Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Perils of Pinot...cont'd....

The Perils of Pinot...cont'd....

HELP!! What have my purrents done to my house??? First, they keep me inside for like, EVER, saying it's "too hot"... THEN, these strange men come in the house (well, not all that strange, one of them is Unca Jimmy) and you WILL NOT BELIEVE what they've done!! They put those big machines Mom puts clothes in in the hallway, they moved the big thing with ice and food, and ripped up the floor!! Then they went in the flushy room at the other end of the hall and put the flushy thing in the hall, and ripped up that floor too!!! The floors are all rough and dirty and yucky!! Not acceptable! When's the Catmobile picking me up? I just can't take this!

I just knew you'd all understand.

Pinot
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Oh Pinot! This is a purrfect opportunity to exhibit your fine supervisory skills. When my daddy does things like that, I make sure I'm in the middle of everything and just to be certain he does everything right, I ride on his shoulders and whispurr in his ears when he makes a boo boo

Mom thinks I'm genius Dad doesn't always appreciate my help

Yours in training hoomans right, Eve
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

Pinot- Once done you are going to love what is being done at your house. If I were you, I would insist they make me my own private space with cubby holes and places to climb so when you want to get away from it all, you have your own place to go. Taking that trip with the other kitties will be fun and a lot can be done at home while you are gone and you won't have to put up with that mess and getting your paws dirty for awhile. SO, enjoy your trip and have fun!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

I agree with Eve, whatever they're doing you M-U-S-T supervise. How in the world will they know when they're doing something wrong? They need your knowledge!
    I always supervise when they put colors on the walls or when strange men come with new boxes with stuff (BTW: I keep the boxes for myself )

Just be careful with all the mess.
    Sophie
    astrid

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bengalz View Post
    Oh Pinot! This is a purrfect opportunity to exhibit your fine supervisory skills. When my daddy does things like that, I make sure I'm in the middle of everything and just to be certain he does everything right, I ride on his shoulders and whispurr in his ears when he makes a boo boo

Mom thinks I'm genius Dad doesn't always appreciate my help

Yours in training hoomans right, Eve
    Pepper totally agrees! Your hoomans must be supervised.
    Now, keep a look out for any holes that they tear in the walls or floors.
    This is very important! Because you must crawl in to those holes and explore everything. Sure, you might get stuck, but if you do, yowl pitiously until the hoomans are forced to tear an even bigger hole to rescue you.

Yes, they may swear and mutter about the damage, but all holes must be explored!
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

I agree! Humans must be su-purr-vised. Also, do you inspect boxes for suitability as hidey spots, Pinot? I have my human trained that I must inspect any box before it goes in the recycling. My fur-cousin Milo is an even more diligent box inspector than I am - he even test-naps them!

Could you please have your people give you a big hug and kiss from my meowmie, please.

Cassie
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

My boys are split on this one. Mac HATES it when strange men come in the house and mess with things. Ming, on the other hand, is a great supervisor. He told me to tell you that it's fun to hang around the men and supervise. He said, "You never know when one of them turns out to be a cat lover and then you get lots of petting and sometimes even treats!" He calls it "working the hoomans". It might be worth a try. Ming has scored treats of all kinds.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Hi Pinot,
    First of all, be sure that your purrents, Unca Jimmy, and any other hoomin knows beyond all doubt that this is your house! Imagine, disrupting and disturbing you like that. It sounds like they're even taking your floors away!

Are your toys, food dishes, water dishes, bed, hidey places and everything safe? What about your Catberry Mobile and your cell phone? And all of your maps?!?

Your situation sounds absolutely dreadful! I'm sure our very careful Catmobile driver will come get you a few days early. Plus you can always jump on the Amtrak to Trenton and stay at my place until things smooth over.

Call me on my cell phone so we can plan our next course of action.

Your friend,
    Groucho the Lawyer
    Practice Limited to Kitty Krimes and Aboose
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Hi Pinot,
    it's Orion here. Can you imagine what my people did. they closed my nice balcony and tore it all down. My door to the outside is closed all the time. They say it will be bigger and better but I can see now that I could easily stroll from the new platform to the roof and maybe go to see the girls downstairs as there is no stupid netting.
    My mom says I am not old enough for the Catmobile but I think I am!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara View Post
    Hi Pinot,
    it's Orion here. My mom says I am not old enough for the Catmobile but I think I am!!!!
    Hi Orion, Of course you're old enough to join us on a Catmobile trip! There are no age limits. Sadly, if your Meowmie says no we can't come and get you. We had babies with us on our last trip and everyone pitched in to help care for them and watch out for them. I hope they had as much fun as we did. But don't worry, my friend, you have a place in the Catmobile when your Meowmie says it's okay for you to come. Meanwhile, listen to your Meowmie and know she loves you very much.

