Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Halo - Fibrosarcoma from microchip? Update #71

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I haven't posted in this thread before now, but I have been following Halo's story. I'm so sorry to read the latest update - I truly had hoped that by some miracle, she would be able to beat the odds of this terrible disease. I have never had any animals of mine chipped, and after reading this account, I probably never will.
    Don't blame yourself - you had no way of knowing this would happen. It's tough, when we do what we think is a good thing for our furkids, and it backfires. I just went thru a situation with Myndi - I was giving her baby aspirin (ok'ed by her vet), for her arthritis, and she developed a GI bleed that nearly killed her, and of course I blamed myself for it.
    Enjoy the time you have left together. I pray that she still has quality time left, and that she won't suffer, but I also know that you won't let it come to that.
    Give that pretty girl some gentle hugs and kisses from me please.
    Sending prayers of comfort to Halo and to you as well...........
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Your stories about Halo and Kuhio are heartbreaking. The loss of Kuhio is just tragic and it is inexcusable on the part of the shelter. You did what most of us would do in response when you micro-chipped Halo, and you shouldn't feel in any way responsible for what has happened to her. I had no idea chips could lead to tumors, and now I've checked our chipped cats for any signs of tumors.

It's good that you have a very understanding vet who will make a house call when Halo's time is here. It is a very difficult thing to do for our loved ones, but you will know when it's time and that it's the right thing to do. She will be less stressed knowing she's home and that you're with her.

When Halo finally joins Kuhio at the Rainbow Bridge, they will play gently as they wait for you so you can all cross together. Thank you for sharing your difficult stories. You may well have saved some lives.

In sorrow...

XXXXXXXXXXXAll our children have paws!
    XXXXXXXXNewman, Lexie, Molly, Emma, Billy,
    XXXXXXXXJess, Jinx, Midge, Sofie, and Tiger

RIP at the Rainbow Bridge:
    Our kitties, Simmy, Duke, Blackie, Mama Cat, Riley, April, and Chloe.
    Our dogs, Shilo, Misty, Nikki, and Shadow.
    We miss you. Play gently until we meet again.

More prayers and loving warmth and energies for Halo, and a candle: http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...g&cid=11398858
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    More prayers and loving warmth and energies for Halo, and a candle: http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...g&cid=11398858
    Thank you. I'm lighting candles every day. Begging for a miracle.
    I'm away at work again for 2 weeks. I spend most of the time in tears praying.

I don't want Halo to be in pain. Part of me hopes that I get to be with her in her final moments. Part of me hopes she goes peacefully before I get to hold her again.

Well, that did me in. Now I'm bawling.

Please keep this sweet girl in your prayers. She did not deserve the cruel hand she was dealt. As I've said many times, she is the sweetest kitty I've ever known. There is no meanness in her. She has been a blessing to us all.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

I lit another candle for dear Halo: http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...g&cid=11417473.

Sending her and you all our love and prayers.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    I lit another candle for dear Halo: http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...g&cid=11417473.

Sending her and you all our love and prayers.
    Thank you so much.

Bobcat reports that Halo is still eating, going to the catbox, etc. She makes it down the stairs and goes out to the pen every day and sleeps on the perch. She seems to want to stay a little longer.

Please keep those prayers coming!

Have you looked into Transfer Factor? If you search online, you wind up with a one wacky looking site...

Moesha had some - maybe find out where she got it.

Glad Halo is still enjoying life! Praying for a miracle.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I don't remember when I got the transfer factor. I didn't find that it helped Morgan with his fibrosarcoma. But I don't think it hurt either. Except that he hated taking it. Finally I stopped giving it to him and let him enjoy the time that he had left. Especially food time, since that was one of his favorite times of the day. I am so very sorry to read of the ordeal that you've been going through. Being away from your baby on top of the cancer must just be terrible. I canceled a vacation to stay with Morgan. I know that isn't a realistic thing for you to consider, but I just want you to know that I can empathize with your situation. I too haven't been around on Pet Talk for the last few months. Most of the reason has was because of the sad things happening to the sweet kitties. I know that many wonderful stories are here also, but I just couldn't join in them. Anyway, please know that you and Halo and Bobcat will all be in my thoughts. I hope that Halo has the most pleasant times possible during this time.

Time helps the sadness subside, but the memories remain forever.

Keeping Halo, and you, in my thoughts and prayers. It's just so sad what she has to go through, and as you said, being such a sweet kitty, it's just so unfair.

I hope that you get to hold her again, and tell her how much you love her. I know I wished I could have done that with my Finae. When they go so unexpectedly, it's just inconsolable.

Quote Originally Posted by jenn_librarian View Post
    Keeping Halo, and you, in my thoughts and prayers. It's just so sad what she has to go through, and as you said, being such a sweet kitty, it's just so unfair.

I hope that you get to hold her again, and tell her how much you love her. I know I wished I could have done that with my Finae. When they go so unexpectedly, it's just inconsolable.

Jenn ~ Thank you for your kind words. I'm so sorry for your loss.

We lost Kuhio unexpectedly. She died alone and scared. It still haunts us.

Microchipping Halo was to make sure that if she was lost, we could find her before she was PTS.

We never dreamed that we would be harming her.

Losing Halo is a long, lingering goodbye.

At this point, I'm not sure which is worse -- unexpectedly or lingering. Both are awful!

At least Halo will be surrounded by loved ones.

A friend is coming by today (I'm still away at work). She is a massage therapist. She has had some success shrinking tumors with a laser treatment. She has tried it on her pets also. We hope that it will make Halo more comfortable.

I'm still praying for a miracle.

Halo still with us

Halo had a really bad day yesterday. Nothing we offered her would entice her to eat. She lay on the bed all day not moving. But, she welcomed a couple of scritchy sessions.

Late in the afternoon she started sneezing and breathing hard. I think she's developing an upper respiratory infection. I figured today would be the day to have her put to sleep because I figured she wouldn't be eating (I've heard that cats don't eat if they can't smell the food).

Once again Halo decided to prove me wrong. She jumped down off the bed and scampered around this morning. Ate a couple of crunchies and some ham baby food. Drank a bunch of water. Hopped in the cat box and dug to China...

Now she's resting comfortably softly purring. The girl is amazing.

We have a session with a pet communicator set up for tomorrow. We had a session last week but Halo wasn't talking. (Cammie talked up a storm, though). After the session, I'll post how it went.

Thank you for all your prayers.

Oh, goodness, Halo, don't scare your mom like that, okay?
    I've Been Frosted

She's an amazing cat all right. She continues to remain in my thoughts and prayers. I hope that the session with the animal communicator will go well and you'll learn what her wishes are and how she's really feeling. Good luck.

Awwwww, Halo.. you go, girl!

We are sending our prayers and healing energies and lovies and scritchies.

Pat and cats
    Death thought about it.

Halo and Lisa, more prayers are coming from Mary and the Fur Posse in Ohio. Keep the faythe.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11