Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PT prayers requested please.

Was just checking in for an update. Glad to hear that so far so good. I can commiserate with pups that are hard to give meds. With Tommy or Raven I can usually hide it in some food and they'll take it easily. Tasha is another story . She'll dissect the food to avoid the med. And if you try to give it to her manually she turns into clamp-jaw. Keep getting better Molly!
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

Sorry to hear about the seizures! Thyroid and seizures pretty much go hand in hand unfortunatly. I hear about them all too often since they're so common in Belgians.
    Hopefully Molly adjusts to the meds and her seizures go away! With the correct dosage, the seizures should go away (unless it is not the thyroid that is causing the seizures, but at her age it's not likely to be genetic epilepsy).

Thanks again guys. She's been on both meds (for thyroid and seizures) for a few days now and no seizures so far. Looking good!

However, they really do weaken her hind legs. This was her last day of the loading dose to get the drug level up so from here on out we'll just be giving it to her to manage it.

So the seizures are a part of the thyroid problem, NOT the thyroid medicine.

Poor Molli, going through all this and not understanding what is happening to her! Please give her some hugs from me.

What a relief for you, to have the seizures behind her. That must be so scary, seeing your pup go through that and not being able to do anything.

Many prayers for Molly - may she get through this and have nothing but great test results. I know how it is to worry about your pet - I am going through that right now with our Scruff. Good luck and please keep us posted.

"The dog represents all that is best in man." Etienne Charlet

www.rornfp.org

Well, she's not doing so well again. She's having a very hard time getting up and walking around and is acting extremely lethargic. I'm reading up on a few issues and it now seems like she's showing signs of Cushing's Disease. Her symptoms pretty much match all of the ones listed. We're stopping the seizure medication for a few days to see if that makes a difference, yet we're still going to continue giving her the thyro-tabs. I'll keep you all posted. Thanks again everyone.

I'm so sorry to hear about your beautiful girl I do hope something is figured out and everything is OK with her.

It's nice to see you back on PT, although I'm sorry it's under these circumstances. I'll keep her in my thoughts. Give the pups a hug for me, please.

Any updates?

"The dog represents all that is best in man." Etienne Charlet

www.rornfp.org

Prayers for Molly! Keep us posted!
    Shannon, Boomer, and Sooner

She's still the same. We're monitoring her this week to see how she does and if she'll make any improvements on her own. She's still eating and drinking, just doesn't want to do much of anything else really. If nothing has changed by next week we're taking her in again to see what else we can do if there are any other options.

Lots and lots of healthy prayes for sweet Molly. Hope she gets well soon. This is a sad news that she isn't recovering but I still hope she does ok. Don't lose hope. It can help in moments you never thought of. May God give her the best health. Ameen!

May God give you strength dear Molly and May God give you patience to go through all this. For Molly and GoldenRetrLuver

Hi Pet Talk, it's been a while. Molly has been having seizures almost every night for the past week and she's been very weak. She went to the vet this morning. My vet says it's around an 85% chance that she has a brain tumor and there is really nothing more we can do other then to keep her comfortable and put her on some pain meds. I know that Pet Talk thoughts and prayers really work, and we could use some right now.

Praying for pretty miss Molly. And for you, too. Miss seeing you here on PT!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

I hope everything is ok for you and your pup

Clover, Loki, Shadow, Pixel and Kyo