Thread: A new Ed-venture?

A new Ed-venture?

It has been a long time since we have had one!

I haven't felt well for the last few days and have been mailing in the stuff that I have had to do around the house.

At night I put the old paper that needs to go to the trash by the front door and this time I had a few old phone books to recycle.

This morning I woke up and went to get the newspaper and walked right by the books and bumped them to the side. I went out, grabbed the paper and walked up the driveway to go feed 'my little frens'. Now that I am out here I may as well go check on my plants, water and maybe pick some of my veggies. I first stop and feed the kids, they welcome me with such fervor at chow time......

I go to the back and start to water, talk to my plants, and do a little dawdling about.....I come back inside with my paper, a nice zucchini and thoughts of how sick I am.

I make it to the front room and see the door is open and no sleeping Edward where I left him.

---------------------------

At the morning or evening feeding time, Toonces- the cat that can drive?, usually shows up to meow and reminds me that I have to feed the clan. Ed, ever vigilant and protector of our castle, will get into the pounce position, then make a run at the door.

He stops, just in time to go eyeball to eyeball with Toonces. No hissing, scratching or fighting, just a face to face stare down.

Some one flinches first, I have not kept that score, but as I see it?

IT's a draw every time?

---------------------------

My heart drops in my chest and I go to the door and look for the Edster in the immediate area.....Nothing.

@*^%$#^

I walk around the corner and do not see ED.

But, I know where he is.

------------------------

Around my mom's car there are three cats.

Each is in the Meat Loaf position, all pointing in towards a central point that I estimate is right under the passenger seat.

I move to the driver's side, get on my knees.... it takes my eyes a few seconds to adjust and Yep, there's my cat.

I don't know if Ed was corraled by the his outdoors sibs, he panicked because he was outside, of just pussed out because he was outnumbered....

I call at him, kinda laughing at HIS predicament, then sit down to wait him out.

After a few minutes I spy an old Russian hockey stick I have and pick it up.

I am going to try a poke check to see if I can get sweep him out from his position. I get a few 'swipes' in and the third elicits a rather lusty hiss from him.

Two more little pokes, two more hisses and he emerges, looks at me and makes a beeline to the door from which he escaped, he passes one of the frens that ratted him out and gave him a sideways look......

I put the stick aside, pick him up at the door and walk inside, neither of us none the worse for wear.

I was laughing and glad that his/our latest adventure had gone so well.

Now, I know he will not get into a 'catfight' with the outdoor kids, but I do know that without that screen door between them, there can be some hissing and posturing when they get real close.

I am taken back that the Edster might be a puss, but, I still love him and that will not change.....ever.....

Awwww...he's a lover, not a fighter.

I hate that sinking feeling when you realize the cat has gotten outside. Glad you were able to find/catch him quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by happylabs View Post
    Awwww...he's a lover, not a fighter.

I hate that sinking feeling when you realize the cat has gotten outside. Glad you were able to find/catch him quickly.
    I didn't do anything, My pals ratted him out.

I am surprised by My Panther who gets picked on by the Earl of Ebony who is small but wiry,
    I am glad that Panther is not agressine towards the reacoons, as they are natural fighter.
    Ed's a laid back California Cat, he doesnt want to fight
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Boy, I could have used your little frens last year when I couldn't find Paizly. The dogs were no help with it.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

What an adventure he had... Maybe he will remember it wasn't that much fun (as in he is out numbered out there) and not attempt to do it again!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!