Thread: help :(

help :(

hi
    some might remember a while back i posted about my bacardi getting attacked by neighbours horrible cat , he recovered what seemed great his fur all grew back and he was his normal self again , 2 days ago we took him to the vet he wasnt eatting and couldnt meow ,they gave him antibiotics and an anti inflamatory , they said he had a viral from a cat attack ,only 1 hes had , he still isnt eatting or drinking and still cannot meow he was also vomitting last night ,hes an old cat and im worried theyve missed something now and have got it wrong his temp was up to , any ideas?
    thanks
    carol

Can you take him to a different vet for a second opinion? How old is he?
    I've Been Frosted

Did they give you the name of the virus he has?

Keep up with the antibiotics and the anti-inflammatory meds. Some sub-q fluids might be a great idea, ask your vet and please get Bacardi in for that ASAP. He may be dehydrated and the fluids under the skin can work wonders.

Meanwhile, if you have an eyedropper or something, see if you can get bits of water into him.

Poor Bacardi - I hope he turns a corner soon!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I concur w/what Catty1 said and a second opinion from another vet would be a good idea as well.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I'm with Medusa, get a second opinion. ESPECIALLY since Bacardi is a senior (I don't like to use the word "old") Has he lost weight? Possible acute renal failure (kidney failure)?? I'd get him to a vet ASAP.

Good luck and keep us posted

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

thanks
    the good news is he's taken to eatting tuna i'm thinking because tunas' a strong smelling food,Also he started drinking straight after eatting and the vomitting stopped ,so things starting to look up for him , Bacardis' about 12 the vet said ,When i had him i was told he was 12 and he's been with us 4 years so i'm taking it the last owner didnt know how old he was ,Main thing is he's doing better now
    thank you all ,If he starts going down hill again im going to get him a second opinion as the cat attack happened some time ago now and i realy don't think its connected .
    thanks
    carol

Great news! Prayers that Bacardi gets back to great health soon! I guess the meds took a bit to kick in.

Keep going, Bacardi!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

sure is good news hes back to eatting his wiskers and cat biscuits , i still think the vet was wrong about the cat attack as that happned some time ago and bacardi hasnt been out sinse he seems happy to wander round the house and just sleep ,main thing is he's back to his normal self he ran downstairs this Am meowing for food