Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Abby

Abby

What a loving story to be told about you dear, sweet Abby. I am sorry to hear you have moved on to RB, but from the sounds of it, you had a full and loving life. You surely took care of your Mum while she loved you right back.

The story of how you saved your Mum from danger is amazing. Yes, cats can often detect illnesses such as cancer. You did a great job of showing us how wonderful a friend can be.

I am glad your story has been told. You now will have many more admirers from afar.

I hope you are enjoying your retirement at RB and have many loving friends there, too. I am sure your Mum misses you terribly.

Love and admiration,

Sas and all her happy campers, including two Abys
    Last edited by sasvermont; 08-30-2010 at 09:45 AM.

Dear Abby, my little blue Aby boy Orion is sitting close to me as I read your story which is an amazing one. How well you knew your meowmie, little Abby.
    I am sorry to hear you had to leave to Rainbow Bridge but there are many kitties there like my Filou and Tigris who will help you wait until your are united with the human who rescued you and whom you paid back every love she gave you.

What a wonderful, heartwarming story about Abby and the bond she had w/her mom. I love to read stories like this; it demonstrates the love that's shared between feline and human. I'm sure she's missed terribly b/c she went to the Bridge far too soon. She knows how much she was and still is loved and she's sure to be smiling, knowing that she has earned the title of COTD. Enjoy, sweet Abby.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Cat of our lives

Not just Cat of the Day, Abby truly was the Cat of your Life.

I am sorry for your loss and happy for your time together.

I am so happy to hear of the love and support that you and your beloved Abby gave to each other. She loved only one person and that was you.
    Gaining the trust of a shy and traumatized cat is no small thing, she obviously recognized what a wonderful human being you are, and decided she would be safe with you.

I know how you miss her. You will always miss her. Yet, one day another little creature will need you, and I hope that you will take it into your heart and love it as uniquely and completely as you and Abby did each other.
    Not as a replacement for her, but in addition to.

Best always.
    Lois

Abby

Abby, What a wonderful loving cat you were to your human. I am so impressed that you could sense breast cancer in your human. To the woman who wrote the article, I am so sorry for your loss. In the photo of Abby and you I can see the love between you two. Over the years I've lost some cats and I know how hard it is. Please hang in there and maybe one day you will want another cat in your life, one to love and love you. I hope that you are cancer free now and will have a long life. Kay in NC

Abby....I am so sorry for your lost of a wonderful friend and companion.
    I know you loved her very much. It is so hard when you loose a
    wonderful pet. They are like a member of your family. God put them here for us to love and take care of. They give so much love. May God be with you.

An Animal Lover
    LHCamry

Your Angel, Abby

Abby is a guardian angel and though she may not be here in the physical sense, I'm sure you know that her love still surrounds you constantly.

What a beautiful story about a beloved cat and her best friend.
    Best Regards, J.B. and Olive the Dog!

Sweet, Heaven-sent Abby

My Dear Friend,
    I'm so sorry for the passing of your loved one Abby. Indeed, our pets are loved ones to us; I know mine are and when I have to say good-bye, the pain is so bad that I find myself wondering if it's worth it and then that old saying comes into play, about how it's better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all. It just hurts so darned bad. When I go through a period of grief, I always lean heavily on my Blessed Lord Jesus, for when I am weak, He is strong and He upholds me and holds me close to His heart of hearts. I don't know where you stand spiritually exactly, but I know my LOrd sent my little friend Harvick to me (he's a so-called "Sheranian", a designer dog of half Pom and half Shih Tzu He's been a great encouragement to me as I have been disabled and going downhill since 1989. Between my granddaughter Shelby (she's almost a year old), Harvick and my two kitties, Erin, a mousy gray dilute Tabby and a handsome gray Tabby over white named Tweeder. They all help me pass the days, along with my wife Sharon of 37 years. Barring a miracle, which I believe will come at the proper time, then I won't see healing and my family, human and pets, help me through.
    I love the photo of you and Abby. I know she was a very special kitty but I want you to listen to me. My lord often uses me to pass on significant things to people in need, either encouragement, or advice, or a new way of looking at someone or a situation. He often tells me things of their lives I could in no way know except for Him, nothing embarrassing to them but something so they'll know they're dealing with Almighty God and not just a sympathetic man, who has nothing to offer apart from God.
    I feel you need to consider filling the void in your life, if you haven't already. Often when we lose one of our little loved ones, we feel we never want another, and feel we just can't go through it again and then, well, things happen which cause you to find an animal in need. Your heart is too good, too giving, too sensitive to keep to yourself, even if it is hurting. Your heart is the type which needs, no MUST reach out to others and that includes your animal friends who are brought into your life so they can be "ministered to" by you. I hope you'll rally consider what I've suggested, as it didn't come from me. May the Lord forever be praised.
    Take care, my friend. By the way, Abby is in good company at the Rainbow Bridge and beyond- my oh, so sweet Dalmatian named M'Lady, AKA "Big Puppy"; Dixie and Dale, brother and sister kitties who passed WAY too young from that wretched feline leukemia; "Prince", my a beautiful Boxer, my first dog when I was a little boy; "Loopy", a precious little sort of long-bodied dog I got from the supply sergeant in basic training at Fort Knox and took home when I got out, She passed under circumstances unknown in 1970 and I found myself just recently thinking of her and crying over her. (I hurt for a LONG time when I lose someone or something). "Humphrey", my big 16 pound gentle gray Tabby who passed at ten from bone marrow cancer; he was my "Pal Kitty" and talked so easy to me. I loved him fiercely and can still cry when I think of him and yet, he passed 23 years ago. "Prissy" is there, too, a sweet, little chocolate-point Siamese who lived to be 17 years old. Such a gentle little "small kitty" as I called her and she'd answer to it. Indeed, Abby has lots of friends to keep her company and it's my opinion that our pets don't suffer from loneliness or such because their suffering is over. There are lots of pets from others there, too, dear friend, so rest easy in knowing Abby is in high company.
    I pray that something I've written might have helped touch your heart in some way. I know I'm long-winded. One pastor I had thirty years ago, called me "verbose", which stung since I as just asking him about our Savior. Maybe I do talk a lot but I do try to make my words be Godly-led words in order to be worth something other than just mindless chatter.
    Take care and do please consider getting another kitty soon. After all, there's one who needs someone like you in their life, to help them recover from some stuff they didn't ask for...
    I pray your heart heals soon so the ache is somewhat relieved...
    My love to the world,
    Jim Grayson
    Lexington, Kentucky
    USA

