Thread: Chatty Catty? By CatAge Staff

Chatty Catty? By CatAge Staff

Someone posted here recently about a really noisy kitty (Bengal?) and I recall a couple of other posts dealing with this. Thought this tip might help.

http://www.catage.com/tips/chatty-catty

Chatty Catty?
    By CatAge Staff

Giving your cat the silent treatment may discourage incessant feline chatter.

Although transition, grief, and medical concerns can increase vocalization, relentless meowing may just be your cat's way of getting your attention. Feeding, petting, or any other response encourages continued noisiness. Instead, ignore your pet's chattering. Once she or he is quiet, reinforce good behavior with treats and affection.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Mac has started incessant meowing at my son at night. It starts off as cute little meows and eventually turns agressive and he bats at Kevin. He used to do this a bit when he was younger, but hasn't for several years now. This just restarted a few days ago. I do believe a visit to the white coats in called for. When he stops, after about 20 minutes, he is his same old lovable, lapcat, self. Anyone have any ideas?
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Scrappy Two is my talkinest Cat , she has this incessant sort of squaeling meew , meew , meeeewwww!!!!
    The rest of My Found Ctas are pretty quiet, I don't think that Tubster Panther has ever meeeowed!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS