Thread: I think I just threw up in my mouth?

I think I just threw up in my mouth?

Ed has been shedding at a phenomenal rate lately.

With the warm weather? He has some knots in his fur and I have taken to removing them with clippers, scissors or gently pulling them apart so I can get a brush through his hair. When I use a pair of scissors to clip the rough patches I sometimes get a negative answer from him and he struts off a little groomed and a lot bothered...

So far, so good?:cool

With this on-and-off style grooming, Ed will sit off to the side and take care of the 'loose ends'.

To me?
    That means I have to vacuum and watch him closely for the hair balls that are to follow.

I know when Ed will blow chunks.. He wakes up from his nap and does this little mewl, go to the hallway -it he has time - and blows chunks.

I have old newspaper to shove under his nose and we have doen well with THAT form of 'treatment'.

Last night I left some newspaper by the recliner and when I went to pick it up this morning? I didn't see the small puddle of puke he left on the the edge of the paper and put my thumb into it.

I was totally stoked and happy, Maybe he has learned to puke on the paper?

I was so FULL OF MYSELF that I tossed the paper out and thought nothing about it.

On the..uh....HIS recliner I have placed a sheet across the seat and a large cotton beach towel down the back of the chair.

Easy clean up and maintenance?

I began to straighten up the towel and put my hand into a pile of puke and a giant hairball.......The towel absorbed the moisture and didn't let it soak thru..I guess he was asleep on the towel, woke up and tossed his treats on the seat.

I was happy, but, I forgot the cardinal rule of cat puke.

Ed will spew a giant hairball on his first try, them puke a little smaller pile to finish. The pile I found this morning was the secondary 'shot' - I should have known better and looked for the primary puddle!

This afternoon, Ed was looking like he wanted to puke again, so I grabbed a section of the paper and layed it out, he hit the paper AND my thumb.

LOL, he moved a little farther into the hallway, I grabbed another section and while managing to ignore the warm feel of 'Vasca de Gato' on my hand and managed to grab THAT mess too.

Man,

The things I do for love....

He just made his way in front of me and I gave him a huge kiss on the forehead.

I may just throw up a hairball myself.....

My lips are covered with cat hair.

My cats are also shedding like crazy. It's this weird weather. I woke up this morning to wash my face and got cat hair in my eyes. UGH!!!

When you hear the "URKA, URKA, URKA" sound, it's bound to produce a pile of cold, wet fur on your rug that you usually find in the middle of the night, while walking to the bathroom.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom View Post

When you hear the "URKA, URKA, URKA" sound, it's bound to produce a pile of cold, wet fur on your rug that you usually find in the middle of the night, while walking to the bathroom.

or maybe on that last step in the basement stairway. (and always in bare
    feet of course)
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

and always in bare feet of course
    Lizbud,

Of course!!! I swear they plan it that way!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Joseph's fur seems to be clumping and coming out in bunches.
    There are a few hairballs around and isnt it odd that they are in spots where there is heavy traffic
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

The joys of being owned by a cat.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Tim & I are puking hairballs too, for some reason ours are shedding right now & we can't figure out why!!

We had a bunch of people over for Tim's B-day a few weeks back, and before the party we vaccumed the furniture REAL good, then we put the cats in our bedroom/bathroom during the party and for some reason we still saw cat hair!!

When Tim's step-mom got to go home, she had cat hair on her butt!!! (we both chuckled.....she doesn't like cat hair on her!! a real P.I.T.A )
    Bunny & Kitties:

Taz - F (7); Majerle - M (4) & Loki - M (8 months)
    (pronounced: Marley).