Thread: Sensational Sunflower!

Sensational Sunflower!

Oh, you are certainly a gorgeous snake, Sunflower, with such a perfect name! You seem to have a lovely personality and how clever to pick your person by crawling into that purse! I hope you have a happy POTD celebration with your devoted guardian!
    AvaJoy
    =^.".^=

Avatar courtesy of Kimlovescats . . . many thanks!
    EvErY LiFe ShOuLd HaVe NiNe CaTs

I've heard of mammals choosing their parents, but never a snake! Sunflower is gorgeous. Who knew snakes had such personalities?
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

You are very beautiful Sunflower. And I hope to get the pleasure of meeting you someday.
    Congrats on being today's Pet of the Day!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Ah, my Sunshine!! She'll have some extra out-and-about time for her special day!! Thanks everyone for your kind words!!

Hi Sunshine! Happy Pet of the Day to you, beautiful girl...and to your person, too! As has already been said, with such gorgeous golden coloring, and that sweet, bright, sun-shiny personality of yours, your person couldn't have picked a more perfect name! You're a beauty Sunshine, inside and out! And you sweetheart sure "done good" choosing such a wonderful human to call your very own; what a perfect match you and your mommy make! Hope you're out and about beautiful Sunshine, soaking up some sunshine of your own, having a great time celebrating your much deserved day in the spotlight! Please have your mom give you a nice stroke for me!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Super Sunshine

Hello, my friend. I don't often write concerning snakes but when I saw you had a gopher snake, I had to respond. Many years ago, probably around twenty-five or so, my family and I were at the Clyde Buckley Wildlife Area near Frankfort, Kentucky when I noticed a large snake crossing the road. I knew it wasn't poisonous, although there were copperheads in the area, so I stopped the car and got out. The snake stopped and just looked at me and, being a guy who liked snakes when he was little, I knew it was a gopher snake, around six feet long and apparently well-fed. I gently pinned it behind the head, then picked it up and after it showed no inclination to bite me (I'm not much for getting bitten by anything, if I can help it), I just sort of let it move around in my hands. My son was still pretty young, probably around twelve or so, and at that point, he took the snake and it just sort of rolled into a ball in his hands. I never saw anything like it. About that time, a fellow called out to me, "Whatcha got there, my friend?" He was coming from the office of the area and turned out to be a naturalist who worked there. "Looks like a gopher snake," I replied, "but I'm not really sure." He came over and I gave the snake to him and her affirmed it was a gopher snake. All this time, the snake never gave any sign of being upset or wanting to bite. This being the case, if I were to want a snake as a pet, which I really don't (my wife would move out and my daughter would never come to visit), it would be a gopher snake.
    Sunshine is a very pretty snake. She's much prettier than the one I found that day. His markings were more just mottled browns and tans, with a bit of ocher here and there.
    Anyway, I thought I'd bore you with this little story from Kentucky. I hope you and Sunshine have a long happy life together. May you be blessed in all ways.
    Jim Grayson
    Lexington, Kentucky
    USA

Jim, thanks for sharing your story! I recall catching a wild gopher once too. He hissed a bit but never offered to bite. Amazing little guys!