Your friend,
    Groucho
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

They should put you in a quiet place Pinot^^ if they are going to rip up your house.
    We had people in our front and back yards and we weres scared but now we have places to go , Memorial Shelter where we can be cool and get a breeze.
    If it gets too noisy , please let us know Pinot^^, Moose the MagnfiCat ^^ , Priscilla ^^ and Our Awesome Angels will bring you over for a sleep over
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Thank you all so much for understanding! You know what they've done now?? They put me in the basement (of course, that's where a lot of my time is spent because I have all my stuff there, but I won't say THAT!)!! Meowmie and Dad are at work, Unca Jimmy and Rich are upstairs, and I can't supervise! I tried to go upstairs last night, Meowmie said, "don't go in the kitchen" and put up a gate. Well, there's a BIG opening behind the sofa in the family room, so I jumped right over the couch and through the opening and landed on some really funny feeling stuff. It was cool, though, it left PAWPRINTS! Mom didn't seem too pleased, but she came to the basement with me and watched TV. Dad came down later and we all watched together.

Uncle Gary, they made a lot of noise the other day, but they're a lot quieter now! Thanks! Groucho, all my stuff is safely tucked away downstairs, so that's OK! Orion, of course you're old enough-see if you can talk Mom into it!

You all are the best! I'm so glad you're there to help keep me upbeat about this!

​GO RAVENS!!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Hi Pinot - Myndi here. Ya' know, Sparky and I have been discussing this "situation" of yours, and we'd like to offer our view. I know, I know - we're just dogs, so what do we know??? A lot - I tell ya - a lot! Whenever we have someone come to our house to disrupt our routine, we make it as unpleasant for them as we can, so that they will hurry up - do what they have to do - and get the heck out!!! Barking, growling, showing our teeth, mock attacking. Well considering that we each only weigh around 10 pounds, that doesn't really scare anyone off, but what does it, is the constant barking, even when Mom gets irritated with us and puts us in her bedroom and closes the door. That never stopped us from continuing to bark until the offending intruders leave. Actually they get done a whole lot quicker than they would if we weren't here and driving them nuts with our load mouths.
    Okay - we know that you don't have a dog brother or sister, but maybe a neighborhood dog friend that could step in and help out??? We tell ya - it really works! Nothing against cats, because you know that we really like you (and we have a couple here we have to tolerate too), but you guys just aren't as intimidating as dogs! Mom told us of one of her RB Meezers that would get in a repairman's toolbox or sit on his lap if he happened to be sitting on the floor working on something. Hope Mom wasn't paying him by the hour, because he would be here way longer than necessary with that cat around!
    Anyway girl, we just thought we'd offer that thought and suggestion, as remote a chance it is of it happening for you. The next time anything like this happens, and you find out about it in advance, just let us know, and we'll be there in a flash to provide some barking, growling, and threatening, to speed things up so you can get back to your accustomed lifestyle!

Hang in there Friend. We feel your pain...........
    Myndi & Sparky
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Myndi and Sparky, thank you so much for your support of my situation and willingness to help! Of course, you know I think of you as honorary kitties! I tried to take your advice to heart, but in a different way. You see, Unca Jimmy is a real softie, so I brought him my mousie. He threw mousie down the basement steps (of course, this is the mousie that's made for that, not my "special" mousie), and I did this about every five minutes. Unca Jimmy kept this up all day; he didn't know I was secretly supervising. As far as doggies, we have Buddy across the way, but he's not allowed to come over and bark.

Next time I find out about this type of thing I'll be sure and give you two a call! Thanks!!!

Love ya!

Pinot

​GO RAVENS!!

Oh poor Pinot! It is just TERRIBLE when strangers are allowed into the house. I really don't know why our purrsons allow that.
    So glad you can escape to the catmobile.
    See you soon!
    S&J xx