Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Helping Jonny Walker

Trish is one awesome lady!!!
    Monica Callahan KPA-CTP *Woohoo!*

LOL! Trish better get ready for round two! I have posted it on another animal sight I go to and already had one poster ask for contact information on how to make a donation.

Wish I had time to relearn how to make one of those buttons with the picture that you click on to take you where to make donations.. Took me awhile to learn how to do it and haven't done it in a very long time.. Something we could all use in our siggies everywhere. Anybody else know how to do that?

Mel, I hope someday we can meet since we are that close!

PET TALK HAS TO BE THE HOTTEST WEB SIGHT ON THE WEB RIGHT NOW!

PET TALK RULES!

Kev, thanks for posting Trish's update! Next time you talk to her, tell her to change that email of mine to eldecook707.. can't believe I forgot to ad that 707 to it! (a senior moment I'm sure)

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Trish, I think it's time you hire me to be your secretary.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

I am again so touched by the power of Pet Talk. I am suffering from major LES this morning, and I am so proud to know you all. This thread only serves to prove how wonderful everyone here is. I rememeber how blessed I was when Bassett was sick, and the help I received, and it makes my heart swell to see it happening again.

Thank you all so much for this amazing community!

When this is done, Trish needs 3 days off with pay! What a lady! And what great news on Jonny!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonandBean View Post
    During that "peak of PT" I saw your profile, Pomtzu's too
    Yup - I saw mine and Sandie's too - can't NOT recognize those siggys! I told my guys they were on t.v. in LA - for a second anyway....

It's so good to hear that Jonny is progressing - and EATING too. It all sounds very positive. Now to get safely thru the heartworm treatment. But he's definitely a fighter, and I'm sure he'll make it.

Keep up the good work Jonny! Gentle hugs coming from us here in hot Delaware.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

We are still pulling for you, Jonny Walker! Keep eating up the good food, and wagging that tail!
    I've Been Frosted

We were away on vacation this week, so I could not get to Pet Talk, but I have been following Jonny Walker's story as much as I could on Facebook. What an amazing thing you all have done. This is the kind of stuff that makes Pet Talk what it is. WELL DONE PET TALK!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kev68 View Post
    Some of you may have recieved an up date from Trish but I am going to post what she sent out incase some PTer's did not give their email addy so here's an update as of about midnight last night.

"Hello to all,

I wanted to provide everyone with the daily update on Johnny Walker.

I saw him before I left work around 7:45 pm.

He had just come in from taking a walk outside. His vital signs are stable. He is no longer on any IV fluids. He is on oral antibiotics. He is taking oral pain medication. He has been able to eat his pureed food today. He has a large bowl of water in his cage. He appeared alert and oriented. He looked like he was smiling. His tail wagged as I talked to him through the cage. His get well card is still on his cage. He wagged his tail so hard, it went into the water bowl!!!
    It is amazing how trusting he is after what has happened to him. He was lying upright in his cage and seemed unaffected by any other sounds in the room (barking of other patients). He looks happier.

I will get an update on Saturday on him and again on Sunday and will notify everyone throughout the weekend. For now, things look good.

I did speak with Dr. Kergosien this am about him. He stated that he may need to pull two small teeth for him if his mouth does not align properly but not too bad for all that has happened. He will most likely be on soft food for quite some time per the doctor.

The clinic is able to get in touch with me after hours and all weekend if needed. All calls for donations over the weekend will result in the receptionist taking a message for me to return calls on Monday. He will be seen by one of our surgery doctors all weekend.

Will keep in touch!

Trish"

Poor Trish has been going around nonstop takeing Donations, chacking with the Dr, and giving updates to anyone calling for and update on Johnny Walker. Trish thank you so much for everything you have and will continue to do for Johnny.
    I'm an insurance nurse so I just have to make a comment on this from my perspective ... if Jonny were a human patient, he would probably have an HMO with somebody like me bugging his doctor about his discharge!

