Thread: RCMP search for Winnipeg man

RCMP search for Winnipeg man

I know it's not fair to judge by photos, but just looking at this man, I feel I KNOW he is not alive.

RCMP search for Winnipeg man
    Last Updated: Tuesday, August 10, 2010 | 11:10 AM CST
    CBC News

A vehicle belonging to 39-year-old Andrew Paul Conly was found abandoned in Grass River Provincial Park. (RCMP)

The RCMP are asking for the public's help in finding a Winnipeg man believed missing after his pickup truck was found abandoned in a ditch.

The green Chevy truck, registered to 39-year-old Andrew Paul Conly, was found just off Highway 39 in the Grass River Provincial Park on Aug. 4.

It was unlocked, undamaged and contained numerous personal items, police said.

Conly hasn't been reported missing but he hasn't been seen for several days by building staff at his residence, RCMP said.

Due to the odd circumstances, RCMP have initiated a search for Conly.

He is described as six feet two inches with brown hair and blue eyes.

Extensive patrols of the area have already been conducted on foot, by using all terrain vehicles, and by using a helicopter with the assistance of the Department of Natural Resources.

The RCMP dog service is heading to the area Tuesday to aid in the search.

Anyone with information regarding the whereabouts of Conly, or with family contact information, is asked to contact the Cranberry Portage RCMP at 204-472-4040.

Grass River Provincial Park is located about 725 kilometres northwest of Winnipeg.

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/manitoba/st...#ixzz0wDx0yoie
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

What an odd picture to use. . .is it a mug shot? Why doesn't he have a shirt on? Very strange.

When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. Mark Twain

I surely hope he is still alive. What makes you feel otherwise?

And, is it just the light, or are his eyes two different colours?

Johanna, that pic reminds me of someone who is whacked out on drugs. Or an open-eyed corpse. Eyes are really wide and quite glassy.

Either he od'd in the bush, or some dealer knocked him off.

Just a feeling...and yes, why would they choose such a pic?

Man lost in Manitoba woods located

Glad I was wrong...

Man lost in Manitoba woods located
    Last Updated: Tuesday, August 10, 2010 | 8:59 PM CST
    CBC News
    Andrew Paul Conly, who was lost in the woods in northern Manitoba for more than six days, has been located.

A Winnipeg man declared missing by RCMP after his car was found abandoned in a provincial park has been located.

Police said Tuesday that Andrew Paul Conly, 39, got lost in the woods of the Grass River Provincial Park sometime before they discovered his unlocked truck parked on a side road on Aug. 4.

The park is located about 725 kilometres northwest of Winnipeg.

Conly was found by police at about 6 p.m. CT. He was "extremely dehydrated" but otherwise in good health, Const. Miles Hiebert said.

"There is no indication at this time how long Mr. Conly had been lost in the woods, but initial reports were that he had become disoriented and possibly lost," Hiebert said.

Police said earlier in the day they initiated a search — which included a helicopter, foot patrols, a police dog and officers on ATVs — because of the circumstances of his disappearance.

While he had not been reported missing, his truck had been found unlocked, undamaged and with his personal effects still inside.

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/manitoba/st...#ixzz0xv47sK00

ETA: Many commentators wondered why the heck a better photo was not found.

And now he gets to explain to all and sundry (family, friends, perhaps even complete strangers) what the heck he was doing in that picture!

It sure is a "winner" if you know what I mean, lol;.