Abby, you were an Angel sent down to help your dear Mom in her most trying of times. And you found the dreaded C as well.

God Bless you Abby. You were and always will be a treasure

Awesome Abby

What a touching story...and such a lovely, loving, intelligent cat. Abby will surely be missed...

To abby

I AM SO SAD TO READ ABOUT ABBY'S PASSING. I HAVE A FRIEND RIGHT NOW WHO IS FACING THE SOON-TO-BE LOSS OF HIS BELOVED ABBY AS WELL, AND IT IS SO SAD. I, MYSLF HAVE FACED THE LOSS OF TWO CATS OVER THE YEARS, AND I KNOW IT IS ALWAYS TERRIBLE, AND JUST AS EACH CAT IS DIFFERENT SO ARE THE LOSSES. I AM SORRY-BUT THINK OF THIS; SHE IS NO LONGER SUFFERING, AND PART OF HER WILL ALWAYS BE WITH YOU-I THINK. SHE WAS SOOOO BEAUTIFUL AND THE PICTURES ARE SWEET. YOU BOTH REALLY HELPED EACH OTHER ALL DURING YOUR TIME TOGETHER. MOM, TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF RIGHT NOW-AND FEEL THE FEELINGS-THEN I BELIEVE IT WILL GET GRADUALLY A LITTLE EASIER TO SMILE WHEN YOU THINK OF ABBY. ALL THE BEST-SUSANSWATLIN518

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!
    My Computer is not allowing me to put in the symbols so I will have to type them in.
    I will edit them Tomorrow.
    Ahat a touching story you have of your love with Dear Abby, and that second Photo shows the bond bewrween you , that photo speak more than a million words of the Love between You and Abby.
    COOL COOL !!
    Aby is such a Handsome Cat , and so very loving and it is sad that you are no longer together on Earth , but there will be a Reunion in Paradise One Fine Day.
    LOVE LOVE !!
    Our Pet Talker Angels now include Abby , and we send a Memorail MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWW To Awesome Abby , Our Newest Angel ^^ Our Newest Friendand Our Newest Cat Of The Day.
    LOVE LOVE LOVE !!!
    Last edited by catmandu; 08-30-2010 at 09:24 AM.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Abby

Abyssinians are determined to earn their keep. Their work ethic (be it diagnosing cancer or guarding the house) puts the rest of us to shame.
    amdla

Abby, beautiful Abby, your story brought me to tears What an amazing cat you were, and it must have been so difficult for your Mum to lose you after you had saved her life at least once, possibly twice. The two of you had a remarkable connection while you were together, and it will always be there for you live on forever in your Mum's heart. Now you live on in ours, too, for I know I shall never forget your story.

Beautiful Abby, you are truly a most deserving Cat of the Day. I hope your Mum finds comfort in knowing that you are playing gently at the Rainbow Bridge while you wait for the day you will be together again.

To Abby, our Cat of the Day

XXXXXXXXXXXAll our children have paws!
    XXXXXXXXNewman, Lexie, Molly, Emma, Billy,
    XXXXXXXXJess, Jinx, Midge, Sofie, and Tiger

RIP at the Rainbow Bridge:
    Our kitties, Simmy, Duke, Blackie, Mama Cat, Riley, April, and Chloe.
    Our dogs, Shilo, Misty, Nikki, and Shadow.
    We miss you. Play gently until we meet again.