Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: breed advice please!

Quote Originally Posted by Husky_mom View Post
    feel free to correct me if wrong.. but IŽll input some traits, behaviours I think are predominant in some breeds that were listed..

I think it really depends what you are looking in a dog or for what you want it/need it..
    Bulldogs- are a Brachycephalic (short nosed) breed. They have an elongated soft palate, which makes it very difficult to breathe! These dogs, although absolutely adorable and great dogs- are unfortunately a genetic mess. They are very costly to purchase, and to take care of. Special precautions have to be taken while under anesthesia, due to their breathing issues. You can't run them, play fetch, or do much exercise wise with these guys, again due to the breathing issue. They also get horrible skin issues!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Well since you like big dogs add american bulldog to your list! they are one of the best breeds i have ever came across i own a 3 year old american bulldog called zeus he's my protector and my best friend i've never had a bond so strong with a dog like him before. he's super smart very laid back and just loves to play he's goofy most of the time and if you don't mind dogs that slobber a lot u'll be fine with an AMbulldog lol overall they are gentle and make great family pets extremely loyal and lives to please it's owner.

As for the malamute i own one as well a 10 month old female called Blaze. From my experience malamutes are independent BUT much easier to train and handle than huskies i had a husky before and comparing him to my Mal she's a breeze but still malamutes need early and firm training since they tend to do what they want to do and ignore you a lot lol but none the less outstanding beautiful animals super friendly with people.

Hope i helped
    Last edited by Mooshi; 10-18-2010 at 03:53 PM.

ok. thanks!

I have a ton of knowledge about pit bulls and bully breeds. I own two pitties and have owned other bully breeds in the past. I would be glad to share more info with you if you're interested. dog obedience
    Last edited by wallyblue; 01-26-2011 at 07:37 AM.

own

I have a purebreed Siberian Husky - she's very loyal and doesn't bark much at all - in fact, hardly at all. Very loving and playful. Do have a lot of energy, so if you can taken them for hikes and walks, etc. - you will have a lot of fun!