I also got a pm from Kev68 -- Jonny does have a place to live when he is discharged from the hospital, even if Jason is away at National Guard training. (also the insurance nurse making sure the patient has a safe place to live after discharge- that's the nice part of my job ) Jonny will require ongoing doctor's care for his injuries for at least another couple of months even after he goes home.

PTers, you ROCK! Jonny, please keep drinking your water and eating your pureed food, and wagging your tail! We don't want any post-op complications for you! gentle *kiss* for you
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Aww...Jonny even has his own PT nurse Thanks Elyse.

Born in Los Angeles, California but lived in Louisiana all my life. Currently, live in Denham Springs, LA

How to become an ears volunteer

Hi Everyone
    If anyone is interested in becoming an EARS (EMERGENCY ANIMAL RESCUE SERVICES) VOLUNTEER it's easy. If you go to UNITED ANIMAL NATIONS WEBSITE www.uan.org it will tell u when the next training class will be. I went down to New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina to attend the workshop. Once you attend the all day workshop (it was one day when I went) you are certified and then you can sign up to be deployed to help with emergencies.

I live in Denham Springs, I think it would be great if we could meet and have a celebration (get together) to say THANKS to everyone.

I have raised money for shelters by holding raffles and collecting supplies. I am willing to help in any way I can.

If anyone wants any more information about EARS, you can contact me at
    [email protected]

Born in Los Angeles, California but lived in Louisiana all my life. Currently, live in Denham Springs, LA

There is a grant to help with...

I forgot to stated that UNITED ANIMAL NATIONS does have a program to help with medical bills in animal emergencies.
    www.uan.org

Hey cassiesmom

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    I'm an insurance nurse so I just have to make a comment on this from my perspective ... if Jonny were a human patient, he would probably have an HMO with somebody like me bugging his doctor about his discharge!

I also got a pm from Kev68 -- Jonny does have a place to live when he is discharged from the hospital, even if Jason is away at National Guard training. (also the insurance nurse making sure the patient has a safe place to live after discharge- that's the nice part of my job ) Jonny will require ongoing doctor's care for his injuries for at least another couple of months even after he goes home.

PTers, you ROCK! Jonny, please keep drinking your water and eating your pureed food, and wagging your tail! We don't want any post-op complications for you! gentle *kiss* for you
    And I was on the other end for 10 years. I worked as an RN in Home Health and kept fighting insurance companies, Medicare, and Medicaid to please help. You and I may have negotiated in the past, lol. Please be assured that JW has 3 homes, and WILL be protected. These kids had no right to lure him off of my porch. They were not even on their own property when they did this. Anyway, we still have lots of work to do, as JW also in getting healthy again. Geeeeezzzz, Laura was right when she said this must be the most popular web site on the www. And WE, THE PT'ers do ROCK. I have never met such a beautiful bunch of people and pets in my life. Again, GOD BLESS!

Quote Originally Posted by Laura's Babies View Post
    PET TALK HAS TO BE THE HOTTEST WEB SIGHT ON THE WEB RIGHT NOW!

PET TALK RULES!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomilynn View Post
    I am again so touched by the power of Pet Talk. . . . Thank you all so much for this amazing community!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cincy'sMom View Post
    WELL DONE PET TALK!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    PTers, you ROCK!
    LOL, I just loved seeing all this as I caught up on the thread. I am stunned at how quickly this took off once it hit on PT. And pleasantly, stunned, I may add.

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    Yup - I saw mine and Sandie's too - can't NOT recognize those siggys!
    I saw as well!!!!

JW, you have NO idea how many folks have been touched by your story. I truly believe all the prayers reach you on some level, and that is all helping you to pull through this.

I will be on the radio in Florida tomorrow, and will tell folks the Jonny Walker story then - see the thread over in Town Hall if you want to listen in!
    I've Been Frosted