Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Calling all "Howlers"

Calling all "Howlers"

Who has a dog that loves to howl? Just curious. Both Reggie and Nebo will howl on command......errr...well the "command" being us howling with them, hehe. The only time I've heard Smokey howl was when he was really sad a few times....never got him to howl with us. Both Reggie and Nebo seem to really enjoy howling. Reggie has a very high-pitched, puppy sounding bark...Nebo's is deeper.

I *know* I have a recording of Reggie howling somewhere....but I can't seem to find it. I'll try to record a file of both of them tomorrow. If anyone has a sound file of their dog howling, I'd love to hear it!

Also please post pics of your dogs howling if you have any! I have TONS of Reggie, and a couple of Nebo.......but I won't post them all lol.

I think I just like teaching the dogs to howl because of my wolf obsession...lol...

Yup, Draker's a howler too. I don't have any pictures of him howling, but will try and get one.

You know it! Of course Roxey is, but I don't think I have any pics. I'll try to get one of her. She howls best for Mark

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Malone only howls when he is woken from a deep sleep by someone coming to the door or something. when he did it the first time, it was so cute, a deep howl in this tiny puppy body.

I've been trying to teach Malone to speak on command, and the best we have gotten is a low growl. Unfortunately he thinks that whenever he barks, he needs to lunge at you, too. Grrr.

My family's dog, Cody, only howls at the answering machine. I guess the distorted voices coming from the box on the counter disturb him. It's makes it really hard to playback messges, though. He has to be put in the other room.

Beethoven howls everyday....err.....everytym someone's at the door....
    ~eLLeN~

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~~Anatole France~~

My dogs are howling fools! They howl for dinner, playtime, because the neighbor's dogs are howling, the northern lights set them off. They howl because they want to play, want out of the pen, someone they know is in the yard, another dog is in the yard, ect, ect, ect.

Sleet is the only one who howls when she's sad though. When we first got her, she howled for three straight days--laying with her head sticking out of the doghouse and making the saddest sound ever. I finally called her musher and asked for help. She told me to snap a chain on her.....Sleet had always been a working dog and the only time she'd ever been behind a fence before, she was ill. She must have thought we were punishing her. She has never adjusted to being loose behind a fence and still prefers to be on a long cable in the front yard.
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

I wish Kia howled more. She rarely howls. Sometimes if someone knocks on the door, she'll throw in a howl with her bark and I think it's so cute.

I'd like to get a picture of her barking. In that case I need to get someone else to command her to speak.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

My Oreo is a howler. Get her started and it is hard to make her stop! Ralph has tried to get Sadie and Cincy to do it, but just doesn't seem to be in their mix.

Killian howls when he hears sirens, LOUD! If we watch "Cops" on TV, he howls a lot!!!!! It is hilarious. He is excellent at it. Now, Shiloh, on the other hand, is a poor excuse for a howler. She tries like crazy to mimic Killi, but it ends up being a weak howl. yelp, screech combo. Whenever there is a siren, we are on the floor laughing!!!
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

AMY! You know it.. Anna loves to howl, so does Rosie.. she has more of a "bay" than a howl though.. too cute!!

You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Just HOW DO YOU solve a problem like Maria?
    Smudge does a really feeble attempt at howling which is actually really funny to hear, he usually only does it if he's really really excited or if we're at a trial or class and I have Winter out playing and he's stuck in the kennel room.

Winter just looks at me like I'm nuts, I guess howling is beneath miss thang.
    Goonies never say die!

Thanks Amy for the great sig!

Originally posted by Sudilar
    Killian howls when he hears sirens, LOUD! If we watch "Cops" on TV, he howls a lot!!!!!

That the only time Felice howls is when she hears sirens too. And man does her howling hurt my ears. The other two don't howl they just stare at Felice like she's nuts!

Felice, Zeus, Hercules

CountryWolf07 that pic is tooooo cute! Thanks for posting it!

Zeke kinda does..I don't know if it would be considered howling?? Mini howls I guess..he kinda puts his head up and does a Rrwoo roo! kinda thing..lol.. no pics yet..

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)