Thread: Slacker home for visit

Slacker home for visit

Mike came home for a visit and we went downtown to the game. Was so much fun (but very hot) they had the Rock and Blast Fireworks Show. It was the best fireworks show I have ever seen, they played the top 50 rock and roll songs of all time and timed the fireworks to it.
    Mike is going to Afghanistan, yup his orders changed. First it was Kuwait now of course it's different. I just dread it, scared but he is a grown man and this is what he does. He has been in that part of the world twice before serving.
    I will get to see him one more time. First week in Dec I believe and then that will be it for a year. So I guess our Christmas will be early for the first time in 13 years.
    I have more pictures to post later. Hope everyone has a good weekend. Slacker and I are off to have fun.

Have a wonderful time w/Slacker, Monica. Savor every moment. That's what I do when The Boy comes home.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Hoping that you all have the very best time together. Take lots of photos!
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Have a WONDERFUL time with Mike being home, Marigold!!!! And please thank him for me for his service to our country. God bless him.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Enjoy your time with the young fella mate

Mike,
    Enjoy this time with your family. Please know, beyond any doubt, that you'll be in my prayers during your deployment. If you need or want anything at all ask your Mom to pm me and it's yours! Thank you for your service and I look forward to welcoming you home after Afghanistan. May God be with you!
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Welcome home, Slacker! Have a wonderful visit! It is cooler today in Chicago so I am hoping this weather will work its way east tonight and tomorrow, and you all will get the break we got today.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Have a good visit, Slacker! A gazillion blessings on you for your service, and a safe return.

Loved the photos, thanks, Marigold. Who's the cute young lady???

I've been Boooo'd!

That would be our daughter.
    Mike, me, Alicia, hubby looks like an ole hippy. LOL
    We had a wonderful time at the game.
    Mike is home in NJ now and we will fly out there soon to help him pack up all his belongings and put them in storage. He will be in Afghanistan for a year come Dec. First he has to go to Fort Dix for a month to bond with the other young men and women who are being deployed. He will not be allowed to have a car or leave the base. I miss him already. I just can't seem to get enough hugs or spend enough time with him. If he lived close by I would see him several times a week.
    It's hard... I still see him as that cute 5 year old who colored with his crayons and loved ice cream and oranges and baseball.
    I want to thank you all for your kind thoughts and prayers, it helps truly.

Blog Entries
    Good Thoughts & Prayers are sent Mikes way. They just sent a group out of Iowa to Afghanistan. I pray everyone stays safe. That is a great picture of you & your family. I noticed that little hole in hubbys jeans, you gotta get the sewing machine out & patch that.

Just got a phone call from my Slacker, His orders have been.

Cancelled!!!! Oh my gosh my gosh my goshy gosh gosh.

Now that does not mean they won't call tomorrow or next week or the week or month after that, but for now even if it is just for a short time. We are so

EXCITED that his orders have been cancelled.

Who can blame you for being excited, Monica! That's great news!
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

HALLELUJAH! Hooray for Slacker and you and the family!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery