Today I went to a reptile show after swearing to my hubby I wouldn't get any new animals today. Well....we all know how that goes! I stopped at a table that had a handsome hognose boy for a VERY reasonable price. I asked about him, and why he was so cheap, and found out that they had sold him as a baby three years ago to someone who had recently found themselves unable to care for him anymore, so they brought him back.

I thought about it, decided not to cal and bug my hubby, walked around a little more, and when I came back "Just to look", someone else was holding him! I had a little moment of panic and realized that I was pretty well stuck on him. So I called, and my hubby reluctantly agreed to let me take him home. I just about danced out of there!

I only snapped a couple of pictures because I wanted to let him get settled in, but they came out pretty nice! He's burrowing around his new home now, looking quite content. I may even offer him food tomorrow when I feed all the others. Normally I give any new arrivals a week before offering food, but Hognoses seem to be just about immune to stress.

Marley was the name his previous owner gave him, and I think I'll be keeping it. One of my friends who also came to the show picked up a baby hognose today too!