Thread: Seems Less Than Humane To Me

Seems Less Than Humane To Me

Surely there must be another way.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38968296...s-environment/
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

That IS less then Humane! There IS a way that they can help them, or at least not blow the whale up!

Sadly, because of its size, that may have been the most humane thing to do. We simply don't know the correct dosing for a whale to administer any kind of injection, even if we could have located a place to do it. The poor things must have been suffering horribly, sick and stranded, and struggling to breathe. It seems gruesome, but at least its suffering is over.
    I've Been Frosted

Properly done, a cutting charge would sever any CN system connections and kill the animal before any pain was felt.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

I wonder what Paul Watson and his crew of polar pirates think of that.

Yes it does seem pretty gross, but I can see why it was done. Death would be very fast and hopefully any pain would be over in a mini second.
    Man has been doing it to man for a long time and continues to do so.

It's the quickest way, and that has to be the best way to euthanise the whale.
    The sea around Albany is crawling with Great Whites, so shoving the whale in the water and letting it die naturally would only turn into a disaster.
    I'm pretty sure those guys had no other option.

I see a missed opportunity for a great BBQ. Ive never eaten whale but given the chance I wouldnt rule it out.

No Im not trolling here. Whale is a staple among Alaska's indigenous peoples and I would partake if invited.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    I see a missed opportunity for a great BBQ. Ive never eaten whale but given the chance I wouldnt rule it out.

No Im not trolling here. Whale is a staple among Alaska's indigenous peoples and I would partake if invited.
    Well, that is a good point. If an animal is to be killed, it should at least be eaten. Seems someone would could have used the meat.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

In Alaska, and many places where the indigenous people practice the traditional ways, every part of the whale would have been used.

If the whale was going to die why let it be wasted?
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Quote Originally Posted by Twisterdog View Post
    Well, that is a good point. If an animal is to be killed, it should at least be eaten. Seems someone would could have used the meat.
    Nobody here would have eaten it.

Quote Originally Posted by wombat2u2004 View Post
    Nobody here would have eaten it.

No room on the barby?
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.