful is worth the risks.

Nope.....still with Marigold on this one.
    Last edited by wombat2u2004; 09-03-2010 at 11:55 PM. Reason: add more

Quote Originally Posted by wombat2u2004 View Post
    I suppose the real issue is "why should someone be faithful in their marriage ??"
    Any feedback on that one ????
    That's what marriage is all about - the basis of it. If one goes into a marriage with the full intention of sleeping around, then why bother getting married in the first place? Are they doing it for tax purposes? - property ownership? - medical benefits? - convenience of having a bed partner when no one else is available? - because they think "it's the thing to do"? Let's just abolish marriage and have everyone sleep here, there, and everywhere, and that way no one will ever have to be chastised for spreading their genes. But of course, they will probably be spreading a lot more than just their genes, too!
    Last edited by pomtzu; 09-04-2010 at 07:53 AM.
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

Blog Entries
    There is a saying if your going to PLAY your going to PAY. Is it worth it ? You have to ask yourself that.

Any feedback on that one ????[/QUOTE]

That's like saying why shouldn't I go out and kill someone or steal what I want? And screw the consequences. What a funny way to look at it.
    Don't forget that 70% of the world population isn't that much, we aren't talking just the U.S. And if 70% of the people decide to jump off a 20 storey building I suppose that means we should all follow the same trend? Why not, after all everyone else is doing it?
    The ten commandments are maybe hard to obey but we would never dream of breaking them would we? Just the one for adultery, I guess that one doesn't count?

If someone enters a marriage with that kind of thinking then they shouldn't be getting married. Why bother with a huge fanfare when you're planning the next one just around the corner?
    Adultery is adultery no matter what people want to call it.
    Cheating is not something that just happens or isn't in a person's control. We are all responsible for our actions. It's up to you if you want to respect the committment made to your spouse by being faithful or betray their trust for a romp between the sheets that probably means nothing to the other person, a fun time is all most are looking for. If you need to remove a few wrinkles and pockets of fat to advertise yourself, then by all means go for it. But true love and a real marriage means you're loved for yourself flaws and all, that means a lot more to me, having someone there on the stormy days as well as the sunny ones.
    And if the person is willing to cheat once it won't be the last. Before jumping between the sheets try thinking what other sheets the person has been between and what you might just be bringing home to your spouse and maybe another child.
    I did say a marriage was hard work, if you don't have what it takes to see it through then go about your bed hopping but don't ruin other lives along with yours.

This is about the sickest, self absorbed post I've ever read, and to think this is supposed to be a pet forum.
    Asiel

I've been Boo'd----