Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: KiKi is having his leg amputated...

KiKi is having his leg amputated...

My boyfriends vet called him with the biopsy results. Its an aggressive cancer that grows rapidly but they do not believe itll spread, its only localized....and neither his vet, or my vet thinks they will ever be able to get all of it out of that joint, so tuesday morning, we are amputating. The vet doesnt feel lumps anywhere else and he is eating, drinking, pooping and playing fine.

We are waiting on his bloodwork, itll be back today or tomorrow..so if you could spare some good thoughts for us, id appreciate it.

My boyfriend lives about an hour away, and he is very very squeamish, if he sees blood, bloody bandages, he passes out...so Kiki is being operated on at my vet, and he will stay here with me until he is all patched up and ready to go home with his daddy.

Here he is at the vet this morning....

Thanks in advance!

My prays are coming for KiKi and for you two as well.

Melissa

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Aawww - poor Kiki. Good news tho, that it doesn't appear that it has spread.

Prayers for Kiki, that all goes well, and he is up and learning to maneuver with his new and revised anatomy, in no time at all!

Prayers for you and "dad" too.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are going out to Kiki. I hope that everything goes well and that he recovers quickly.

The CREW is sending their best. Demetri in particular as he is a tri, he says to tell Kiki not to worry, it only slows the jumping down. But it brakes work great if you drop your butt to stop.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DEMETRI_1.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	156.6 KB 
ID:	45825   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DEMETRI.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	118.0 KB 
ID:	45826  
    GILL & Crew;

Prayers for poor Kiki - it's OK, honey, you'll adapt just fine! I'm sorry you have to go through it, though.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Prayers for Kiki, that this is life-saving for him, and that he recovers quickly.

I'd be surprised if there were "bloody bandages" as I think they suture up with some extra skin and it is quite clean.

But still, you get to spoil Kiki at your place for a while, and give him some pain meds.

Looking forward to a good update!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Prayers for KiKi and for the surgeons, that everything goes well and he has a long cancer-free life ahead of him!
    I've Been Frosted

Beautiful Kiki we will be thinking of you and wishing you all the best for your surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Prayers for KiKi and for the surgeons, that everything goes well and he has a long cancer-free life ahead of him!

My prayers for the same. A successful surgery & complete recovery for KiKi.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Oh I am so sorry to read this about KiKi.. But its for the best.. My Babies also tell KiKi donts worry you will be fine in no time at all.. I have 3 Tripod babies & they go faster than the 4 legged ones.. Sending Lots of Prayers & Huggss from Texas.. Keep us posted on how all goes ok.. All paws crossed..

Quote Originally Posted by GILL View Post
    The CREW is sending their best. Demetri in particular as he is a tri, he says to tell Kiki not to worry, it only slows the jumping down. But it brakes work great if you drop your butt to stop.

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

I am so glad the cancer has not seemed to have spread. I am wishing KiKi a speedy recovery and a long, long, life.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Aww, I was hoping it wouldn't come to this. But at least they feel they can get rid of it and Kiki will live a nice long healthy life after this.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    Prayers for Kiki, that this is life-saving for him, and that he recovers quickly.

I'd be surprised if there were "bloody bandages" as I think they suture up with some extra skin and it is quite clean.

But still, you get to spoil Kiki at your place for a while, and give him some pain meds.

Looking forward to a good update!
    While we were waiting for the biopsy results, he actually bit into the tumor and we bandaged it...he got it off, we bandaged it again, even with the e collar on. He bled real bad all over Kris's place....and today we were at the vet because its actually infected now. But he told me he almost passed out when he saw the stitches from the previous removal, so with his leg totally gone, itll probably make him queasy.

I just cant wait to get it over with. Ive had family over from NY and weve been juggling work, collars, bandages, with grandmas visit.

Poor KiKi. They can analyze the tissue from the leg in much more detail after the amputation.

Smokey the Elder looked like Frankenstein's Kitty but didn't bother the staples. They didn't bleed at all. She was the best patient ever. She hopped up the stairs the night I brought her home.

The only thing is that if he has an itch on that side, you need to scratch it for him. Smokey used to twitch her hip joint when she needed a scratch.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb