View Poll Results: DO CATS HAVE EYELASHES???

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 76.47%
  • No

1 5.88%
  • Don't Care

1 5.88%
  • Never noticed

2 11.76%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do Cats Have Eyelashes???

Do Cats Have Eyelashes???

You can tell I don't have much of a social life . Has anyone ever noticed whether their cats have eyelashes or not??? I swear mine do.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I can't wait to have a look now, but both are having their afternoon nap. The cat gods would strike me with fury if I woke them from that ...

From memory I think they have thick hair across the top of the eyelids that helps protect the eye.
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

My 3 furbabies do too

Of course they have. Tigris (with very whiskers) has lashes like a model (a cat model of course )

YEP!!!

I had to go disturb Herself to double check, but there they are!! Actually, it does look more like a line of fur or very short whiskers, brushed elegantly to the side. Barbara, I agree, but let's face it, who do human models emulate when they want sexy eyes! Cats, of course!!!

P.S I remember noticing eyelashes on various cats that have honored me with their presence over the years, though, so I would say they definitely are eyelashes. And the fur-or-whisker appearance of Grasshopper's eyelashes might be because she is getting old (16 years.) Like humans, they may lose some of the sweeping beauty of their lashes as they age, too.
    Spencer's Mom

Grasshopper Shadowcat Magicat
    August 14, 1986 - June 15 2004
    Thank you so much for the siggies, PCB & Kfamr

* * I've Been Frosted * *

I zoomed in as far as I could figure out how to do....so here's a close up of Edwina's eylashes.....

VERY pretty Edwina!! Love those lashes!!

Yep, our furries have eyelashes...especially Noah!
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Yet again- one more compelling reason to work from home!

I have to wait another 6 hours to report the status on my cat's lashes.....boo hoo hoo

Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
    I zoomed in as far as I could figure out how to do....so here's a close up of Edwina's eylashes.....

Great Pic of Edwina!! OK, looking at that view of beautiful feline lashes, I have to say Grasshopper has definitely got 'em! She's sitting here next to me, and when I lifted her chin towards the window, she slowly blinked as if to show them off!

That isn't just a pic of Edwina, it's a portrait!! Nice work!!
    Spencer's Mom

Ahhh, sweet Edwina! And she definitely has eye lashes! Noticed it before in both Luna and Katz!

Kirsten

Wow! Beautiful picture of Edwina! My kitty has some eyelashes, but not as pretty as hers (and he says good thing, too, since I'm a BOY kitty and I don't want to be "pretty"! I'm a rough, tough, fightin' MAN kitty!). Hmmm..... then I better not tell him he's got permanent eyeliner tatooed on him - he's more of a Boy George kitty.....
    The legend says that Mohammed adored cats. When one of them was sleeping on his sleeve and he had to go out, Mohammed supposedly cut off the sleeve so as not to disturb his pet.

A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast - Proverbs 12:10

How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven. - Robert A. Heinlein

What greater gift than the love of a cat? ~ Charles Dickens

There is, incidently, no way of talking about cats that enables one to come off as a sane person. - Dan Greenberg

If purring could be encapsulated, it'd be the most powerful anti-depressant on the market. ~Alexis F. Hope

My Lucas has the eyelashes of a super model. My camera would never pick them up though, you'd only see the long eyebrow whiskers, the lashes are much smaller.. But you can definitely tell they are not just fur.

Originally posted by All Creatures Great And Small
    I'm a BOY kitty and I don't want to be "pretty"! I'm a rough, tough, fightin' MAN kitty!). Hmmm..... then I better not tell him he's got permanent eyeliner tatooed on him - he's more of a Boy George kitty.....
    LOL
    Face it, the male of the species always seems to get the great hair and eyelashes!!

Macho, Macho Cat,
    I wanna find
    A Macho Cat !!
    (with apologies to the Village People!)
    Spencer's Mom

I particularly like the "side" lashes on Edwina's cheek....I call them "curb feelers" like the ones on the backs of their legs
    "Everything is better when Ritz sits on it......or in it"

Ritz has "lash" whiskers, but they are black.....except this one wild hair......
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Everything is better when Ritz sits on it......or in it"