Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What would you get if you mixed ? with ?........

What would you get if you mixed ? with ?........

What do you think would be some wierd mixes of dogs? For example: a collie with a Dalmation! Would they be long white haired with black spots?? Or a Beagle and a Cocker Spanial?? What is your say? Let us know!

Oooo....Ooooo....trying to stop myself......but can't! You only have to look at some of the pedigree breeds to see what terrible inflictions we are already imposing on dogs.... and according to every Kennel Club in the world, that is fine....
    Sorry, I have ruined what is meant to be a bit of fun so please carry on, just that I can't help it ......
    To try and make amends, how about a Saluki crossed with a Corgi, Basset Hound or Doxxie?

The strangest I have seen was a rottie/basset mix. So ugly he was cute!

I've heard people claim they've seen Dachsunds mixed with Great Danes

The strangest mix I've seen on Dog of the Day has been a Corgi/Chihuahua mix. Maybe I just took special notice of that one because I'm always on the lookout for Corgis.

Anyone else remember any odd mixes that were Dogs of the Day? I'd like to see pictures. (And Wendy, if you see this, I'd like to see pictures of your Beagle/Corgi mixes.)

We have had many mixed breeds on Dog of the Day, but the one that stands out in my mind as an unlikely combination was the Shih Tzu/ Golden Retriever mix, Maxwell - see http://DogoftheDay.com/archive/2000/March/09.html . Some people thought he was so cute, they wrote us asking where they could get one just like him! A lot of mixed breeds, of course, come from shelters and have that mysterious past, so we guess!

Maxwell is too cute!! That is one of the cutest dogs I've ever seen!

I saw a beagle/GSD mix, it was a beautiful brindle dog, and you would never guess what its mix was by looking. Have seen a Corgi/Golden retriever mix, also very adorable!

How about a pug mixed with a poodle or a pug/dachshund? Wonder what sort of face it'd have?

What about a bulldog with a collie? What a weird head that one would have.

I didn't remember Maxwell so immediately logged on and was taken aback by that adorable bundle of fur! Not enough adoring adjectives to describe that face. I would hope the dachsund of the dachsund/Great Dane mix would be the male....you get my drift. Would it be a Great Dachsund? A Dachsdane? A Danedachs? ..Oh well...

What about a GSD/Malamute/Pyrenees?

I once saw a picture of a Lab/German Shepard mix in some dog book I was reading. Poor thing looked like he was in costume, his body was that of a German Shepard sporting a black Lab head.

I saw a Picture of a saint Bernhard/Basset hound Mix it looked like a Saint Bernhard with short legs and a long body

I once saw a english bulldog mixed with a golden retriever. It looked like your basic GR but it was a bit more buff and was a little shorter. One thing that really popped out at me was it had an underbite. Its bottom teeth came up over the top jaw. I saw pics of the parents two very beautiful dogs. If I could mix anything I would mix the Dogue de Bordeaux (Turner and Hooch)/Beagle/Pit bull/Jack Russell Terrier/Greyhound. Wouldn't that be interesting!

A girl I work with has a cocker/pug. He has the body of a cocker and the face of a pug!! Another just got a dalmation/black lab(her husband calls it a labradation or the dalmador!) He looks just like a black lab excpet his little belly is whit with black spots!!!
    I saw in the humane society listing they had a GSD/chihauhua mix. I didn't see what that looked like!!!
    WHERE there is a will there is a WAY!!

[This message has been edited by shais_mom (edited November 12, 2000).]

A friend of mine has a black lab/dalmation and he is truly one of the most intelligent, biddable and all round great dogs I have ever met. He has a great trainer in my friend which is just as well as he wouldn't take inactivity, physical or mental, well at all!