Thread: Indigo photo shoot

Indigo photo shoot

These aren't great, but I wanted to post SOMETHING, and these were the best of the many shots I took this afternoon. Sorry for the quality, but a six foot squirmy monster who is mostly black, poor lighting in my apartment, and my little PAS camera just don't make for an easy time!

I spend so much time admiring him, I don't think I'll ever get over how beautiful he is....

I do love the look of his throat!

You'll have to get someone to help you and see if you can take him outside for a shoot some day - I am sure the sunlight of his shiny blackness is a sight to behold! He is a handsome boy, though. How old is he, do you know?
    I've Been Frosted

He's about two. In a few weeks, we'll be back in a place where we're allowed to have the snakes, so everyone will be going out for a photoshoot outdoors.

Indigo is such a sweet and pretty snake. I love his shiny skin.

Indigo is a gorgeous snake!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Thanks!! I'm glad you enjoyed!!

What type of snake is he? He is beautiful. He has a fat tongue! I have a sand boa, whom I just adore. He lets me kiss his face and everything. It makes me sad that some people consider them a waste of a pet because they don't do anything, but my Chubby is very active. My kids love him.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Quote Originally Posted by luckies4me View Post
    What type of snake is he? He is beautiful. He has a fat tongue! I have a sand boa, whom I just adore. He lets me kiss his face and everything. It makes me sad that some people consider them a waste of a pet because they don't do anything, but my Chubby is very active. My kids love him.
    Hey Cass, he's an Eastern Indigo Snake. I realized I should have titled this thread differently. His name is Grendel. My Hognose Chubby is super active too, maybe it's the name. What kind of sand boa do you have?

Oh wow, how did I miss this thread? He is a seriously amazing looking snake.
    Gosh, you make me wish I had the guts to own a snake.
    The Minions:
    {The Dog: Towser & Raiden} {The Cats: Khaith, Martha, Adelaide, Snowball, & Floki} {The Bird: Gir}

Quote Originally Posted by snakemama View Post
    Hey Cass, he's an Eastern Indigo Snake. I realized I should have titled this thread differently. His name is Grendel. My Hognose Chubby is super active too, maybe it's the name. What kind of sand boa do you have?
    LOL, I named him after your Chubby. Not sure. If I post a pic can you tell me? I adopted him from Petsmart because he has a lot of scars.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Quote Originally Posted by luckies4me View Post
    LOL, I named him after your Chubby. Not sure. If I post a pic can you tell me? I adopted him from Petsmart because he has a lot of scars.
    Awww, awesome!! If you post a pic I'd be happy to tell you what species he is. My guess would be Kenyan, since those are the prettiest/calmest/most popular pets out of all the sand boas, but I know you have a knack for finding some of the most interesting and unusual critters, so I thought I'd ask.

K, I'll have to get my lazy bum in gear and upload these photos.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major