Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Please Say A Prayer For Delilah~

Please Say A Prayer For Delilah~

I've been so upset I couldn't post until now.

I came home from a family dinner on Sunday night and Delilah was tilting her head to the left. It was obvious that something was wrong. She seemed normal other than that. When we left, she was fine.
    I called the vet on Monday morning and they could take her right away. After them running every test in the book, x-rays and a thorough exam, her vet still wasn't sure what was causing the tilt. She is also losing her balance and falling over. She can't jump up on anything so I have to pick her up into the car and on the bed.
    She put her on antibiotics and some motion sickness pills. I am hoping and praying it's Vestibular Syndrome which is an inner ear problem. Could be a fluid problem or infection.
    Her vet found that her heart is a bit enlarged so they did an ECG on her. It proved her heart is enlarged but all other heart function is fine. All bloodwork came back good.

I've read a million things and most everything says this syndrome mimics a stroke and it's heartbreaking to watch your pet go through such agony. Believe me, heartbreak is my middle name with her being like this. I am beside myself.

If anyone can pray for her I will be eternally grateful.

Her vet recommends an ultrasound. Is anyone familiar with an enlarged heart and know if this is completely necessary? The charge is $350.00 but she is worth every penny if I really need to get it for her. I think I will feel terribly worse if I don't explore everything.

Thanks for the prayers and I would love to know if anyone knows about these conditions.

I am so good at telling everybody else not to beat themselves up but I now know I am crazy to say that to myself. I can't help but wonder what I could have done differently.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Do not beat yourself up about this, just concentrate on loving Delilah, and we'll say a prayer for her and you, okay?
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Do not beat yourself up about this, just concentrate on loving Delilah, and we'll say a prayer for her and you, okay?
    Thank you, Karen. I love her so much I can't stop crying. I watch her fall over and she can't look at me straight anymore. I'm just sick over it.
    I've never known a dog like Delilah. She is the sweetest dog on earth. I just want her to be well.
    I really appreciate your prayers.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

I feel your concern and frustration. Poor Delilah.

I'm wondering if she may have had a mini stroke. RB Cody acted funny one night. Got up, barely, and bumped into walls and couldn't keep his balance. It was scary. The next morning, the vet said he suspected a mini strole, after he looked into his eyes. He didn't do any other tests since , by morning, Cody seemed fine.

I sure wish our beloved pets could talk. I'm sending a gazillion prayers that darling D starts to get back to normal soon.

I've been Boooo'd!

Many prayers headed Delilahs way. {hugs}
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Big prayers for little Delilah

Thanks to all of you. I have to stay positive for Delilah and Daisy.

Karen: Pam also suggested a possible mini stroke. Her vet didn't say anything about it but it's possible. She did say the head tilt and lack of balance may not go away. I read tonight that most dogs survive strokes.

I'm so grateful. Please keep the prayers coming. I can't sleep or eat or even think straight. My poor baby.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

prayers on the way for sure. don't second guess yourself. Things come up suddenly sometimes. You know that!
    Love you guys - keep me posted!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Prayers being said here. Hope you get good news soon!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Oh Terry - my heart is breaking right along with yours. I know what you're going thru, and the worry overtaking you because you don't really know for sure, what is making your baby so sick. Please don't blame yourself - put your energies into helping Delilah, and it doesn't sound like there were any signs that this was coming anyway. I've been there with the guilt trip, and it just doesn't help anything, and will only wear you down.

I've never experienced anything like this with my pooches, so I can't be of any help to you there. Both my guys have a heart murmur tho, but I don't know if an enlarged heart goes along with that or not, but they go along as normal, and the murmurs haven't gotten any worse in several years. Neither has ever had an ultrasound.

Many prayers and good wishes going out to little Delilah and you, and of course for Daisy too. I'm praying so hard for a good outcome. Myndi and Sparky are sending along doggie kisses for all of you too.

Hang in there Terry. I know that you're a strong person, and little Delilah needs exactly that right now from her Mom.

Please keep us up to date with any news.
    BTW - how old is she?

BIG HUGS {{{{Terry}}}}
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Prayers coming her way.

Sending prayers and positive thoughts to Delilah.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Just seeing this now. You got prayers coming!! My cat Rocky acted like that for a few days after he had his teeth cleaned. The vet said he had an ear infection from the procedure. He got better after a few days and medicine. How is Delilah today? How old is she?

Terry, it does sound like the vestibular syndrome; had a dog with that years ago. Took a few weeks, but things settled down.

Prayers for Delilah and for you and Daisy as well!

Thanks so much, everybody!!! I am so happy to be in this wonderful community. I couldn't believe I would be the one asking for prayers but it's real.

Delilah just turned 11 on August 1st. I am hopeful and optimistic that she is a little better this morning. We appreciate the thoughts and prayers so much. I will update as soon as I can. My Mom is going through some trying times again and she is also keeping me busy.

Thanks again everybody!! We all thank Myndi and Sparky for the kisses, Ellie. I sure know you have just been through an ordeal yourself.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!