Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lacey is gone

Hybrid View

Unhappy Lacey is gone

Lacey has left us for the Rainbow Bridge. She was PTS this afternoon. Her back legs just didn't have anything left in them. She was the first furkid I ever had to have PTS who wasn't 'sick'. As some of you may remember, she had surgeries on both of her back knees when she was 4 and 5. They held up a long time until recent years, continuing to get weaker.
    I know in my heart she's at the Bridge with her best buddy Mandy. I can see them running and playing together. Lacey's legs are new again and Mandy no longer has a bad heart. This brings me peace.
    The house won't be the same without her after 10 years of her ruling the roost. She kept all the 'young uns' in line. Have fun with Mandy at the Bridge Lacey. You and your beautiful brown eyes will be sadly missed.
    We all love you. 7/20/00-7/30/10

a younger Lacey

first picture

with her buddy Mandy
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I cannot even express in words how bad I feel for you, Annette. I know how much you loved her and you gave her a wonderful life. I remember this is how we 'met' through Buster and Lacey for Valentine's day on here in 2005. She has touched my heart and Buster's heart in a big way. We love you Lacey and we love you, too Annette. Buster says even though she may be gone she is his Valentine sweetheart forever.

My thoughts and prayers are with you. Please know I am here for you for anything you need. She was a lovely girl and lucky to have you. My favorite picture of her is with Mandy. (((hugs)))

The Last Battle
    If it should be that I grow frail and weak
    And pain should keep me from my sleep,
    Then will you do what must be done,
    For this -- the last battle -- can't be won.
    You will be sad I understand,
    But don't let grief then stay your hand,
    For on this day, more than the rest,
    Your love and friendship must stand the test.
    We have had so many happy years,
    You wouldn't want me to suffer so.
    When the time comes, please, let me go.
    Take me to where to my needs they'll tend,
    Only, stay with me till the end
    And hold me firm and speak to me
    Until my eyes no longer see.
    I know in time you will agree
    It is a kindness you do to me.
    Although my tail its last has waved,
    From pain and suffering I have been saved.
    Don't grieve that it must be you
    Who has to decide this thing to do;
    We've been so close -- we two -- these years,
    Don't let your heart hold any tears.

-- Unknown
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

I am so sorry for your loss.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

I am so sorry for your great loss. Lacey play hard beautiful girl.

I am so very saddened to hear this news. My heart aches for you. I consider myself lucky that I actually got to meet Lacey in person. My thoughts are with you and I'm sending out lots of hugs.

Rest In Peace, Lacey.

I am typing through tears. I am shocked and so very sad. It always breaks my heart to hear another furkid has gone to the bridge. But you are right, she is now pain free and running around like the puppy she was when you brought her home.

RIP Lacey
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

my heart goes out to you at this very sad time, Lacey was indeed a very beautiful dog,she reminds me of my friends dog Greta, i am thinking of you at this difficult time and hope you find some comfort here amongst your PT friends, who understand the pain you are feeling right now, may your heart heal in time. HUGS
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I saw this and my stomach dropped. I'm so, so very sorry for your loss of sweet Lacey. Those pictures of her with Mandy are adorable and I'm glad that you can remember them both fondly.

RIP Lacey.

Zimbabwe 07/13

I'm so sorry about Lacey ((Hugs))

Have fun at the RB Lacey...
    -Ellie

'If everyone else's opinion is what matters, then do you ever really have one of your own?'- Jodi Picoult, Nineteen Minutes

I am sorry for your loss. To lose one is nearly impossible to deal with, but, two within months, nearly does you in. May the memories of both of them bring you comfort in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cataholic View Post
    To lose one is nearly impossible to deal with, but, two within months, nearly does you in.
    Yes, it is really doing me in. I knew this would be hard on Layla and it's heart wrenching. Jakey is such a happy go lucky boy he doesn't seem affected much by Lacey being gone. Thought I post a pic of L&L, they too, were buddies. This pic shows Lacey really did rule the roost!

Thank you all so much for your kind words, it means the world to me.
    Forever in my heart...

Chocolate Puppy, I am so sorry to learn this news. ((HUGS))
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I am so very, very sorry Annette. My thoughts are with you.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

I'm so sorry for your loss.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Thanks to each and everyone of you. Your kind words have helped me through this difficult time. It's still a long road ahead. Missing her, still looking out for her, thinking she's here. Layla is doing better, will eat without worrying where Lacey is, but I know she wonders where she is.
    Forever in my heart...